House M.D (Spoilers are possible)

I agree, it's not as good as the first couple of seasons were, which is normal I guess. But it's still better than 99% of the crap that's on television and some parts are still funny and intriguing.
For example, I really liked "Larger Than Life".

Lisa Edelstein won't be returning to House for its Eighth Season

House fandom, brace for impact: Dr. Cuddy is checking out.

Lisa Edelstein ? whose long-term contract expires this month ? has opted not to return for the show?s eighth and likely final season.

In a statement, the actress says, ?After much consideration, I am moving onward with a combination of disappointment at leaving behind a character I have loved playing for seven years and excitement of the new opportunities in acting and producing that lie ahead.?

Fox and NBC Universal declined to comment.

Back in March ? when the future of House itself was up in the air ? Edelstein told TVLine, ?Nobody at work seems to think it won?t [return]. Everybody wants to come to a deal, and I certainly am looking forward to a Season 8.?

In an interview last week with BlogCritics.org, exec producer Katie Jacobs said she would ?not rest? until Edelstein was on board for an eighth season. ?Lisa is such a valuable member [of the cast],? she said. ?I challenge any other actress on TV to do what she does seemingly effortlessly. She goes between drama, comedy, intelligence, sex appeal? It?s certainly not my plan or David?s plan or the creative team?s plan to not have Lisa in the show.?

There?s talk Edelstein was a victim of belt-tightening at the show. In the aforementioned interview, Jacobs acknowledged that, ?For seven seasons we managed to avoid getting the phone call to make cuts in our budget. But now we?re getting that call.? Perhaps she rejected a low-ball offer ? hence her disappointment?

Earlier this month, Edelstein?s costars Robert Sean Leonard and Omar Epps inked new deals to return to the show. Hugh Laurie, Olivia Wilde and Peter Jacobson were already contracted for the recrently-greenlit Season 8, leaving Jesse Spencer as the only remaining question mark.

The news comes a week before the show?s current season ? arguably Edelstein?s meatiest yet ? comes to a close. It?s unclear if the finale sets the stage for a possible Cuddy departure, but that seems highly unlikely.

Source

House's self surgery was painful to watch. I actually thought it was the season finale and would've been quite happy had it been so. I enjoyed Chase and 13's storyline the best, it was for me definitely the strongest of the three arcs. Overall an incredible episode rounded off nicely with a scene at the end showing everyone arriving at work the next morning like it was normal that put things into perspective.

WOW what an finale for season 7!!! :bow:

The "Huddy" crap is finally over it seems! It really ruined most of the Season 7 for me.

Cant wait for season 8!

Not really sure where this episode was trying to go, started off gloomy so I thought it was going to be a dark episode especially considering what came before but I guess not. I am yet to make sense of the episode yet, so for now, I still think last weeks' was better.

I don't know why, but I didn't really like this episode. It left me with a "here we go again with this crap" more than ever before. Basically felt like just recycled stuff.

I feel like every new episode is significantly more ridiculous and stupid than the previous. I know, the old problem of "what else can we do?!" that comes with a show that's been running for so long...