Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Just run away. Think about it. There's a reason it's been on that lot for 2 years. I'd carefully look over anything else there that might catch your eye as well.

Yep, it's really annoying that it has such issues.

Yeah, that's seriously weird. My 17-year-old 850 that spent most of its life in New York doesn't have any rust at all. I can't see how a much younger V70 will be that rusty...unless it has been flooded and left in water for years.

It's spent it's entire life in the northern plains where salt is used on the roads 8 out of the 12 months so that could be part of it.

Seriously, rust on a V70? They don't rust even here.

Americans like to ruin everything.

<Deadpan>

what?
</deadpan>

There's a 1995 Jaguar XJ12 with a busted front end for sale around here, and the owner knows it's going to take a mint to repair. Anyone need a 6.0 L V-12 for a project?

http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/2351191052.html

If I could find 1) an XK8 with a dying drivetrain and 2)enough cash for that, the 12, and a Driven Man manual conversion, the ultimate Jaguar grand tourer would be on its way to reality.

There's a 1995 Jaguar XJ12 with a busted front end for sale around here, and the owner knows it's going to take a mint to repair. Anyone need a 6.0 L V-12 for a project?

http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/2351191052.html

If I could find 1) an XK8 with a dying drivetrain and 2)enough cash for that, the 12, and a Driven Man manual conversion, the ultimate Jaguar grand tourer would be on its way to reality.

Hmmm. Wonder how badly beat up the nose is...

Is there a new facelifted VW Eos out? A few weeks ago I saw what appeared to be an Eos with the front off a new Jetta, so I assumed it was a new model that they have just been quiet about releasing. But it's not on the VW website, have I seen some pre-release version getting around? :dunno:

Edit: just had a look, there is a new Eos but it's not due for release until October apparently. This makes 2 pre release VWs I've seen on the road, the other being the Amarok about a month before its on-sale date.

Last edited:
Oh wooooow. I really wish I could have gotten a picture of it, but I just saw a pretty interesting expensive sports car drive away from getting a speeding ticket by the CHP. In town. It had an interesting custom license plate set though (surprisingly front and back). The major thing that made it peculiar is because the CHP officer pulled him off the streets onto a driveway at my school. :|

Another note... Why are there so many CHP driving around in town this week. I saw like 8 of them in 5 minutes yesterday. Is there a car show of some sort? I should look it up.

Last edited:
Dropped the Mitsu off at the shop, it'll get new tie rod ends. Alignment has to be done at a separate garage, but handily that's across the street from the MoT station. Interesting to see which day I get it back and can have it inspected.

You've clearly never bought flowers for a woman.
I was concidering buying mother some for mothers day but then I remembered I do not know how to pick out flowers.
She asked me what I was going to do when I had a yard of my own and on the way home I pointed to an example of a stingray parked in someone yard. THIS IS CLEARLY THE SOLUTION. If I need flowers I'll buy a old hippy VW bus body, bonus points for being usable as a shed.

There go my kat lesbian fantasies. :(

Thank god I am not, I don't even do well with befriending girls unless they fail at being a girl as much as me! :lol:

I've pretty much determined that I need a sunroof on my next car. :)

I also saw a Malibu Maxx today...such an underrated car.

$4.25/gallon. Up from $4.01 yesterday. The local Exxtortion station is the only gas station for 15 miles on the Interstate, or 30 on the back roads. He's normally about 25 cents above the national average, because he's a god damned prick and has a captive market. Naturally, this didn't seem to affect the traffic through there.

Also, $5/gallon for premium. I really wish I had a camera that worked. Presumably his single diesel pump (which ALWAYS has some landscaping or utility company truck parked at it) costs untold riches.

Last edited:
I've pretty much determined that I need a sunroof on my next car. :)
Since you like crap cars I suggest you include a tarp with that purchase or murphy's law of build quality will fuck you over.
$4.25/gallon. Up from $4.01 yesterday. The local Exxtortion station is the only gas station for 15 miles on the Interstate, or 30 on the back roads. He's normally about 25 cents above the national average, because he's a god damned prick and has a captive market. Naturally, this didn't seem to affect the traffic through there.
Oddly it actually went down here.

By 2?...

Since you like crap cars I suggest you include a tarp with that purchase or murphy's law of build quality will fuck you over.

Hahah that's like a curse lol.

I get to go drive a bunch of Porsches at an autocross tomorrow. Yay.

Bad part: gotta get up at 5.