Lens Flair

100-1044-XL.jpg

I sold my 50D few weeks ago so that I could afford a 7D, unfortunately it has not yet arrived and I had to take my old rusty dusty 350D to this rally. After this "step down" I realised how much it sucks compared to the 50D - the IQ is OK, I guess you wouldn't notice a difference, but the focusing is SHIT - I had 600 photos and after deleting the ones that are badly focused, I was left with 300 photos (and I had already deleted tons of blurry photos in the camera). Impressive ratio :/

jaromir-tomastik-mitsubishi-lancer-evo-9-01.jpg

more @ http://rallyphotos.cz/photos/agrotec-mogul-rally-hustopece-2011/

Last edited:
Eye-popping, as usual, DoN! The body matters not ... what matters is your lenses how you manage to use them!
Indeed lenses matter much, but now that i was forced to upgrade to 5d the difference is huuge with the same old lenses i have. The AF is much much better, the dynamic range is from feels like another planet and the AI with the exposure is wastly improved.

For example my -91 tamron 20-40mm 2.8-3.5 lens has become alive with 5d. my correct AF rate with 350d was about 50-60%, now it seems to be 99%. Thats imo, but still.

Only half an hour after I arrived to the N?rburgring in the fifth VLN race this saturday GT3 hit E46 while overtaking and the result wasn't a succes. Luckly everybody escaped unharmed. Not very good as a picture, but at least I managed to capture it happening.

And in the process, you managed to capture two dudes shitting their pants...