2011 Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada

Why on earth should Jenson Button force his teammate into a pit wall and risk himself spinning into the other wall? This just doesn't make sense, maybe in touring cars, but at these speeds in these cars noone wants to have an accident on purpose.

1. Hells teeth what a race - ups and downs hanging around, safety cars, bits of cars all over the track and wow those last 10 laps! We have a repeat on BBC3 at about 01:00 hrs Monday - I am recording same. ?

2. I agree I hope that they do not put any more penalties on anyone - wet race what do they expect for heavens sake? Everything that needed correction was corrected on the day.

On the contentious issues:

Button v Hamilton - Racing incident. Button took the racing line, Hamilton should have known better than to try it. There is a good chance Button couldn't even have seen Hamilton in the mirror and made no sudden movements to close the door.

Button v Alonso - Racing Incident. Side by side before the corner. Button braked earlier to take a tighter line, Alonso braked later for a wider line. Button could have moved over slightly more, although taking to the rumble strips in the rain isn't a good idea. Alonso should have been more pragmatic as he was on the outside going into a chicane that two cars can't really fit around.

On the contentious issues:

Button v Hamilton - Racing incident. Button took the racing line, Hamilton should have known better than to try it. There is a good chance Button couldn't even have seen Hamilton in the mirror and made no sudden movements to close the door.

Button v Alonso - Racing Incident. Side by side before the corner. Button braked earlier to take a tighter line, Alonso braked later for a wider line. Button could have moved over slightly more, although taking to the rumble strips in the rain isn't a good idea. Alonso should have been more pragmatic as he was on the outside going into a chicane that two cars can't really fit around.

Yes and lets not forget Alonso had a huge disadvantage.
He was coming out of the pits on colder tyres. Button had better tyres when the crash occurred. Button knew Alonso had worse tyres than him, so ofcourse he was gonna push it.

:clap: Hamilton's arrogance ruining it all for him :clap:
:thumbsup: Michael Schumacher :thumbsup:
:bow: Jenson Button :bow:

:thumbup: Gilles Villeneuve Circuit :thumbup:
:dance: Rain :dance:

So, playing chicken with F1 cars is the new planking or something? Yeah, I know he just fell over but, first that guy trying to 'jump' Buemi's car now this! :lol:

More seriously, lucky the guy he didn't get a tyre to the head. :blink:

I have no record of a race being so great and so awful a the same time. 183 safety cars and it lasted like 7 hours by my account. Might have gotten lost while counting though...

Button had the drive of his lifetime here, played all his cards rights and it paid off. Never had seen someone go in with a puncture, serve a drive through, pit 5 times and win.
Michael Schumacher took several guys to school today, including Massa and Webber. That was sweet to watch, you just can't buy that experience. I would have loved to see him in the podium. Near the end of the race I was praying for Button to crash into Vettel and bump him to 2nd.

Ferrari another race to forget. It could have been great, the quali was good at last and the pace was there. Stupid mistakes all over again, it's beginning to look worrying.

Hamilton... if I had a dollar for every time that guy pushed someone out of the track and for people in this forum defending him cos he "brings the show"... If I was his team manager I'd sit him in a chair in a basement and force him to watch Button's drive over and over again until Valencia, with a tape recorder replaying "The race is not won at the first corner but can often be lost in it" over and over till the message sinks in. Honestly needs to stop. And if anyone even thinks of comparing him to Senna, may lightning strike you down.

Alguersuari supposedly had gotten an ultimatum from Toro Rosso and he delivered his best finish yet, so we might see him around a bit longer.

Edit: Forgot Vettel being a frikken troll behind the safety car on restarts. One thing is dictating your pace and something else is doing silly shit that can easily make people behind crash by piling them up so much near a narrow chicane like that. Stupid trick and if Schumacher had a better car, I would have loved it if he got past Vettel, cos those stupid tricks didn't work on MS's experience.

Last edited:
The race made new records with it being the longest in F1 history lasting 4 hours 4 minutes and 39 seconds after the race was red flagged for approximately two hours due to heavy rain. The safety car was also deployed six times, which broke the record for the most times a safety car has been deployed in a single race.

Why don't you remove neg-rep ability from d-Fence since he's the one just slinging it around for no reason?

I would neg-rep you for this asinine comment but oh wait I can't, because the dictatorship isn't allowing me to.

LOL, you just keep going...

anyways, the race was great! the last lap was nuts! That drive by Button was an all timer, if you cant pass them then push them till they make a mistake! text book. MSC was on a roll today, he was old schumi IMO, i loved it and im sure that everyone (except some ferrari folk ;) ) wanted to see him on the podium. Anyways, great drives by *most (damn you ham). The DRS was on full swing today

The double DRS zone didn't work IMO. It really disadvantaged the leading driver.

Fuck me, i fell asleep at about the time they said the race will restart. At least i woke up to catch the final 15 laps or so. Gonna side with the general consensus that Alonso and Button is racing incident, no one at fault based on the reports i've read so far. Who says all Ferrari supporters are idiots? :lol:

Anyway...

FUCK YEA BUTTON BESTEST WIN SO FAR. And once again Ferrari shit race by the standards we expect. But finally Massa shows some balls though rainy days were never his favourite. Schumacher shows his 1337 defensive driving, but DRS zones worked against him.

The double DRS zone didn't work IMO. It really disadvantaged the leading driver.
Isn't the entire point of DRS to give the leading driver a disadvantage? :unsure:

Crazy race.
One thing that struck me is that almost every racing series F1, Nascar, Indycar, etc... seem to be reasonable enough to red flag a race when it gets wet.
However all of them for whatever reason seem to insist on waiting until it's way dryer than is useful for full wets before restarting again.
This annoyed me today and this has annoyed me in the past with other series, Indycar at Brazil waited until you could go out on slicks two years ago for example. :?
If they'd only waited long enough for full wets rather than inters they could probably have started 15-30 minutes earlier.

?6 pitstops (One for a puncture) one drive through, two collisions none of which was (arguably) his fault and that put him 21st and last....and he wins it. Drive of the decade NO DOUBT. No one has the right to say Jb cant race/overtake or is a "has been" any more. :)