Brink

JohnnyRacer

Anyone else going to get this? I pre-loaded it on Steam a bit ago. It looks really fun! Has kind of a Team Fortress thing going on. It also has a massive amount of character customization.

www.brinkthegame.com

Last edited:
I'm thinking about it. I've been reading up on it and it looks pretty interesting to me. I'll have to see about that though since I feel obligated to buy Legend of Zelda: OoT 3D.

It's about the only shooting game that looks interesting to me (and really ever has).

$50 isn't too bad I think though.

It looks interesting for sure, I'd love to demo it when it comes out.

What is this Zelda you speak of? It sounds to me like you're suggesting an official, graphically updated/enhanced, PC version of OoT, I may explode.

The new OoT is for the 3DS, unfortunately for many. (I have one, so errrrrrr yeah I might as well take advantage. @_@)

I already spent $30 buying Dragon Quest V yesterday, and then $40 for OoT? Oof, leaves not a lot of room for buying another game for a bit. (considering I also bought Rift back in March with a 6 month sub too.)

But I like what I'm seeing. I really like the SMART button idea so you can navigate around maps much easier. That's what I've hated about some shooting games is that it can be hard to navigate around maps sometimes.

I hate to wander further off topic, but do you still play Rift? I was hoping to get back into RPGing with it, but it's not doing much for me.

(Yes I do. I play on Shadefallen (I think that's what it is called, it's near the bottom of the list, (PVE-RP, but I don't do the RP part) so if you want to get a real good experience you have to play on a higher population server. I'm only on there because my friends play on there.)

Oh nice, Brink tv. That will be probably something pretty interesting to see and maybe get some ideas for game play styles and what to do. =O

I've seen the tv ads that are currently running for it. Don't think i'll make a actual decision about it until I've seen some actual gameplay footage.

The full trailer looks a lot better:

[video=youtube;s-kVnw4RA80]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-kVnw4RA80[/video]

Then you have videos explaining how everything works:

[video=youtube;9Hj5f8-wNPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hj5f8-wNPA[/video]

and objectives:

[video=youtube;DvhX-I0I-2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvhX-I0I-2k[/video]

I'm so confused. I was up until 4:00am playing this. I really love it. Great customization, great graphics, and lots of fun with friends.

Here is where I'm confused, it seems the reviewers hate it. IGN gave it a 6 out of 10. G4 gave it a 2 out of 5. They say it's repetitive. But arent ALL shooters that way? Plus they reviewed the 360 version. I have the PC version. I wonder if that has something to do with it?

It seems most people in the comments are telling them they are wrong also. It seems this is going the way of movie reviews. It will be critically panned, but people really enjoy it. Interesting.

Hurm, that is weird. I always thought ratings were bought anyway. What does Metacritic say? That's usually a good sense...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/brink

Oh it says 72. Odd. And yeah, aren't shooting games supposed to be repetitive... Shoot down the opposition?

So what rating did they give all the CoD games?

IGN

Modern Warfare: 9.4
Modern Warfare 2: 9.5
Black Ops 8.5

I have run into a graphical problem with Brink . My screen gets this funky blue tint to it. It does make the game unplayable. I looked on the forums and I'm not the only one. I'm not losing my mind over it, like some on there forums are. One kid even threatened to sue. :lol: I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Last edited:
Try turnin down your graphical acceleration level in the advanced portion of the display options in your control panel.

Gametrailers gave it a fairly good knock with a 7.9. They may have some console bias but they don't ever seem to be paid off by anyone with anomalous scores.

Hurm, I dunno. I mean, the Gametrailers score is alright, I wouldn't call that a totally terrible score (just not as good as CoD for whatever reasons).

I think there should be more time to let it settle down, usually initial scores are kind of limited and so forth. Kind of conflicting though.

edit: Uhm, so there are some LP's out for it. I'm watching a couple from some not-so-obnoxious people right now. It seems interesting. The first video was just full of cut scenes and customization though (and he didn't do that much customization).
I'll consider it from what I see I think.

Last edited:
whats the best version of Brink to get on? not sure if i should get it on the Xbox or the PC. watched the videos and definately planning on getting it.