Doctor Who

I thought that Outcasts had some interesting themes, it just needed not to be as boring as fuck.
You had to persevere with it. By the end of the first episode I was thinking "What are the BBC doing showing this?" and by the end of the last I was thinking "When's the next series starting?" Unfortunately the answer to that is "never".

i don't bother reading reviews and in specifically go to Gallifrey Base either is because i want to avoid reading spoilers.
I don't bother because they require you to log in. To read a forum? Are you kidding me? :?

Some promo pics to this weeks episode. They don't reveal too much, nor do they reveal the cliffhanger for last weeks episode. so those who haven't seen last week's episode can look on.

almost.jpg

tap1.jpg

tap2.jpg

tap3.jpg

tap4.jpg

I just saw Doctor's Wife. Mind still reeling from the mindfuck. It was probably amazing, but head needs to settle first. Congrats, Gaiman, you've out-Moffated Moffat. Wharghbl.

Just catching up with this series so haven't been reading this thread. I was a bit shocked to see DC Chris Skelton in Doctor Who! :lol:

And he's the mentally slowest of the group once again!

I did persevere with Outcasts and at the end wondered why I bothered. It was appalling. Dull, ponderous, directionless drivel with wooden acting and characters that at best had one dimension. Well that was my take on it anyway.

And forgive me if this has been posited already as I can't be bothered to go back that far, but is anyone else expecting the pirates from the Curse of the Black Spot to show up on occasion? A bit like this Doctor's Captain Jack Harkness?

And forgive me if this has been posited already as I can't be bothered to go back that far, but is anyone else expecting the pirates from the Curse of the Black Spot to show up on occasion? A bit like this Doctor's Captain Jack Harkness?

I'm hoping Canton Everett Delaware III shows up again!

I'm hoping Canton Everett Delaware III shows up again!

Too close in idea to Captain Jack ie a gay character from an earlier era? (Yes, I know Jack wiggles both ways). Would have been much cooler to have had his old self as a recurring character. I remember W Morgan Sheppard from his days as Blank Reg in Max Headroom.

Too close in idea to Captain Jack ie a gay character from an earlier era? (Yes, I know Jack wiggles both ways). Would have been much cooler to have had his old self as a recurring character. I remember W Morgan Sheppard from his days as Blank Reg in Max Headroom.

Jack wiggles any way anyone asks him to!

Aww cmon, Chris was the only one who seemed eager to learn from Sam and Alex.

Eager, but unable. Ray might have been sexist and mean, but Chris was facepalm-worthy stupid.

I did persevere with Outcasts and at the end wondered why I bothered. It was appalling. Dull, ponderous, directionless drivel with wooden acting and characters that at best had one dimension. Well that was my take on it anyway.

I watched the first episode and have a load more downloaded but haven't bothered watching them, I trust your opinion so that's saved me a bit of time and hard disk space. :lol:

Don't you dare insult Chris Skelton! :mad:

He was my favourite. :p He wasn't stupid I don't think, just nervous. Plently of smart people are like that in real life situations.

Last edited:
I watched the first episode and have a load more downloaded but haven't bothered watching them, I trust your opinion so that's saved me a bit of time and hard disk space. :lol:

Well just to be sure read the reviews from the broadsheets online eg http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/8309545/Outcasts-BBC-One-review.html

And bear in mind they aren't making another series in spite of a Facebook campaign. Although to be honest having watched the first episode I actually sat through the rest while killing time on FG. It was HWFT who watched the lost. She enjoyed it.

But then she nearly burst into tears when I told her Medium had been cancelled. Hardly surprising we are selling the house and getting a divorce now, it is? :lol:

spoilered since it gives away the ending of last weeks episode.
tumblr_lllv308CUk1qe5emso1_500.png

UPDATE: Matt Smith is on BBC One right now on The One Show.

Last edited:
Don't you dare insult Chris Skelton! :mad:

He was my favourite. :p He wasn't stupid I don't think, just nervous. Plently of smart people are like that in real life situations.

Yea! And he got the cute girl. But he did sound exactly the same in this DW episode. (see, I brought it back on topic)

Spoiler on ep 7: A Good Man Goes To War

Lucy Saxon will be in it.

For those that don't know, that will be the last episode before the series goes on hiatus for a few months. There's going to be a massive cliffhanger. Prepare for a huge revelation in The Almost People as well.

Apologies for the double post. The BBC have just announced that the Prequel to next weeks episode. 6x07: A Good Man goes to war, which is the mid-season finale will be released after 6x06: The Almost People finishes on BBC One. This will roughly be around 7:30pm on the BBC Doctor Who website. Here's the announcement from the BBC.
The build up to the mid-series finale begins tomorrow on BBC ONE with The Almost People. Straight after the episode finishes you can see the incredible Prequel to A Good Man Goes to War.

The Prequel features a familiar figure who delivers a chilling warning?

The Almost People is on Saturday, 6.45pm on BBC ONE and the prequel will be online ? right here ? immediately afterwards.
While the prequel episode itself will be on the BBC iPlayer. it will most likely turn up on youtube shortly after. i'll try and track it down, although i'm sure someone else may beat me to it.