2011 24 Heures du Mans - 79th Grand Prix d'Endurance, June 11-12 - Race Week Thread

I just want to say thanks to those who have offered up links for feeds. I can't watch it on tv, and last year it was just Radio Le Mans and the Audi on-board cameras for me.

So did I Hive, hopefully next year!

#2 Audi keeps the lead despite having done one more stop.

Yep and that's a big point for Audi there. They are changing tires much less than the Pugs and Pug now noticed that and started changing tires less frequently as well so this is a true battle now. Did you see Luhr's interview? He talked about how the front runners are pushing so hard they're flashing their lights a mile away so you know they're coming. These guys are truly going all out for the whole of the race, I'm loving it! :D

Last edited:
Yep and that's a big point for Audi there. They are changing tires much less than the Pugs and Pug now noticed that and started changing tires less frequently as well so this is a true battle now. Did you see Luhr's interview? He talked about how the front runners are pushing so hard they're flashing their lights a mile away so you know they're coming. These guys are truly going all out for the whole of the race, I'm loving it! :D
Yep, caught that, also great to see the flashing from the onboards now that it's getting dark! Best time of the race coming up :cool:

A lot of peugeot laps in the 3:35-3:40 range lately whereas Audi didn't do laps above 3:34. Strange. May be something to look out for.

Not that strange in my opinion: Peugeot aims to stay on their 12-lap-per-tank-stints whereas Audi say "fuck it, we won't make 12 laps on a tank so we can do pedal to the metal just as well". It's just different tactics.

They could do 12 laps on faster average laps since the start of the race. I simply don't see the point in running slowly.

Minassion and Lamy reported very heavy vibrations in the Peugeot at Radio Le Mans and they hope that fresh tyres solve it.

Rob Bell (#66 Ferrari) now driving without a clutch, apparently.

Gene went straight on in Arnage so Rockenfeller took 2nd place with little fight. Places 1 and 2 at the moment for Audi.

I AM GETTING FUCKING FED UP WITH SPEED!!!!
So can any one tell me what happened? I've been sitting through 10 minutes of fucking speed douchebaggery of ads and fucking Asscar wrap ups.

Last edited: