Best Android apps

PowerAmp does as well.

I dont really like the sound quality of poweramp. sounds very muddy no matter what settings i use. the stock galaxy S player sounds best among all ive tried. (I plug my phone into my logitech z-2300thx speakers)

Sounds perfectly all right to me. Unless you turn on the EQ, it uses the stock settings.

Do you have Voodoo sound on it? it helped a bit on my Captivate.

Do you have Voodoo sound on it? it helped a bit on my Captivate.

yep with latest voodoo sound. im on darky :) with the stock headset it sound alright but when you plug it into more expensive speakers the difference really shows. dunno, maybe my ears are different? :p

No, it had worse sound quality than the N1 with CM7, and the Inspire is also better with the help of the SRS enhancements.

It's been on the market a while, but theres a shameless Chu Chu Rocket clone, Shoko Rocket.

Plants vs. Zombies free today on Amazon App Store! Refuses to download without wifi.... I got an unlimited plan and I want to use it dammit.

<--- has downloaded 720p TV shows over 3G

Sand Game is a pretty good chillout game. you get to make rain and fire with terrible phisics but its part of the charm i suppose.

Jenga game, made with the guy who invented Jenga. It's actually not bad. .apk

Plants vs. Zombies free today on Amazon App Store! Refuses to download without wifi.... I got an unlimited plan and I want to use it dammit.

<--- has downloaded 720p TV shows over 3G

It's worth mentioning that this refuses to run on my phone, it also ends all other tasks including the launcher so I'm guessing lack of memory. Amazon lists it as compatible!

Not showing up on Market. Ah, Amazon has it. Unfortunately I'm not about to pay money for something that most likely will not run well on my phone.

Market link is in the picture.

You could always pirate a copy to see if your Hero can run it before shelling out the bucks, you wouldn't be hurting anyone.

Market link is in the picture.

You could always pirate a copy to see if your Hero can run it before shelling out the bucks, you wouldn't be hurting anyone.

This is exactly what I am in the process of doing. It's not a good sign that it's not in my Market though, since it's filtered by device type and screen size and such.

I'm shocked that the Droid 1 isn't compatible with Plants vs Zombies. :(

Further proof that I need to upgrade :p

Anybody got any experience with Honeycomb yet? I'm currently deciding whether to get an EeePad Transformer, I played around with one in a store today and like the device a lot; but I'm not sure the platform will already do what I want from it.

I know there are a lot of ebook apps, that should be covered. What I'm more interested in though are two things: video playback (and possibly streaming), and RSS feeds (Google Reader). Google has a native Reader app for Android phones, but it's not ported to Honeycomb UI so far, afaik; are there any comparable apps out there? And for video playback, I haven't been able to even properly play Futurama on my HTC Desire with any of the apps I tried, which is annoying; is Honeycomb any different there?

The worst thing is probably that all this thinking is almost making the basic iPad 2 look quite good to me... it's got VLC for all video demands, iBooks is quite good, and Reeder is a very good Google Reader app. Also, has Skype got video calls on Android yet?

How does VLC work on iPad? Rather, how do you get the videos onto it? I understood you had to sync and convert through iTunes which means you'd just end up using the built in player.

Sorry to not be helpful but this is why I went with a Windows tablet, does whatever the hell I want it to.