Stupid Driver Stories

^ That's everyday sight in jewistan. Accompanied with the inevitable lane-cuts you get from these folks.

Someone has posted on Youtube, so this should be OK outside.

:shock:

The idiot got three and a half years jail time, for this and other offences.

Pah. Mustang man beats that. (yes this is an olde, but a goodie).

[video=youtube;_UKW-Cn9vlI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UKW-Cn9vlI[/video]

Pah. Mustang man beats that. (yes this is an olde, but a goodie).

[video=youtube;_UKW-Cn9vlI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UKW-Cn9vlI[/video]

i love this guy.

its funny when people assume that police are the highest trained drivers on the road. they are not. a level head and a good plan and some training (combined with alternate plans just in case) is how you outrun these guys. im not saying that they aren't good, they are, but they arent always the best ones. anyone remember the guy in the Porsche that out ran the police helicopter? i think it was in Cali years ago.

i love this guy.

its funny when people assume that police are the highest trained drivers on the road. they are not. a level head and a good plan and some training (combined with alternate plans just in case) is how you outrun these guys. im not saying that they aren't good, they are, but they arent always the best ones. anyone remember the guy in the Porsche that out ran the police helicopter? i think it was in Cali years ago.
That guy clearly has some good skills, likely some sort of advanced driving training. I personally don't think I could pull of J-turns like that.

That guy clearly has some good skills, likely some sort of advanced driving training. I personally don't think I could pull of J-turns like that.

thats my point, we wtch shows about chases and they always say thing like "this guy thinks he can outdrive the police" ect...

i admit that 99% of drivers cant do this kind of stuff but some of us can! lol

I got to wonder how many people do get away and we just don't get to see video of it because it's not PC and/or because most people probably aren't stupid enough to post their own getaway.
I've heard more that just a few stories to think that it may not be that uncommon.

thats my point, we wtch shows about chases and they always say thing like "this guy thinks he can outdrive the police" ect...

i admit that 99% of drivers cant do this kind of stuff but some of us can! lol

You're missing an important point. Those admittedly amazing J-turns bought about 60 seconds before he got surrounded anyway :p

The police have numbers. And helicopters.

You're missing an important point. Those admittedly amazing J-turns bought about 60 seconds before he got surrounded anyway :p

The police have numbers. And helicopters.

Yeah that's the problem they don't really play fair. People do get away though, a friend was telling me of someone he knows in a tuned Supra outrun the cops. Unfortunately they showed up at his door step the next day....

Don't forget that the police have radios as well. Even if it looks like they might be letting you go, there will likely be a roadblock around your next turn.

.....or is that just in Need for Speed? :think: It's still relevant though, because you shouldn't run from the cops! :p

There were a few stories on the news a few years back about crotch rockets getting away from cops on the highway. The cops would just send a helicopter to follow them to their house. The would just walk up to the house and arrest them.

There were a few stories on the news a few years back about crotch rockets getting away from cops on the highway. The cops would just send a helicopter to follow them to their house. The would just walk up to the house and arrest them.
It's even easier most of the time seeing as how cruisers come with cameras they can pull the plate in like a second. Hell all highway patrol cars here have plate readers on their cars.

There was a guy in the Bay Area that got busted that way. He ran on the 101 North in Marin and outlegged the cops, but he didn't realize they had a light aircraft in the air that just trailed him home.

I really, really hate it when drivers cut into a narrow gap in front of me without indicating. If they used their indicators, I'll gladly slow down to make the gap big enough to be safe enough to pull into, and also that way I wouldn't be surprised by them cutting in front of me either.

I really, really hate it when drivers cut into a narrow gap in front of me without indicating. If they used their indicators, I'll gladly slow down to make the gap big enough to be safe enough to pull into, and also that way I wouldn't be surprised by them cutting in front of me either.
While I agree but that's also due to a lot of drivers on the road. Many times I would try to get into a gap that's just about my car length because I need to be in that lane for some reason (exit coming up, on ramp, etc...) and the driver tries to close the gap to stop me from getting in. The other day I did that and I indicated the entire time when some lady in a VW was trying to close the gap and then had the balls to honk at me when I simply moved in. Funniest thing is the fact that it was to get on an on ramp and once I hit the on ramp she was lost in the oblivion of my rear view because I accelerated to the proper highway speed on the ON RAMP like a normal person and she was doing 25....

Tell you what I don't understand, not once does the 'bad guy' drive into a multi-storey car park. Helicopters cannot see you in there.

Tell you what I don't understand, not once does the 'bad guy' drive into a multi-storey car park. Helicopters cannot see you in there.

This does work, and it does happen occasionally - but it only works if the cop hasn't gotten your license number.

This does work, and it does happen occasionally - but it only works if the cop hasn't gotten your license number.
If they can?t identify the person, they can?t charge him/her even if they have the plate crystal-clear. What a car does is one thing ... which person is at the wheel - another.

I?m not advocating racing the police ... I?m just saying there has to be more than a good view at a License-plate for having a case against someone ... ownership or access might make you a suspect ... but without being able to ID (or capture) the driver in Question, there is no case.

Last edited:
Actually, they can charge you. They impound your car, get fingerprint evidence from it, then file charges - and wait for you to come home to arrest you.