Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

I.... Was....

Offered and accepted a job.

That is all. (Yes, a company actually hired me.)

I actually also got a job.

Baggage handler in Keflavik Airport.

I got a job too! Service technician at a candy factory. Not Willy Wonka's though. To add some clarity, i will be working with service, maintenance and improvements on the machinery.

It's actually nothing super stellar.

It's just a crew position at McDonalds for experience.

It's actually amazing that I found a job that isn't career-level in the summer. It's pretty tough to find a job in this town. >:

(Also, thank you Ashspet.)

It looks like a few others got jobs too though, and to that I say congrats! xD

Last edited:
I have a job interview with a school in Kiev, Ukraine.
The only reason I chalk it up as an achievement, is because of the rather time-consuming three-stage application process.

OOO btw ... I have to drive for 50 km to get TO work ... and those wonderful 50 km again! home.

and its soooooooooo damn booring!!! We're talking 40 km of just lava and moss.

Basement storage room flooded due to a broken sump pump. Chicago had a massive rainstorm last night, and the pump just shit the bed. Backup pump didn't run because there were intermittent power outtages due to downed trees. So I installed a new sump pump with a 7 hr battery back up myself.

1265912504535_FUCK_YEA_s553x473_59716_580_i_heard_that_s268x226_59840_580_Microwave_Grape_Plasma_s268x226_69408_535_RE_Supermarket_Bag_Guy_with_Mad_Skills-s268x226-185992.png

My interview with the school in Kiev went decent.
It felt funny wearing a dress pants, shirt, and tie for a Skype interview, though. haha

I'll have a final interview with the director in a few days.

It felt funny wearing a dress pants, shirt, and tie for a Skype interview...

Why bother wearing dress pants for a Skype interview?

I'd sit at my desk buck naked, just because I could.

I.... Was....

Offered and accepted a job.

That is all. (Yes, a company actually hired me.)

I actually also got a job.

Baggage handler in Keflavik Airport.

I got a job too! Service technician at a candy factory. Not Willy Wonka's though. To add some clarity, i will be working with service, maintenance and improvements on the machinery.

Congrats all around to earning money! I'll be joining the lot of you employed folk Monday when cinema training begins.

Got a new job about 2 weeks ago. Working in a college library working circulation and archives.

full time 9 bucks an hour. not too shabby for having graduated with a history degree a month ago

Got a new job about 2 weeks ago. Working in a college library working circulation and archives.

full time 9 bucks an hour. not too shabby for having graduated with a history degree a month ago

I just graduated with a History degree this month!
Can you tell me how you came across this job opportunity?
Other than the pay, it sounds pretty nice!

Thanks!

So, I got the job in Kiev.

The contract (if I accept) is for $1,700 USD, but the apartment rent is about $600 USD (without utilities) and is not covered by the school.

What do you guys think?

Can you find cheaper rent?

I'll just post their description:

We provide an assistance in finding the apartment.
Approx monthly rental cost is around 385 US dollars for one room apartment depending on its quality (the utility bills are not included) plus the commission fees to the rental agency (regularly 50% of one month rental cost)

How do you get to 600 dollars from there?

EDIT: Is the 1700 Dollars before or after taxes? 1700 Dollars (20400 Dollars/year) with all taxes paid sounds like quite a good deal for a first job after graduating. If it's before taxes I'd first find out how much of this money will actually end up in your account before making any descisions.

Regarding the rent: It is quite common in most European metroplitan areas to pay around 50% or your income for housing costs, no matter if it's rent or paying off bought property. This figure, by the way, is stable across most incomes as people making more money tend to live in bigger appartments/houses. Thus, even if you'd really have to pay 600 bucks for a one-room appartment (did you get an estimate for the utility bill or did you just add 200+ Dollars to the quote given?) it'll be a good deal.

Oh, by the way, did you research cost of living in Kiev? That's a major factor as well. If cost of living are the same as in, say, London or Switzerland, you'll starve on this pay. If they are like here in Berlin, you'll have a good, but modest life. If they are even lower, you'll live like a king.

Last edited: