Spied: VW New Beetle UNVEILED

It's clear where VW is headed with the New Beetle, they made it looks a lot beefier and sporty than the first-gen and as per the other thread it's apparently going to get some bonkers engine choice, so it's obvious VW is trying very hard to compete with say the Mini Cooper by making the second-gen New Beetle not just highly stylized but also sporty and fun to drive.

I think they've succeeded, this second-gen New Beetle still retains the shape and overall look of the New Beetle while making the stance a lot more sporty and purposeful.

But the thing is, they don't fucking need this thing... there's the Scirocco for those who prefer style over practicality and there's the GTI for those who prefer practicality over style... even though neither the Scirocco or GTI compete directly with the Mini Cooper I think VW had enough cheap fast cars. I'm fairly certain that there are many people who were attracted to the first-gen New Beetle for the very reason that it didn't have any sporting pretensions.

People were attracted to the first gen one because they were insane. VW does not want to lose their crazy person market and can attract more crazy people with the PT Cruiser gone. Since the original one was obviously filled with brain washing chemicals that makes it so impossible to sell mine and making me need to buy this one because it will make me happy.

Well, I'd rather buy this new-NEW Beetle than a Scirocco, because to me, the Scirocco is just a squashed 3-door Golf.

I was being serious. Your granny was the original owner of your car... was she insane?

There's all these folks who buy Corollas and Hondas because they don't really care about the driving aspect, I always thought most people who bought the original New Beetle were similar to those people except they wanted something that looked a bit more interesting than a Corolla.

Last edited:
Yes, my entire family is insane.

I'm sure most people who buy them did so because they are cute, but you can really apply that to any car on the market. The average person doesn't give a fuck about horsepower and power to weight ratios and shit like that. My mother will go to a lot and buy the first car she drives if it is the right color. My car came off the lot so my grandma probably bought it because it was yellow. :lmao:
She managed to hit a fire station then backed into a parked firetruck once... not exactly much of a driver.

I am sure you are right though, the majority of the owners biggest buying point for a beetle was a toyota was too boring... hell a golf or jetta probably was too. They bought it because it makes you happy like a puppy. The majority of the owners I have talked to are rather crazy though.

I like it. Why do i like it? I actually think it looks good? Something's wrong when a beetle looks masculine-ish. Good thing the production cars will be boring.

Hilariously the people on the new beetle fan site are more critical of it than final gear is. :lol:

I don't like VW, I don't like Porsche, I hate the Beetle. I like this. I think it looks good inside and out, I like the engine options, I have no real problems with it. Those retro wheels are awesome.

I am rather annoyed at VW, which is why I am SO ANGRY that I am going to end up wasting all my money on this. :cry:
I estimate the fast one will cost around 25k making it more expensive then the expensive things I shouldn't buy, and I will probably buy it anyway. Because I am stupid and brainwashed.

No car deserves to be poo coloured.....

Uhm, the pictures of the car in the first post looks like crap, but the official version looks kinda cool. What gives? Different car?

Those pseudo-retro wheels look terrible. It would look better with steelies equipped with old fashioned hub caps and chrome rim bezels.

That color in that shape looks like someone needs more fiber in his diet.