Best Android apps

Anybody got any experience with Honeycomb yet? I'm currently deciding whether to get an EeePad Transformer, I played around with one in a store today and like the device a lot; but I'm not sure the platform will already do what I want from it.

I know there are a lot of ebook apps, that should be covered. What I'm more interested in though are two things: video playback (and possibly streaming), and RSS feeds (Google Reader). Google has a native Reader app for Android phones, but it's not ported to Honeycomb UI so far, afaik; are there any comparable apps out there? And for video playback, I haven't been able to even properly play Futurama on my HTC Desire with any of the apps I tried, which is annoying; is Honeycomb any different there?

The worst thing is probably that all this thinking is almost making the basic iPad 2 look quite good to me... it's got VLC for all video demands, iBooks is quite good, and Reeder is a very good Google Reader app. Also, has Skype got video calls on Android yet?

We just had this discussion in the main Android thread, check in there and go back a page or two. ;)

How does VLC work on iPad? Rather, how do you get the videos onto it? I understood you had to sync and convert through iTunes which means you'd just end up using the built in player.

Sorry to not be helpful but this is why I went with a Windows tablet, does whatever the hell I want it to.

Any app can sync files throught iTunes, when you install VLC you can get any video files over. You still have to sync them manually, ideally I'd want the thing to stream them from my homeserver via Samba.

About Windows tablets: sure, those are best choice for flexibility. I've also tried the Acer Iconia W500 in a shop; after using Windows on my desktop for ages, I just can't bear how slow it is on that sort of hardware, and tablets with more "proper" insides (Eee Slate) are bigger, double the price, and have lower battery life.

That's the exact tablet I have and I was impressed by its speed :dunno:

But that's coming from an Atom-based netbook. Also according to reviews, early versions were laggy and this was fixed by driver updates.

Good info on app syncing, wasn't aware of that. Certainly makes it a lot more viable.

$5.

I hate paid apps with no trial. I like this company's games. This is causing conflicting emotions.

A thought: Grand Prix Story is essentially the same thing as GT5 B-spec. Except way better.

Has anyone gotten the "last" car yet? I am waiting to upgrade every spec with aura. The Durability is still low though...

Damn you people, I've spent a decent amount of time on it and am still on the first car :lol:

I have the 'B' Aero car and i've won the top championship, dunno how to get the A car.
But I need to win a few more races... which involves something very Kairosoft. :D

Last edited:
Hmm, to buy or not to buy...

Still have one race to go, it's a bitch.
Once you've blitzed through it, I dunno if theres much replay value.

Game Dev you constantly have to evolve, otherwise sales suffer. Hot Springs, you can always improve layout.

This you kinda figure out what to use. In both body/engine/drivetrain setup. You'll win up until the last two races.
Where it involves you shredding the cars and developing the same car again, which gets better specs.
All I have left to do is grind the last sponsor. Which will hopefully help me for the final race.

One thing I wish all Kairosoft games had was a turnbased multiplayer mode. I think that would be awesome.

Last edited:
There is a lite version of the game for those who just want to see what it's about.

There is a lite version of the game for those who just want to see what it's about.

That must have been added not long ago?
Yeah, if people wanna try it. You get to play 1 full game year.

Finished the lite version and liked it, so ended up buying the full one. Its pretty damn addictive.