UFC/Strikeforce/MMA 2011

Yeah he took Gregard down over and over, but A: he couldn't keep him down and B: he wasn't able to do anything while he had him down. If he was throwing punches or looking for a submission, that's one thing, but he just held on for dear life. While the fight showed just how incomplete both fighters are, I can see Keith getting another chance on a Strikeforce card.

I think Mousasi's hype train was derailed last year when Mo gave him a 25 minute lesson in NCAA Div 1 wrestling, the fight on saturday just proved that he didn't learn anything from that fight and needs to make some serious changes if he ever wants to be a serious contender here. Like I said before, when a guy with no ground game to speak of can put you on your ass again and again, you need to realize that it's only going to get harder from here on out. If he was in the UFC right now guys like Jones, Evans, and Bader would mop the floor with him because when they go to the ground, they actually know what to do and have many ways of beating you.

My picks for UFC 129.

GSP. I just don't see this going any other way than a one sided beating, either standing up or on the ground. If it goes to the cards I expect both Diaz brothers to piss and moan like always about how wrestling is gay and that Shields got screwed.
Aldo. My gut tells me he's not going to lord over the division forever like many people think, but for right now he'll be king.
Vlad/Brilz is a toss up but I give the edge to Brilz because of his age. It doesn't really matter who wins and loses, neither is getting shit canned or moving up the ladder in the end.
Machida. By all logic he should smash Randy, but Randy has always been able to somehow pull a victory out of his ass. I still think Machida is taking this but I won't be surprised if Randy gets his hand raised by one method or another.
Henderson. I don't know if he's going to sink or swim in the LW shark tank, I think he'll tread water for a bit and then be moved to Strikeforce.
McDonald. Just because I fucking hate the Diaz brothers.

Shields - if GSP doesn't end this one standing, it could be bad, Shields ground game is very high level and I believe he can submit GSP or get the decision.
Aldo - Hominick is nowhere Aldo's level, Jose by destruction.
Matyushenko - Vlad is a much better wrestler than Lil Nog, so using that fight as a basis for how Brilz will do I think in this fight is irrelevant, it's an apples and oranges case.
Henderson - I honestly believe this guy could give a few of the current 10 LW's a run for their money, but he might not get the belt.
Diaz - McDonald is one 1 -1 against good competition, after this he will be 1 -2

Last edited:
I don't feel that strongly about either Shields or GSP, I'll save my sig bets for JDS/Lesnar or maybe the next time Nick Diaz defends his Strikeforce belt, so wish I had made a sig bet on that, cos I knew he would beat Daley.

We haven't done a sig bet since Cro Cop/Mir, which I still have a get out of jail free card for. How about a parlay on GSP/Shields, Vlad/Brilz, and Diaz/Mcdonald?

Yeah you were stuck in Redneck having troubles with your car at the time, so the sig bet was called off.

I'll offer a sig bet on Diaz Vs McDonald. Cos what happens let's say Diaz wins, GSP loses and Vlad Brilz ends in draw or something similar. This way is more straightforward.

Also, I might try and charge up the old laptop to get on IRC tonight, we can talk on there as the fights are live.

EDIT: I just realised I totally forgot Randy V Machida

My prediction on that one.

Machida by T/KO

Last edited:
It wasn't called off so much as I didn't have the energy to come up with something humiliating enough for you, so I just said it's a get out of jail free card. As for the parlay, how about whoever gets at least 2 out of the 3? If there's a draw then screw the whole thing. Also remember that they're starting the ppv 1 hour earlier tonight to see how people like a different start time.

Oh I fucking LOVE you Rory McDonald! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Brilz loss was much quicker than I expected.

Also I am game for sig bet parlay, but can't access IRC for some reason, it isn't working right.

I think this will fit in your sig quite nicely.
mma_mir_crocop4x_288.jpg

Done, one week duration as per the usual stipulation.

I will have to get you back at UFC 130. :p

Have to say Shields stand up was improved tonight, he may have lost the fight but he did some damage to GSP. he said he couldn't see very well out of his left eye at the end of the fight.

I thought Shields looked like crap, he landed only a handful of strikes and poked GSP in the eye. That's it. Word is GSP couldn't see out of his eye several hours after the match, but the doctors said he's ok, and I really hope he is. My first thought when he said he couldn't see was a detached retina, I'm VERY familiar with this type of injury, but I hope that's not the case. If it is, then his fighting days might be over for good.

With the exception of the main event, I thought it was an outstanding card top to bottom, if only because McDonald beat Diaz like he owed him money.

Randy+Couture+vs.+Lyoto+Machida+4.gif

29533_o.gif

War Machida.

Last edited:
The fuck is going on here? Penn/Fitch II gets scrapped (not that I was looking forward to it), then Jones/Evans, then Edgar/Maynard III, and now Lesnar/Dos Santos.

Last edited:
An incredible string of injuries for sure, shame really, since I was looking forward to those fights.

Oh and your boy Carwin is going down at the hands of JDS, he is gonna receive his first KO loss in this one. JDS is not a guy you want to be up against after a long layoff...

UFC 130 Predictions

Torres
Alves
Struve
Nelson
Rampage

I know I didn't make any pics before, but I would have come out 3-2.

Struve could be a monster, but he just refuses to fight to his size, and after tonight's knockout he might have a suspect chin.
I had Mir to beat Nelson, but this match showed Roy's chin must be made of solid titanium. I was surprised Mir came in at 260, I heard after the Carwin loss he planned to slim back down to the 240's because the extra mass didn't help him.
My gut was telling me Hamill was going to pull an upset due to Page's lack of motivation in the last couple of fights, but I see I was wrong.

Most of my pics got beat, but at least Rampage won and this time it was a solid performance that didn't have any controversy attached, so I'm happy.

So Nick Diaz is getting a shot at GSP for... I can't figure out exactly what he's done to actually earn it. I will say that he's going to learn that his pitter pat punches and constant taunting don't work when you're fighting the best in the world vs someone hovering around 25th.

As for Carwin/Dos Santos, I don't know who's going to win. Santos has overall better striking but Carwin has the power to turn out his light in a heart beat. Also, if you've seen any of these Camp Carwin videos, between his reduced size (actually due to his change in diet or not using steroids, I don't know) and bald head, he looks like a cancer patient. It's creepy to look at him right now.