Random Thoughts....

While I do not take issue with your accent (firmly in the "it's cute" camp), you're compounding the issue by using names that none of us are familiar with :p

Am sorry 'ave getten a bit of a one track mind when it comes to this.

Me an me family breed sheep. Not just any sheep though, we breed rare Dutch Zwartbles. Vladimir is my Tup an he's the daddy of all the lambs we have. We've barely had him 2 years an he's still got plenty of work in him for the next few years too, we just have to sell his lambs before he goes weird an' tries shagging them. o_O Inbreeding an all that, not good. An' the money made from those lambs can go toward buying in new ewes so we can have more babies next year. :)

But for some reason, me father's getten it in to his head that he wants a Texel (different sheep breed) to cross with our Zwartble ewes we already have. Which to me an me mam is stupid because cross breeds like that have no value except for meat. I mean the reason why we got 'em all in the first place was to breed Zwartbles. Kenny, who is a sort of family friend is actually taking MY Vladimir to market on Thursday which is what I'm not happy about 'cause me father had told me NOTHING an' knowing him as well as I do; he wouldn't have told me till after he'd been sold. Thankfully me mam actually told me this morning that me father had a talk with her this morning about it.

And Kenny himself actually breeds Texels. So I'm wondering if Kenny has maybe influenced me father in some way, 'cause me father is dead gullible an' he WILL do anything no matter how ridiculous or stupid it is if he reckons he's gonna mek a profit. Which he won't. An he won't listen to me or me mam 'cause we are stupid women who don't know no different. Am just about sick of all his lies an faffing about behind mine an' me mams backs.

As for Ranch Dressing, I've seen this stuff in Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsbury's here in Ukania. I may purchase some soon and feedback on how it compares to what I've had in the Yewessuvay!

074601.jpg

For all of you UKanians (and others living in strange places without ranch dressing), this is actually a pretty good recipe for home-made ranch dressing without all the preservatives, chemicals, etc they put in the commercially made stuff.

Am sorry 'ave getten a bit of a one track mind when it comes to this.

Me an me family breed sheep. Not just any sheep though, we breed rare Dutch Zwartbles. Vladimir is my Tup an he's the daddy of all the lambs we have. We've barely had him 2 years an he's still got plenty of work in him for the next few years too, we just have to sell his lambs before he goes weird an' tries shagging them. o_O Inbreeding an all that, not good. An' the money made from those lambs can go toward buying in new ewes so we can have more babies next year. :)

But for some reason, me father's getten it in to his head that he wants a Texel (different sheep breed) to cross with our Zwartble ewes we already have. Which to me an me mam is stupid because cross breeds like that have no value except for meat. I mean the reason why we got 'em all in the first place was to breed Zwartbles. Kenny, who is a sort of family friend is actually taking MY Vladimir to market on Thursday which is what I'm not happy about 'cause me father had told me NOTHING an' knowing him as well as I do; he wouldn't have told me till after he'd been sold. Thankfully me mam actually told me this morning that me father had a talk with her this morning about it.

And Kenny himself actually breeds Texels. So I'm wondering if Kenny has maybe influenced me father in some way, 'cause me father is dead gullible an' he WILL do anything no matter how ridiculous or stupid it is if he reckons he's gonna mek a profit. Which he won't. An he won't listen to me or me mam 'cause we are stupid women who don't know no different. Am just about sick of all his lies an faffing about behind mine an' me mams backs.

Have you considered the joys of a properly applied cattle prod?

is there nothing that you can do? stick your feet in the ground and say no. at least not saying "you take my Vlad and i'll take your arms and legs." surely you have some right and he should at the very least listen to both you and your mam. it sounds a bit pig-headed to just do things his way. not that i want to cast dispersions against your father. just doesn't seem right.

So I get censured at home, I get censured at work

and then I talk to the post-doc that works with my boss, and he's like 'Wow rofl, he's wrong, you need to get out of here while you still can".

I was like "lolwut" but he's absolutely right. If you're not happy with doing something you should get out when you can, but do a good job and finish the work that you're given at present.

Sigh.

:lol: you don't have to +rep me for that if you didn't want to.
It's not much of a joke if I don't :D

You can just reply and go "+1" or "<beer image>" or "Here have $5000" and then actually send me $5000.

But you don't have to.

But it would be nice, you know... karma and all that.
Mmmm... chicken karma... :drool:

Chestwig, why you no give me $5000

is there nothing that you can do? stick your feet in the ground and say no. at least not saying "you take my Vlad and i'll take your arms and legs." surely you have some right and he should at the very least listen to both you and your mam. it sounds a bit pig-headed to just do things his way. not that i want to cast dispersions against your father. just doesn't seem right.

Cast as many as you like luv 'cause right now I couldn't give a flying-fuck. More recently he's turned into the most arrogant, vindictive, petty, cantankerous old bastard you could ever imagine an' that is actually starting to make me resent him.

I can't really do anything. I really can't. I have no say in this family at all. Bastard even give away my Jack Russel years ago because he didn't like it. He won't let me an me mam have another dog but he's allowed 3 of 'em. o_O

EDIT:
Have you considered the joys of a properly applied cattle prod?

Illegal in this country. o_O

Last edited:
Cast as many as you like luv 'cause right now I couldn't give a flying-fuck. More recently he's turned into the most arrogant, vindictive, petty, cantankerous old bastard you could ever imagine an' that is actually starting to make me resent him.

I can't really do anything. I really can't. I have no say in this family at all. Bastard even give away my Jack Russel years ago because he didn't like it. He won't let me an me mam have another dog but he's allowed 3 of 'em. o_O

EDIT:

Illegal in this country. o_O

might be illegal but he'd probably learn his lesson.

from the way you've described him and from previous times it sounds like he's one of those people who believes that the father is the spokesman and lawman for the family. both of you should be allowed your fair say in how things are run. his shotgun approach to things will only get him so far and from the sounds of it, you're reaching the end of your tether. sounds like he needs reminding who wields the real power and that both you and your mam should be allowed to have your say.

bloody hell, just noticed i'm saying your mam now... damn you shirahime!

it may be a case of my next post reading "this post will be delayed due to shirahime infecting jedd's brain."

might be illegal but he'd probably learn his lesson.

from the way you've described him and from previous times it sounds like he's one of those people who believes that the father is the spokesman and lawman for the family. both of you should be allowed your fair say in how things are run. his shotgun approach to things will only get him so far and from the sounds of it, you're reaching the end of your tether. sounds like he needs reminding who wields the real power and that both you and your mam should be allowed to have your say.

bloody hell, just noticed i'm saying your mam now... damn you shirahime!

it may be a case of my next post reading "this post will be delayed due to shirahime infecting jedd's brain."

See? Lancastrian is contagious. :p

I doubt me or me mam can do anything in regards to me father. It's always been his way or't th'highway. I even blame him for me having no education an' even, no friends. Me mam doesn't have any friends either. Soon as we'd get seccled in one place he'd take a dislike to his job an boss then just up an leave. I've been in 13 different schools in a decade up an down this country.

Am just gonna end up buggering off one day an' end up coming back with a new kitten an a Corgi puppy. :)

Am just gonna end up buggering off one day an' end up coming back with a new kitten an a Corgi puppy. :)

You're 24. Why don't you just bugger off, live your life and only come back once in a while to visit your mum?

You're 24. Why don't you just bugger off, live your life and only come back once in a while to visit your mum?

We all work together an' live where we work too. I have very little money. I did live in Edinburgh for two years a while back but I went a bit wrong int th'head an' became incredibly ill so I had to move back for those reasons. Buggering off completely isn't an option for me due to that and other reasons I don't wanna go into.

I'm shocked...I emailed a "famous" person and got a reply back nearly instantaneously!

Who dawg?

I am currently in Agusta, Georgia and am about to embark on a road trip through the heart of the Bible Belt in two bright blue imported sports cars.

We are pilgrims in an unholy land.

On the up side I might finally get some descent biscuits and gravy, if I don't get stoned to death or shot first.

Last edited: