Post a pic of yourself

I still need a trenchcoat...

Not a trenchcoat, its a wool/cashmere 3/4 top coat technically. I too am looking for a trenchcoat though, specifically this one but I can't find it anywhere for less than like 550.

trench-burberry.jpg

Clearly this is one of the cases of "I cannot think of a valid insult so I will make up something to tease you for".

This. Something similar happened to me in grade school...I cannot remember what it was though...:hmm:

Me in an airplane in the Technical Museum Speyer. The planes are installed in a way that you get the impression they are about to take off or fly a turn and you can go inside. This particular example is extreme, you feel like you are drunk when you come from the horizontal platform into that slanting plane, I was standing completely normal. More pics to come when I'm at home tonight.

https://pic.armedcats.net/e/ey/eye-q/2011/05/16/me.jpg

Not a trenchcoat, its a wool/cashmere 3/4 top coat technically. I too am looking for a trenchcoat though, specifically this one but I can't find it anywhere for less than like 550.

trench-burberry.jpg

I tried this on earlier in the year, http://au.burberry.com/store/menswe...-breasted-trench-coat-with-beat-check-lining/ and I looked awesome in it, shame it costs so much (even if I'm going for the version without the fancy water deflecting fabric). With clothing of such a high calibre you it's going to last you a long time but I suppose it's wise for me to wait until I've stopped growing to buy it. Otherwise I might as well just go to Zara.

Last edited:
At my cousin's graduation. I'm on the left; the uncle with whom I share a hairline is on my right.

F3143796.jpg

Reactions: LP
I tried this on earlier in the year, http://au.burberry.com/store/menswe...-breasted-trench-coat-with-beat-check-lining/ and I looked awesome in it, shame it costs so much (even if I'm going for the version without the fancy water deflecting fabric). With clothing of such a high calibre you it's going to last you a long time but I suppose it's wise for me to wait until I've stopped growing to buy it. Otherwise I might as well just go to Zara.

Yeah that is basically why I've started to invest in good quality clothing. I no longer am growing, and I've reached what I think is a healthy level of muscle mass, anything more will just be for show. So instead of getting dress clothes at the local dept. store I stepped up to Brooks Brothers shirts and pants, and invested in a suits from Thom Browne and Hugo Boss. I got a nice black wool pea coat and the cream 3/4 wool jacket above. Now I need to get that Burberry trench and I'll be set for work clothes for the next 5-7 years. I tend to shop classically in cut, I prefer slim cut but I've bypassed the ridiculous enourmous tie knot/ultra wide collar look that is in vogue now.

I don't have a problem with high fashion as tall, but Burberry (like Louis Vuitton) seems to have become way too popular among poseur types because of the easily-identifiable pattern of theirs.

Like the whole fad of popping the collar on your polo shirt seems to have thankfully passed by now... except for Burberry polo shirts, almost all the people I see wearing them still have their collars popped up presumably so the whole world can see and know they can afford Burberry clothes... well, one item of Burberry clothing anyway. :lol:

I don't have a problem with high fashion as tall, but Burberry (like Louis Vuitton) seems to have become way too popular among poseur types because of the easily-identifiable pattern of theirs.

Like the whole fad of popping the collar on your polo shirt seems to have thankfully passed by now... except for Burberry polo shirts, almost all the people I see wearing them still have their collars popped up presumably so the whole world can see and know they can afford Burberry clothes... well, one item of Burberry clothing anyway. :lol:

Ugh no, no popping of collars, which is why I liked what Burberry did with all their lines, toned down the tartan usage to dissuade chavs from purchasing the clothes as they are much less flashy now. The cut and finish and quality is the reason I want the jacket, the tartan plays no role. I tend to buy for quality rather than branding, which is why I rarely get Polo stuff, they put that stupid pony on everything.

I didn't say you bought for branding, but many (I would dare say most) do buy brand name clothing for that very reason. ;) And this becomes most apparent with brands like Louis Vuitton or Burberry that use distinctive and unique patterns... while Polo uses that pony logo on everything, Burberry has their own logo too and they use it in addition to the tartan on cheaper items like polo shirts.

Love your shirt!

I bought it back in the day when I was taking fashion tips from Richard Hammond. Fortunately, that only extended to shirts, and most of the more lurid ones are long gone.

I bought it back in the day when I was taking fashion tips from Richard Hammond. Fortunately, that only extended to shirts, and most of the more lurid ones are long gone.

I think he was being sentimental. Cob remembers the days when all shirts were like that, and collars were button-on extras :D

(I like the shirt, too, btw. I went through a phase of buying "grandad" shirts - without a collar - and still wear one occasionally.)

YI tend to shop classically in cut, I prefer slim cut but I've bypassed the ridiculous enourmous tie knot/ultra wide collar look that is in vogue now.

If you like a slimmer cut, you might try Southern Tide and their skipjack polo. I`ve been very happy with these and have replaced most of my Polo brand polos with these.

I think he was being sentimental. Cob remembers the days when all shirts were like that, and collars were button-on extras :D

(I like the shirt, too, btw. I went through a phase of buying "grandad" shirts - without a collar - and still wear one occasionally.)

The guy with collarless shirt is actually my uncle; I'm the one in the lightly-flowered blue shirt.