Battlefield 3

I'm sure you'll be fine. Frostbite 2 is supposed to scale really really well though, like full effects on low. Me, I'm not upgrading yet.

If you have SLI 570's you're more than good.

I max BC2 with the 560 comfortably. I'm sure Frostbite 2 will offer similar performance. Deferred lighting really takes the edge off dynamically lit games. But then again I'm running DX9.

I'm surprised that games are going the "full effects, just lower quality effects" route to performance scaling. Crysis 2 had all features enabled at all settings levels, it just scaled the quality.

Meh, when I built this PC I was trying to be somewhat cheap about it while getting good performance.
GPU has been upgraded and that's fine...but I have a feeling my CPU will let me down for this...hence I'll probably build a new one around that time.

I'm already getting slightly frustrated with the performance of this.

Pre-order dlc pack announced for UK
http://www.gametrailers.com/news/battlefield-3-le-physical/3391

EA has announced that the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition: Physical Warfare Pack is now available for pre-order exclusively at GAME and gamestation in the UK. The Physical Warfare Pack feature exclusive in-gme content including the Type 88 light machine gun with bipod, the SKS sniper rifle flash suppressor that provides increased stealth abilities for Recon soldiers, and the lethal armor-piercing flechette ammo for the DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun that is designed to tear through anything in its path. Also included is day one access to the highly versatile DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun itself.

I imagine this is like the pre-order offer for BC2, where these are ingame items you can unlock without, you just get it early.

What intrigues me more are the items and what they seem to suggest. Optional suppressors for one. I dislike in BC2 how all engineer guns are suppressed no matter what, but it seems these are equipment choices now, which offers the first real glimpse of the expanded equipment system that has been mentioned. I like it. Also with that seems to be working bipods (hurrah) and more ammo choices for the shotguns (and hopefully other guns like sniper rifles).

Yes, it's good to see them implementing more equipment. I always hate when they render something on a rifle and it's just there for looks. And yes, I thought it was dumb that only engineers got the suppressed weapons. I loved the slug ammo for the shotgun in bc2.

Some more concept art from Gulf of Oman and Sharqi Peninsula. May not necessarily actually be like that in the game, but what the hell. Why not.

BF3_5F00_B2K_5F00_Gulf_5F00_of_5F00_Oman_5F00_Concept.jpg

BF3_5F00_B2K_5F00_Sharqi_5F00_Peninsula_5F00_Concept.jpg

And the exclusives themselves. [For UK for now]

BF3_2D00_Physical_2D00_Warfare_2D00_Pack.jpg

Last edited:
I want all of these:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP4FjODPDFA[/youtube]

Also with that seems to be working bipods (hurrah)

They seem to have suggested that you can mount your gun on stuff, so if that's possible then bipods will definitely be functional.

And, god, I hope there are no actually pre-order exclusive items. It's the most asshole thing you can do with an online game - here's this cool stuff, you can't have it no matter what you do but the people who are killing you have it. Unless, unless unless unless, it's like Bofors rifle in 2142, it was exactly the same as one of the rifles everyone had access to it just looked different. Speaking of 2142, bring back the knife upgrade! I was so disappointed when I got to 500 dogtags in BC2 and still had the default knife and not a wicked sick knife with a dogtag on it.

Last edited:
I'm excited, not hiding it. Can't remember all 17 minutes of it, but they basically said weapons are customizable with different ammos and mods (like the suppressor).

Now all I need is to nail my interview Wednesday so I can have spending money on hand should my PC prove inadequate.

Man, BF2 maps are really looking barren next to today's level design. Oooooh I can't wait. I can't wait for this so badly. I cant wait to have Wake with more stuff and be able to destroy EVERYTHING. Wake wake wake wake wake.

Haha, wow at BF2. I remember when that came out and how my mind was blown by the graphics.

DO WANT!

boner achieved

cant wait to start work next week so i can buy a new computer soon

A bunch of wallpapers, etc. from the fan kit:

Last edited: