-ZR1 Shocks & springs
-F55 Suspension knob on Console
-ZR1 ceramic brakes
-ZR1 wheels
-ZR1 rear spoiler
-ZR1 front splitter
-Carbon fiber rocker panel extensions

Found this on Chevy's site about the Z07 package:
"The Z07 Performance Package includes Brembo? carbon-ceramic brakes, Michelin? Pilot? Sport PS2(TM) tires, 20-spoke Competition Gray wheels on 19-inch front and 20-inch rear rims along with Magnetic Selective Ride Control. "

Also riding on these tires (not correct size):
michelin-pilot-sport-cup-tyres.jpg

I think that is pretty damn impressive no matter how you cut it, or what type of car you are a fan of. 20 seconds is a lifetime (or two). Kind of makes me wonder how much the ZR1 has left in it...

Thoughts?

*have not found yet if PTM was on, and if so what setting was used.

Last edited:
The Z06 is an amazingly well-balanced track car. I've been to the NCM's track days event at VIR several times and there are a really large number of Z06s there every time. While the ZR1 is much, much faster on the straights (184 to 172 at the Nurburgring straight), the Z06 is better balanced for the corners.

That's certainly impressive for a FR chassis. The grip at some places is astonishing.

Still prefer the Z06 over the ZR1 (don't know why, underdog maybe), so this makes me somewhat happy.

Oh, and people aren't checking this thread cuz everyone is bored with Ring lap times. Rightly so.

I've always found the Z06 styling better than the ZR1, but what makes it better through the corners than the ZR1?

Supercharger and plumbing add significant weight to the nose.

And the supercharger is high up too.

Still prefer the Z06 over the ZR1 (don't know why, underdog maybe), so this makes me somewhat happy.

Oh, and people aren't checking this thread cuz everyone is bored with Ring lap times. Rightly so.

I wasn't talking about how many people viewed the thread.

I think the fact that this thread has over 130 views and only 3 replies speaks volume. Oh well, the Corvette just keeps gettin' it done, whether people like to admit it or not.

Bad Bowtie said:

Wait, what? This isn't all that important, and I gladly admit a mistake, but aren't those your exact words? I can't really think of any other interpretation, other than you sounding a little smug, no offense (seriously no offense).

Last edited:
And the statement that people, quite rightly, don't care about ring times stands, whether you're talking about views or comments.

I don't care what times a street car does around the Ring. It doesn't tell me anything about how it will behave on a typical track, nor does it tell me about driving behaviors on the street. I care what drivers I trust say about the character of the car.

I don't care too much about Nurburgring times because the track is too long. It's too much about the driver. A short track that is "easy" to drive that favors both handling and power will give a much better idea of what car is actually faster. It helps if the track is in a predictable, mild climate, which Germany isn't. Laguna Seca is a good one, though it does favor power and in particular, acceleration, a little more than handling, it's still a good balance, and with wonderful weather almost all the time.

Wait, what? This isn't all that important, and I gladly admit a mistake, but aren't those your exact words? I can't really think of any other interpretation, other than you sounding a little smug, no offense (seriously no offense).

Slightly smug (since I am a big Corvette fan :D), but I was really speaking towards the amount of views to posts. I'd rather not start an argument, so I'm going to use a little bit of foresight to say I'm just going to avoid saying what I want to. I tried to write it a couple times, but it came off very different than how I meant it every time.

And the statement that people, quite rightly, don't care about ring times stands, whether you're talking about views or comments.

I don't care what times a street car does around the Ring. It doesn't tell me anything about how it will behave on a typical track, nor does it tell me about driving behaviors on the street. I care what drivers I trust say about the character of the car.

Very good point, both actually.

I don't care too much about Nurburgring times because the track is too long. It's too much about the driver. A short track that is "easy" to drive that favors both handling and power will give a much better idea of what car is actually faster. It helps if the track is in a predictable, mild climate, which Germany isn't. Laguna Seca is a good one, though it does favor power and in particular, acceleration, a little more than handling, it's still a good balance, and with wonderful weather almost all the time.

I've kind of felt that way for a while, but I think the Ring times have their place.

I've never really loved the ZR-1, but for some reason, I find the Z06 a lot more appealing. With the ZR-1 suspension bits, its probably going to get even better! I'd probably take the new Z06 just for the LS7! The interior seems to be much better too, though the center stack still looks cheap. I was in one at the auto show last year and apart from the center stack, the rest of the interior is actually pretty good.

Last edited:
I think we're at a point now, where Nurburgring times are just boring, changing out tyres and suspension does not account for dozens of other variables. Manufacturers try and sell you on the idea of one car being faster than another, these tyres are better, it's just a marketing tool. There are too many variations in the track, to be able to make confident claims about anything, really.

I'm bored with comparing Nurburgring times.

The interior seems to be much better too, though the center stack still looks cheap. I was in one at the auto show last year and apart from the center stack, the rest of the interior is actually pretty good.

In 2008 they changed the seat bolsters. I liked the old seats best, but the newer interior looks better.