2011 Formula 1 DHL Turkish Grand Prix

Please let it rain tomorrow (or Rosberg jumps both Bulls in the beginning)...

big balls from red bull not making a second run?

Good observation of the competition probably. Also, no point in wasting a set of softs to be ahead by one spot on the grid as shown by Webber last time around. The sweet spot appears to be get to Q3 on hards, do one stonking lap in Q3 wrecking the softs, see how far up you start, run away with an extra set of fresh rubber.

I think it means DRS paddle. Merc has 3rd paddle for DRS.

From what the guys could find out, it's either a button that automatically sets a number of settings (diff setting, throttle map, brake balance) with one hit instead of individually hitting all the knobs, might be useful for such a specific corner as turn 8, or it's a thingy that forces DRS to stay open even if the driver hits the brakes.

Massa never went out on Q3. Probably saving tires for the race.

He did, but he made some big mistake and decided not to end his lap. And because of using softs in Q1 he had only one run in Q3.

Massa said:
I did not manage to get a clean lap in Q3 after I made a significant mistake at Turn 9, when I ended up going off line: we therefore decided it was better to pit and save that set of tyres for the start.

I think it means DRS paddle. Merc has 3rd paddle for DRS.

Don't Merc have 3rd pedal (not paddle) for DRS?

Oh and what RBR did was just funny. "Second run is for pussies." :lol:

Hoping for rain tomorrow. Forecast says different though.

That's pure confidence in the machinery and the driver(s) for you..

Anyways I'd like to see a nice fight at the start, but suspect the RBR's will pull away again, Vettel in particular. Just...I hope VET/WEB don't crash into each other again, I want nice clean passing dammit!

That's pure confidence in the machinery and the driver(s) for you..

Anyways I'd like to see a nice fight at the start, but suspect the RBR's will pull away again, Vettel in particular. Just...I hope VET/WEB don't crash into each other again, I want nice clean passing dammit!

I hope everybody crashes except webber :rolleyes:

RBR just showed thier &^%$, im a VMM fan but i think that was great. Im on board for ROS to get the RBR's in turn 1.

How about Lotus! almost made it, i think they will be in Q2 next race

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes.

im a VMM fan but i think that was great

In what world was that great? We burned through two sets of softs and only qualified 4th and 6th. Red Bull demonstrated their obvious, clear superiority by sitting out the final part of the session!

what did eddy jordan just say? they can't use KERS under 100kmh? is that a technical limitation or stated in the rules?
(if rules, what was the rumour of red bull having a start-only KERS a few races ago all about?)

what did eddy jordan just say? they can't use KERS under 100kmh? is that a technical limitation or stated in the rules?
(if rules, what was the rumour of red bull having a start-only KERS a few races ago all about?)

Over 100kph they aren't grip-limited, underneath that they would get a sudden burst of power that gets wasted with wheelspin. It's not that they are forbidden to use it, it's just that they would waste it.

Brundle makes the preshow.

Vettel did you see that? Button and Lewis racing each other and they didn't crash into one another. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Schumacher

What are you doing mate? Poor show from him. He got absolutely bum rushed by the force india boys.

Why the hell say 'VMM'? :blink:

Renault started that nonsense claiming they're Lotus by always stating 'LRGP'...

Wow the last 2 races have being unbelievable, thank you Pirelli.

Well done to Vettel, Mark and to Alonso.

DRS was fun down the back straight :)

Great drives by Kobayashi, Buemi and obviously Vettel... Also Alonso, pushing the car beyond the potential

Massa, no comment really. He is running out of excuses in my book.