Minecraft

Remember not to upgrade until I get the server working (which usually takes a day or two), because otherwise you won't be able to connect. You can back up your minecraft.jar file if you want to test things out and then revert to 1.5.x

There's a few wierd things on the server at the moment, firstly, minecart mania is acting up, saying I don't have permission to create any sign commands such as launch or announce, i'm able to create a launcher by trying again (first time will say I don't have permission to create a launcher and make the sign blank, doing it again gives the same message but makes it anyway, but if I try to remove it it says I don't have permission to remove launchers)

Secondly, health regen is off :(

i made something!

also this:
[SSSS]

Project of the last two days: drag out some old computer parts, slap something together, add Xubuntu and call it a Minecraft server. I got tired of running the damn thing on my desktop :lol:

There's a few wierd things on the server at the moment, firstly, minecart mania is acting up, saying I don't have permission to create any sign commands such as launch or announce, i'm able to create a launcher by trying again (first time will say I don't have permission to create a launcher and make the sign blank, doing it again gives the same message but makes it anyway, but if I try to remove it it says I don't have permission to remove launchers)

Secondly, health regen is off :(

I'll make sure everything works once we move to 1.6, but for now, I would rather play or work on other projects :p

Project of the last two days: drag out some old computer parts, slap something together, add Xubuntu and call it a Minecraft server. I got tired of running the damn thing on my desktop :lol:

you could always look into mineos ! no need to run full linux when you can use all of computers power to the people.

you could always look into mineos ! no need to run full linux when you can use all of computers power to the people.

I've thought about trying to trim this thing down, never heard of MineOS though, that's quite intriguing. All I need to be able to do is run the Minecraft Server, update the Minecraft Server, and remote login from any location.

I've thought about trying to trim this thing down, never heard of MineOS though, that's quite intriguing. All I need to be able to do is run the Minecraft Server, update the Minecraft Server, and remote login from any location.

there even is some map-generatins too :eek:
just watch the youtube vids and your done :D

It looks awesome, my only remaining concern is my wi-fi card. Need to figure out how to get the drivers on there, I'm terrible with Linux and Xubuntu did it out of the box.

It looks awesome, my only remaining concern is my wi-fi card. Need to figure out how to get the drivers on there, I'm terrible with Linux and Xubuntu did it out of the box.

can't you use it with lan-cable instead of wifi?
seems too much effort for unused pc :p

I did manage to get a LAN cable run to it. It's FINALLY up and running but somehow it ate part of my map <_<

Other than that it seems good so far, not recommended for the average user as it was a bitch to set up.

I did manage to get a LAN cable run to it. It's FINALLY up and running but somehow it ate part of my map <_<

Other than that it seems good so far, not recommended for the average user as it was a bitch to set up.

Did you have backup of the map? if not sorry for your loss.
And yeah itrs bitch to set up in virtual machine too.

did you just use the normal hd and not the ramdisk, did you made a automatic backup?

Did you have backup of the map? if not sorry for your loss.
And yeah itrs bitch to set up in virtual machine too.

did you just use the normal hd and not the ramdisk, did you made a automatic backup?

Ramdisk, automatic backups, should be all ready to go. It was really weird trying to get my map on. At one point I deleted the fresh map, added my own instead, restarted the server, and it just loaded the fresh one again ignoring mine.... restored mine again after than and it worked for about 90% of the developed map, we only lost one building. Also lost inventories and player positions. Luckily there are only 4-5 regular players. I have a backup but no idea what to do besides what I have done already.

Ramdisk, automatic backups, should be all ready to go. It was really weird trying to get my map on. At one point I deleted the fresh map, added my own instead, restarted the server, and it just loaded the fresh one again ignoring mine.... restored mine again after than and it worked for about 90% of the developed map, we only lost one building. Also lost inventories and player positions. Luckily there are only 4-5 regular players. I have a backup but no idea what to do besides what I have done already.

good to know about it being much much more job to make it work, but you managed.
hows the server interface?

good to know about it being much much more job to make it work, but you managed.
hows the server interface?
Let me revise my analysis, it's fucking crap and it's not saving the World, or even the fact that a World exists. Plus it takes forever to connect and is extremely laggy. Maybe my router is having issues again..... but it was fine before the move.

The server interface is shit, partially broken and doesn't let you do much.

Let me revise my analysis, it's fucking crap and it's not saving the World, or even the fact that a World exists. Plus it takes forever to connect and is extremely laggy. Maybe my router is having issues again..... but it was fine before the move.

The server interface is shit, partially broken and doesn't let you do much.

oh sounds like bad idea then :/
sry for me even suggesting the idea :/

"If it works, don't fix it" seems to apply here.

"If it works, don't fix it" seems to apply here.
i am thinking the same, but it's too late now. I messed up the chron job that was supposed to be doing backups, now fixed, but that doesn't explain the disappearance of the world overnight, or why everything south of a certain point got regenerated (players also lost positions and inventory)... it's a sound concept but it needs some work, especially on the usability front.

Last edited:
Just run Debian stable, install the SunOracle JRE, and call it a day.

Evening Gentlemen!

Evening Gentlemen!

And/or ladies if you exist.... I have been invited by lwsbrck and I would be very appreciative if you could put me on your whitelist for your minecraft server.
:mrgreen: