Mass Effect 3

Book spoilers ahead, for those who haven't read Ascension.

That makes sense. It also brings forward something I've thought about before. The quarians. They don't have a homeworld, they have a fleet. A huge one. And since they've started sending ships off to look for potential new homeworlds, not all in the same place. Mix that with what Vigil said how the Prothean scientists survived the Reaper invasion because the records of Ilos were destroyed. So, if they need the Citadel's records to know which planets to harvest, they either conquer the Citadel on their way to Earth, or they're using what little information Sovereign managed to gather before he was destroyed, which is years old by now. Even if they are using current data, the flotilla is always moving, and not always in Citadel space.

Which brings me to my next thought, while quarian warships will help in the fight, the rest of the flotilla acts as refugee camp. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the side missions find you rescuing a group of civilians, taking them on the Normandy, and shuttling them to the flotilla.

fuck me, March is a long time to wait

Book spoilers ahead, for those who haven't read Ascension.

That makes sense. It also brings forward something I've thought about before. The quarians. They don't have a homeworld, they have a fleet. A huge one. And since they've started sending ships off to look for potential new homeworlds, not all in the same place. Mix that with what Vigil said how the Prothean scientists survived the Reaper invasion because the records of Ilos were destroyed. So, if they need the Citadel's records to know which planets to harvest, they either conquer the Citadel on their way to Earth, or they're using what little information Sovereign managed to gather before he was destroyed, which is years old by now. Even if they are using current data, the flotilla is always moving, and not always in Citadel space.

Which brings me to my next thought, while quarian warships will help in the fight, the rest of the flotilla acts as refugee camp. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the side missions find you rescuing a group of civilians, taking them on the Normandy, and shuttling them to the flotilla.

only one slight problem there. Much of Mass Effect 2's time with the Quarian Flotilla is spent building up to a Quarian effort to re-take the Quarian Homeworld from the Geth. There's no way that they would be able to withstand a assault on their former homeworld and then assault by the reapers. unless of course the Reapers already beat them to the Quarian Homeworld. In which case the Normandy could act like a Battlestar Galactica to the Quarian Flotilla.

It could be June 3rd, if you're a pessimist :p

only one slight problem there. Much of Mass Effect 2's time with the Quarian Flotilla is spent building up to a Quarian effort to re-take the Quarian Homeworld from the Geth. There's no way that they would be able to withstand a assault on their former homeworld and then assault by the reapers. unless of course the Reapers already beat them to the Quarian Homeworld. In which case the Normandy could act like a Battlestar Galactica to the Quarian Flotilla.

Yes, but you could also steer the direction towards making peace with the geth. Which, if I recall correctly, was the paragon thing to do.

However, I don't think the quarians will be hit very much by the Reapers. BioWare has gone out of their way to make sure we as players know the quarians are an outcasted race. When you first meet Tali and bring her back to the ambassador's office, Udina says something along the lines of "why have you left the flotilla". When you investigate the volus' missing credits, both he and the C-Sec officer look down on the quarian as a second-rate citizen. In the codex it's pointed out that most systems don't allow the flotilla anywhere near their space, and those that do want them gone quickly.

I just have a feeling them always being on the move and what Vigil said about Prothean scientists surviving are linked.

Or, there's one hell of a BSG tribute coming our way.

Yes, but you could also steer the direction towards making peace with the geth. Which, if I recall correctly, was the paragon thing to do.

However, I don't think the quarians will be hit very much by the Reapers. BioWare has gone out of their way to make sure we as players know the quarians are an outcasted race. When you first meet Tali and bring her back to the ambassador's office, Udina says something along the lines of "why have you left the flotilla". When you investigate the volus' missing credits, both he and the C-Sec officer look down on the quarian as a second-rate citizen. In the codex it's pointed out that most systems don't allow the flotilla anywhere near their space, and those that do want them gone quickly.

I just have a feeling them always being on the move and what Vigil said about Prothean scientists surviving are linked.

Or, there's one hell of a BSG tribute coming our way.

even though on my first run through, i was following the paragon route for most of my conversations. except for where it came to the Quarian's attitude towards the Geth. I was very much on the side of the drum beats for war. I don't like the Geth, not as in i don't like the idea of them. I don't like them personally. When Legion died on my run through, to me it was of no great loss and i would really welcome being able to help the Quarians re-take the homeworld. It wasn't because i was trying to nail Tali with a can opener either. Out of all the races in Mass Effect. The Quarians are the ones i've most enjoyed and warmed to. I like the idea of them and i being able to visit the flotilla was one of the real standout moments for me.

so anyway i'll be able to help the Quarians wipe out the Geth would be welcome by me and if it means sacrificing them to the reapers. so be it.

Going the paragon route when Tali first encounters Legion, to me, hinted at a possibility that the Quarians and Geth could co-exist. Legion died on my run through too, but didn't bother to redo it...

Well, the Geth are split in two fractions and I suspect (and secretly hope) that one of the side quests will involve a continuation of Legion's loyalty mission in ME2.

Out of all the races in Mass Effect. The Quarians are the ones i've most enjoyed and warmed to. I like the idea of them and i being able to visit the flotilla was one of the real standout moments for me.

so anyway i'll be able to help the Quarians wipe out the Geth would be welcome by me and if it means sacrificing them to the reapers. so be it.

I love the quarians. Every time I see one, I want to recruit them.

I get what you're saying about the geth. They're not my favorites, either. However, I did take the route of preaching peace talks because I had the feeling that if I didn't, it would come back to haunt me. Or kill me.

Going the paragon route when Tali first encounters Legion, to me, hinted at a possibility that the Quarians and Geth could co-exist. Legion died on my run through too, but didn't bother to redo it...

I'm assuming you're talking about the argument after you've gotten both loyal, as I took Tali everywhere so she was arguing to leave him on the derelict Reaper when we found him.

Also, I haven't had anyone die yet as I like the loyalty outfits, so I have to have them.

Well, the Geth are split in two fractions and I suspect (and secretly hope) that one of the side quests will involve a continuation of Legion's loyalty mission in ME2.

I think the only continuation won't be a side quest, but what the current situation with the geth is during the game. You'll either have geth on the Reaper's side, or you won't.

EDIT: I just noticed, out of 12 pages, I have 1 1/2 pages worth of posts in this thread. I need to stop coming up with theories and let everyone else have a say. :lol:

Last edited:
I love the quarians. Every time I see one, I want to recruit them. I get what you're saying about the geth. They're not my favorites, either. However, I did take the route of preaching peace talks because I had the feeling that if I didn't, it would come back to haunt me. Or kill me.

The only good Geth, is a dead Geth.

I like the Geth. Just not the heretic douchebags that Saren was using. From what Legion says the Geth on the Quarian homeworld are pretty chill.

I like the Geth. Just not the heretic douchebags that Saren was using. From what Legion says the Geth on the Quarian homeworld are pretty chill.

thats ok then, just makes it easier for me to eradicate their entire kind.

I'm surprised by the geth hate. If a parallel is drawn between ME2 and Star Trek, Legion has to be Spock. Such a likeable robot!

Collectors Edition Features:

-Premium metal case featuring male and female Commander Shepard
-70-page hardbound art book
-Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics
-Fabric N7 patch.
-Exclusive 4x6 lithographic print of the SR-2 Alliance Normandy
-Additional in-game content including
-N7 Arsenal Pack - Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
-Squad alternate appearance pack
-Robotic Dog for on board the Normandy
-Mass Effect 3 digital soundtrack.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/ga...s-edition/91368?loc=mostanticipated_row3_col1

It's worth it just for the Robotic dog. :lol:

i am so glad i preordered the collectors edition. got screwed out of the CE for mass effect 2 and am not gonna miss it this time.

looking foward to the robotic dog.

Also, i hope my space hamster is still okay

how could you not buy the hamster

heartless bastard