Stupid Driver Stories

:)

It's not a comedy, though, despite that scene. It's one of the best thrillers of the 1970's. And you shouldn't be afraid of dentists, when you watch it ;)

Time for a good stupid driver story. You guys will love this.

I'm coming back late from the lab, it's now 9:40 pm here in the west coast of the US. I was leaving from a parking lot that I don't usually park at and I was going in a direction that I don't normally go from that parking lot. Anyway I see this kid in front of me and he runs not one but two stop signs. At the perpendicular intersection of the second stopsign was a cop in the dark, and of course he caught him red-handed and he had to pull over.

That stupid kid with his backwards baseball cap. Do you know who he was? This is the greatest thing, check this.

Me.

Edit: Ok I didn't really run through 2, I ran through 1. And I didn't really run through it or blast through it. See the first stop sign is coming up to the peak of a hill, so you are by gravity forced to stop and I did. The second one I slowed down to like 5 mph, didn't see anyone and went.. and the cop saw that as "blasting through". He marked me down for less miles per hour because he rewatched the video.

Whatever.

Last edited:
You gotta love the stop sign versus yield sign decisions sometimes.
There's a few stop signs on the way to work where I can't help but think "Why is this not a yield sign? I can practically see for a mile in all directions long before I even get to the intersection".

Then on the flip side there is this one yield sign in town that in no way makes sense.
Not once have I gotten to that intersection without coming to a complete stop since it's just impossible to see the cross traffic and adjacent entrances and exits otherwise.

The thing about stop signs is, that not even the police cars here are actually stopping at them.

The thing about stop signs is, that not even the police cars here are actually stopping at them.

We have an all way stop (that I was caught at once but the ticket was dismissed) that is on a T-intersection. Now the intersection is as follows, a 2 way road forms the "leg" of the T and a 2 lane one way forms the "hat". There is a parking lot on the other side of the 2 lane coming into the one way. According to NYS traffic code, any vehicle leaving a drive way has to stop and give way to the traffic on the road, additionally any vehicle going into a "hat" of T at an intersection must stop and give way to anyone going in the road. You can easily see the 2 way from the one way, there is ONLY a left turn possible from either road, the only traffic that can possibly go straight or right is the traffic coming out of the parking lot. Thing is that's a service road near a highway, there is very little traffic on it under normal circumstances and you can easily make a left or come out from a parking lot without the need for cross traffic to stop (I know this because there is a shopping plaza on this road where you have to stop to get out of the parking lot). WTF IS THE POINT FOR THAT DUMBASS STOP SIGN???!!!!!!!

Question? if you are an elderly lady driving a several decades old French whyisentitupsidedownandonfireyet would you :

A: Be an overcautious driver as the stereotype proclaims, 10Mph, both hands at the wheel at all times only looking forward annoying the fuck out of everbody?
B : Carry a dog on your lap unrestrained who doesn't want to sit still so you are weaving about the place trying to get Fifi to sit, all the while compleetly oblivious to everything around you (including a red light) ?
C :A rather baffling but still apparantly possible version of Both?

Last edited:

You in the Audi who was intent on being 2 cm behind every car, darting into gaps that were only created by people being quick enough on the brake pedal, and overtaking on the outside lane, you're an idiot. If you look ahead, you'll see that the queue is because a veeeeery slow polish truck is overtaking an even slower (and heavier) finnish tanker and his brother the the up a hill at roughly the same speed. Oh, you made it all the way to the front! Congratulations! As you would notice if you were not an idiot, truckers do not care if you're 2 cm away from their trailer. I hope you like the little cloud of pebbles the truck drags up from the median. People like you make me wish for more civil police cars on the road.

In police-related and slightly weird news, police ticketed a man boy for speeding on his bicycle yesterday, doing 58km/h in a 50-zone which cost him 1500:-

Last edited:
That's ridiculous! Here you have to be 10+km/h over the speed limit to get the minimum fine. That's besides the fact they ticketed a bicyclist.

In police-related and slightly weird news, police ticketed a man boy for speeding on his bicycle yesterday, doing 58km/h in a 50-zone which cost him 1500:-

Well power to them.....a speedlimits just like every other trafficrule is there for everybody, this includes pedalpushers.

You gotta love the stop sign versus yield sign decisions sometimes.
There's a few stop signs on the way to work where I can't help but think "Why is this not a yield sign? I can practically see for a mile in all directions long before I even get to the intersection".

Then on the flip side there is this one yield sign in town that in no way makes sense.
Not once have I gotten to that intersection without coming to a complete stop since it's just impossible to see the cross traffic and adjacent entrances and exits otherwise.

Yes! There's a yield sign for an on ramp to the main freeway here off of this major street near campus. The traffic coming from the main street and onto the onramp has a speed limit of 45 coming in, the other side of the main street has a stop light and the cars have to turn left into the on-ramp. Well some dumb motherfucker decided to plant 123871293487 feet tall hedges right at the visibility point. So it effectively becomes a stop sign.

Meanwhile that police officer has told me that I was doing all this and driving and blasting like a fucking idiot in a residential area. No it wasn't. There was one dorm building and the rest are campus buildings. What the bleeding fuck. Secondly, the lanes are so goddamned wide that you could see for miles, so there was no way I was going to do any damage, plus the cross traffic lane (where the cop was sitting) was so narrow that the area may have well been a yield!!!!

Fucking hate that balls.

I honestly believe that is true here as well, although they're sneaky. If there's no-one around they'll just blast through 'em, but as soon as they see someone they become Johnny Law and drive perfectly. When there's heavy traffic, they blast the sirens to get people to move out of the way so they can blast through the stop sign, at which point they immediately turn off the siren.

^ I embarrasingly did the inverse of that (diving onto the off-ramp I almost missed) trying to find my way to a friend's party.

The real kicker: it was the wrong off-ramp.