Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

Just graduated from College this morning.

BA in history

I've leveled up! :D I'm now a Senior Airman in the United States Air Force. Yay more money and less beating treated like a n00b!!!

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/ka/kajun/2011/05/15/3419720-2T.jpg

I also have this to look forward to during the next few days:

To those around the world who don't know, in the United States Air Force, we wear our rank on our sleeves. We're the only rank of military personnel who do this - the rest of the Armed Forces wear their ranks on their collars. It is tradition for us to, whenever a person gets promoted to the next rank, we "tack" on the new stripe by lining up a gauntlet of personnel who have worn the stripe before them , and punch them in the arm, "tacking" the stripe to their uniform. I don't know if this explanation is true, but from what I've heard, there were Airmen who would glue the stripes to their uniform instead of actually sewing them on, so the "tacking" was to make sure that the stripes don't fall.

mario-1up.gif

WOOT, got an email today from UK Civil Aviation, my aviation maintenance license has been approved and is being issued in a day or two, after 4 years and a pretend graduation, this one means something :D \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Heck no, 300 GBP, which at one point i thought i'd lose D:

ucas said:
The current status of your application is:
Congratulations! Your place at University of Bath (B16) to study Electronic and Communication Engineering (H640) has been confirmed. You will receive a Confirmation Letter shortly.

Officially confirmed \o/

3 years. I did apply for MEng aswell but didn't get accepted. It should be easy enough to apply for MEng once I've done the 3rd year, no?

I expect so, yeah. Depends on your grades I expect :D 4 year Bachelors courses include a year in industry which can be interesting, and also give you some money to splurge in your final year :)

Just graduated from College this morning.

BA in history

Welcome to the real world. Also congrats!

I've leveled up! :D I'm now a Senior Airman in the United States Air Force. Yay more money and less beating treated like a n00b!!!

Senior Airman sounds like a member of some geriatric bagpipe group. I'm jk, congrats!

WOOT, got an email today from UK Civil Aviation, my aviation maintenance license has been approved and is being issued in a day or two, after 4 years and a pretend graduation, this one means something :D \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Yay grats!

As for me: I just got a message on my flickr from someone who wants to use my picture of a telescope in one of her talks. I googled who she was and it turns out it someone who works at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center.

:woot:

epic win LP \o/

Reactions: LP
I'd like to point my telescope at her black hole. Wait what.