2011 Formula 1 UBS Chinese Grand Prix

Damn, Kovalainen beat a whole bunch of midfielders in FP1...

anyone else always reads the title as "USB grand prix"? drives me crazy :lol:

and seriously, vettel 2 seconds ahead of the McLarens? pfff...
but go lotus!!!

Last edited:
anyone else always reads the title as "USB grand prix"? drives me crazy :lol:

and seriously, vettel 2 seconds ahead of the McLarens? pfff...
but go lotus!!!

Agree!

Lotus looks great and i think the HRT, when they get more track time, will be just fine. im kinda pulling for them every weekend. if i had a spare $5 million i would put my name on the car cuz "that spot looks cool" and "that could be [me]"

Agree!

Lotus looks great and i think the HRT, when they get more track time, will be just fine. im kinda pulling for them every weekend. if i had a spare $5 million i would put my name on the car cuz "that spot looks cool" and "that could be [me]"

Top it up to 10 million dollars and you'll be in Narain's race seat. Or whatever that's needed.

and if it's not enough, the 'Final Gear' logo would look neat on that HRT anyway :lol:

We should totally ask how much it would cost to get our logo on the car, even in some small inconspicuous place!

I'd be willing to chip in a few bucks!

Well for one sponsorship space on a backmarker BTCC team was ?4k per race. So I imagine even a backmarker F1 car would be way way more than ?20k for a postage stamp sized part.

But yeah, it is HRT. Maybe they'd legally change their name to yours for your lunch money.

Any Aussies planning to watch quali should be aware it's delayed an hour. So if you've got the f1.com app on your phone, watch out for the push notifications spoiling it for you.

Considering HRT's financial situation I would be surprised if they would turn down even a reasonably small deal (a smallish five figure sum) for one race. After all even a small deal would be some income as opposed to displaying 'cool spot' and getting no income whatsoever. Of course, I don't know what kind of expenses there are involved in creating a deal like that and changing the livery, the deal would obviously need to be more than that...

A clever marketing guy could probably also turn it into good PR ('fans love HRT so much they are willing to pay their own money to help us keep going').

i would totally pitch in on that, how epic would that be. I wonder if the would make it onto the Top Gear news segment seeing as Andy likes us!

ill put up a TEST POLL in here to see the interest. just for fun

Last edited:
I can't believe Maldonado knocked him out. I am really eager to see what he has to say about it.

i stand by saying that something is up with vettels car or even that webbers KERS is "bad" and the team "cant figure out why". im no red bull fan but i like them so im not saying this out of spite, im just stateing what i see. am i wrong?