Portal 2 [Contains spoilers, you've been warned!]

Does anyone know at what number of potatoes did the "starch-based power cells" get engaged?

It might've been 500k exactly, wasn't any more.

At this speed it's still going to take 10 hours for the spud count to reach 0 unfortunately.

Edit: Audiosurf just completed, knocked around an hour off.

Last edited:
Resolution: 1920x1200
Antialiasing: 16x CSAA
Anisotropic Filtering: 16x
Framerate: over 100 without vert sync
Vert sync: triple buffer.

Playing the sequel to portal 2 and losing track of time space and everything else: priceless

So in reality it was barely any earlier than the official release? It was a good gimmick though. Now I just have another 12 hours to wait before I can play it. :roll:

Just a request, surround any spoilers with spoiler tags for the first week. Some of us have to wait until next week to play (finals at uni suck). Thanks.

Oh my god, so much fun! I have to stop, otherwise I won't get any sleep and will be late for work tomorrow. :lol:

Why does this fucking game have to be released when I got exams and have to run the whole house as both parents are ill :( :( :(

Stopped at
Wheatley's 5th test
. This is a great sequel

So in reality it was barely any earlier than the official release? It was a good gimmick though. Now I just have another 12 hours to wait before I can play it. :roll:

I have a theory, the games weren't even linked to the countdown. The early time was always going to be that time.

I have a theory, the games weren't even linked to the countdown. The early time was always going to be that time.

Or at least the number of people playing the games weren't linked to the individual progress bars. Each game did knock time off, but that could've easily been calculated to equal out to a pre-determined amount. It was a nice way of building up to the launch anyway. :)

Guess who volunteered to stay late at work two weeks ago, before pre-ordering the game?

\o/

just finished it. Funny as hell. Felt a little short but maybe that's just me being excessive.
I felt the some tests were harder in the first part but it definitely delivered on the humour front. And a really fun and creative ending as well!

Edit: forgot some stuff.
Epic voice acting!
They managed to make the new test elements pretty intuitive!

Edit2: this is pretty much spot on: http://de.ign.com/articles/reviews/8550/Portal-2-Test

Last edited: