Fabi's Golf Mk-5

Fabi

Car(s)
VW Golf MKV 2.0 FSI
Hello Finalgear.

Since today I own my first self-bought-and-paid car :cool:

Before of this Golf I had an Toyota Auris with the 1.4 liter petrol engine, too slow for moving arround quickly.

After searching for a long time and thinking what might be a nice car, I came as ca. 28milions of people on the idea of buying a Volkswagen Golf. Nice car, not too big and there you go. The epqiptmentquestion was quite improtant to me , on the Auris I have several things like an auto air condition , several airbags (could never count them, they were really good hidden...) :rolleyes: and I wanted to have a car with more than 120 PS. In my budget there wasnt a really big choise. But I found one soon, which I ppb could like :

2.0 FSI Sportline 5dr
Black / Interior black , too
Sat-nav with DVD , Xenon headlights , Parkingaid, dark windows, well its got really a lot , so I'd rather go and tell you what it hasnt got :

- Sunroof
- Foglights
- Leatherseats
- DSG Gearbox

For a Golf in the Class for under 15k? its qute well epqiped, it has arround 57kkm, and a new service.

Well , today I went on to buy it. Now its standing infront of our house. Lovely car. :D
I know, that a Golf istn an Alfa 8C , a big heavy truck or some other great vehicle , but for me its really lovely. Its the first car I own having a 6-speed gearbox, the first car making me feel happy while driving. :blink:

If you really have read all this stuff I just wrote , you'll want to see pictures :D
Outside
p1020965bs1v.jpg

Interior
p1020961ztef.jpg

Console
p1020938rrzb.jpg

The Engine...
p10209415q0f.jpg

It's mine! Sorry for my bad font, had to paint it on that yellow piece of paper..:?
p1020950bt2k.jpg

Greetz

Nice car! Looks good with those alloys, and nice sat nav unit. My mum looked at one when we were buying a new car, but it was only a 1.6 Trendline with no options and it was the same price as a 1.8 Astra with leather, alloys, etc. that she ended up buying.

Whats the mpg or rather the l/100km you get from it?
Got a GTi and I'd like to know what kind of premium I pay for the Turbo...

Nice Golf, the only thing I hate about it is the steering wheel, so ugly. When comparing this Golf with the Toyota Auris, wich one is better in terms of handling, comfort and interior materials and building quality? Because I've been inside an Auris and the dashboard looked and felt cheaper and badly built, with lots of hard plastic.

Whats the mpg or rather the l/100km you get from it?
Got a GTi and I'd like to know what kind of premium I pay for the Turbo...
After driving only around 300km with it , I calculated 8,8l/100km , but I am recommented to use 98ROZ Fuel. The GTI has the same engine but with turbocharger, hasnt it?
That's a fine looking Golf there. I like the alloys and proper gearbox :thumbsup:

I like the alloys too, if I'm honest. Looking for a second set to have them as Wintertires, altough they are only 16", they look bigger. The ways of the Gearbox could be shorter.

Greetz

^ I'm advised to use Super Plus as well, but it runs just fine on Super, according to the manual.
I do 9,3 l/100km, so the premium on it isn't all that much...

Great purchase. I have always liked the vw golf since the mk1.

May be Time for sort-of an update after one year:

The car is still mine (unlike the Dacia) , it runs great, handles well... just like a proper car should do.
There is only one problem : Germany doesn't like my car anymore:

We've got a new type of fuel here called 'Super E10' which contains 10% of Bio-Ethanol in it. They say its good for the envoirement, but in fact its only a reason to raise fuelprices.

Luckily 90% of all cars can be driven on that fuel...... guess which can't?

Correct, the hyper-modern-FSI-Engines ... thats why I have to pay ~1,70? for a Liter of Super Plus and I can't see the point of keeping this car :'( It looks like I'll have to buy a diesel-powered car again, cheeper to run, you know :(
After some weeks of looking for one, i can tell you that there are few nicely equiped dieselcars with low mileage , and if there is one you can't pay the price :mad:

Geetz

Ouch, that sucks. I know the whole ethanol bullcrap is worrying me too, I doubt my Si could run on it either, without destroying the motor anyway. Shame. :(

Never seen such a well-equipped Golf, nice!

What kind of numbers does your engine put out? Here they sell the Golf with the 2.5 NA engine putting out 170hp, which is kind of funny since the GTI is only 2.0 (I know, turbos - spare me the lesson).

There is only one problem : Germany doesn't like my car anymore:

We've got a new type of fuel here called 'Super E10' which contains 10% of Bio-Ethanol in it. They say its good for the envoirement, but in fact its only a reason to raise fuelprices.

Luckily 90% of all cars can be driven on that fuel...... guess which can't?

Correct, the hyper-modern-FSI-Engines ...

That's odd, VW says any Golf 2.0 produced after week 22 in 2004 is E10-capable. Yours is a 2007, no?

http://www.volkswagen.de/content/me.../renditions/rendition.file/e10_vw_zeichen.pdf

Shawn: 110kW/150PS/200Nm.

Last edited:
Why in hell buy a petrol Golf, when a 1.9 TDI Highline is pretty much all the car you'll ever need (albeit boring). Try to trade it in for the 1.9 oil burner and live happily ever after.

Why in hell buy a petrol Golf, when a 1.9 TDI Highline is pretty much all the car you'll ever need (albeit boring). Try to trade it in for the 1.9 oil burner and live happily ever after.

Let's see ... equivalent Diesel models are more expensive to buy, more expensive to insure, more expensive to tax than petrol models. The most powerful Golf V 1.9 TDI is 45hp down on his car. The difference in fuel prices has almost disappeared.

In Germany, perhaps. Here though diesel is still cheaper than petrol. And he just said that the price of petrol is too much for him. And I'm sure that the TDI will go past many more petrol stations than the FSI.

Ouch, that sucks. I know the whole ethanol bullcrap is worrying me too, I doubt my Si could run on it either, without destroying the motor anyway. Shame. :(

Almost all gas is E10 around here. Never heard of a car (available in the US) that outright can't run on it, though it can cause increased wear.

Almost all gas is E10 around here. Never heard of a car (available in the US) that outright can't run on it, though it can cause increased wear.

I was thinking more of that proposal to increase the amount of ethanol in gas to more than whatever it currently is. It's being opposed, which is good.

In Germany, perhaps. Here though diesel is still cheaper than petrol. And he just said that the price of petrol is too much for him. And I'm sure that the TDI will go past many more petrol stations than the FSI.

He is in Germany after all.
Average Shell 95 price in March was 1.52?/l, 1.44?/l for Diesel - less than 6% more. Not too long ago it was 1.4?/l vs 1.2?/l - almost 17% more.
The price of petrol is extra-high because weirdly he is filling up with 98 instead of 95, without needing the higher octane rating.
The 1.9 TDI will indeed go past many more petrol stations, however that's not comparable to the 2.0 FSI - roughly 50% more power. The 2.0 TDI with 10hp less and more weight than the 2.0 FSI was 1450? more to buy back then - to save that, 175?/year more taxes, and some more insurance in fuel you'll have to drive an awful lot.

VW says his car can run on E10.