Random Thoughts....

stupid vending machine...i'm hungry..give me food!

Considering what happened to the last car with "DERP" plates. I'd consider it unwise.

same for "FA11LL" now that I think about it

I just looked on the RTA site to see if I can get FA11LL. Apparently it's taken, but I can get FA11IL. Choices, choices :lol:

I think I should have "Coco" plates.

I need to find this other coco and kill him/her/it. Err, steal their plates. There can be only one!

(Some variation of "Moo" might be a possibility, too.)

ETA: http://www.myplates.com/register/freebirds

:motherofgod:

I like burritos, but damn. I'm not sure I like burritos that much.

Last edited:
Hey, Coco, what about PFALMP?

Why does the skype site think I want Japanese.... it even showed up with Japanese with a "&lang-en-us" or however it actually looks in the url. :/ (though I did fix it with changing a ja to an en)

edit: fix is a strong word...

I hate when Google defaults to Chinese when I'm in Hong Kong even though I'm logged in.

It's been almost two decades since Jurassic Park opened, and I still size up buildings for their potential as shelter against Velociraptor attacks.

It's been almost two decades since Jurassic Park opened, and I still size up buildings for their potential as shelter against Velociraptor attacks.

It's only been five years since that particular xkcd came out, so that might explain it. :p

And it's been 17 years since Spielberg lied to us. Those dinos were called Deinonychus. The Velociraptors, while sporting a cooler name, were much smaller.

And it's been 17 years since Spielberg lied to us. Those dinos were called Deinonychus. The Velociraptors, while sporting a cooler name, were much smaller.

you mean a hollywood movie wasn't being completely accurate?!

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/04/21/forealz.jpg

you mean a hollywood movie wasn't being completely accurate?!

Did this get a mention here today? :blink:

BBC News - How close were the Terminator films to the reality of 2011?
BBC News said:
The date 21 April 2011 has been prophesied in the Terminator series as Judgement Day, when the machines rise up and bring about the end of human society as we know it.

Artificial intelligence clearly has not developed in quite the way James Cameron's science-fiction franchise predicted, but how close are we to the technologies he depicted?

Central to the Terminator series is the idea of Skynet, the United States's "Global Digital Defense Network", which develops self-awareness and begins a nuclear war.

Western military forces have long relied on networks to distribute information, such as the US Department of Defense's system for sharing top-secret information - the Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System.

Yet despite the vast amounts of confidential data stored on such networks, the greatest military disaster to have occurred to date is probably Wikileaks's release of diplomatic cables.

click link for more

This was on the BBC News here tonight, I don't recall the date in the movie, so I'll take their word for it. :lol:

Ever read the book? It spoke of Deinonychus. It also mentioned a few other things left out of the movie(s). Good read though, I recommend the books, lots of extra suspense.