[17x01] June 26th, 2011

[17x01] June 26th, 2011

• Total voters
Oh I forgot to say - I too have joined the Amy Williams fan club. ...

Georgeous/fit body/nice bum (like 11/10 nice), friendly and not thick - what more can you want?

Agreed. It's the kind of bum I'd like to put things in.

I said that out loud, didn't I?

Main problem with the episode: I know Amy Williams is a hottie :)wub:), but CLARKSON YOU OAF, DON'T CUT OVER A RALLY CHAMPION! :mad:

It's good to see the show back though, and a good episode overall. 9/10.

10/10

Marauder: The funniest segment of this episode. I loved the grins on the pedestrians' faces. Marauder towing a towing-car :lol: . The explosion test was awesome, when H3 blew up I laughed at it so much because it deserved and the Marauder just kept on driving.

The News: Informative enough to convince me that it was great. That website is nice, I hope similar version of that site would exist in my country, it gives a lot of great information that I need.

1M: I found Tron-ish special effects a bit lame (much the same like the LFA test they did a couple of series ago) but despite that, it went on to be a splendid review after all. "Like having a permission to set Piers Morgan on fire" (or sth like that) comment nearly had me rolling on the floor :lol: .

Mini/BMW-Mini Countrymen: Possibly my favorite segment of this episode. It had everything to please my wishes. Nice memory lane about the original Monte Carlo Rally Mini done by James and I absolutely agree with him about owning the original Mini at least once in the lifetime. The Countrymen Rally car was a big surprise. Amy is gorgeous. Kris Meeke is awesome as well, don't forget him :D . The cinematography was Top Gear at its best.

The E-type anniversary and The Eagle Speedster: One word - Fantastic.

Last edited:
Main problem with the episode: I know Amy Williams is a hottie :)wub:), but CLARKSON YOU OAF, DON'T CUT OVER A RALLY CHAMPION! :mad:

That would be my biggest problem with the episode as well. I know Clarkson's reaction to Amy was done for laughs, but the way they cut off any attempt to hear the other side was a bit annoying. Maybe they'll include that interview as an 'extra' on the DVDs or something.

I really don't understand why they didn't test the 1 series M against it's main rival: the Audi RS3. I mean there are really not that many cars like this out there, so it would have been the logical thing to do. They are almost the same in terms of power, price and build quality and crucially attract the same kind of people.

Was the mini used at the start of the mini film the 'resteration rip-off' winner? Could of finally made it to air?

I was wondering/hoping it would have been, but alas, it doesn't appear to be that way. I looked at the old film and the Ripoff mini had 66 on the side and a different number plate

-Mike

sorry if this has already been mentioned, but has anyone else noticed how the marauder segment was already in the preview for season 16 - and finally made it into season 17 which needed to be thrown together in a hurry?

I really don't understand why they didn't test the 1 series M against it's main rival: the Audi RS3. I mean there are really not that many cars like this out there, so it would have been the logical thing to do. They are almost the same in terms of power, price and build quality and crucially attract the same kind of people.

They did in the most recent TG mag. The Audi is faster in the real world, more practical and safer.

And they'd buy the 1M.

SIARPC - Sorry to say but I hadn't heard of him before, but it was a good interview. The blonde girls behind him were cute. - 9/10 (for blonde girls).
Yes! I meant to say that but I forgot.
I completely forgot about Alice because of the background :D

they could have used really worthless cars like Renaults or Citroens, but not an Alfa
Ghehe, well as much as I like Alfa, I prefer Citro?n and Renault (well, not all of them obviously). So there will be someone disagreeing with the choice of car anyhow.

If they had just used a Hyundai or a Kia or something...
Eitherway, if it were up to me it'd be a Mitsubishi Carisma. Or rather two of them.
But that's just me.

I'm usually very much against patriotism. But the enthusiasm of Jeremy and the over-the-topness of it all made it a pleasure to watch. And watching this on a huge beamer screen made it look very, very impressive.

sorry if this has already been mentioned, but has anyone else noticed how the marauder segment was already in the preview for season 16 - and finally made it into season 17 which needed to be thrown together in a hurry?

Yes, it has been mentioned, about eight billion times. No, Season 17 was not thrown together in a hurry, since Jeremy announced at the end of Season 16 that they'd be back in June. Yes, sometimes segments get pushed back due to time constraints; Shelley seems to keep a running tab of those which she occasionally posts when a situation like this arises (two examples: Richard's Toyota i-Real piece got pushed back one series, and James' Alfa 159 race against a very wet man at the Humber got pushed back two years).

Can we please stop talking about this?

Indeed, plus Richard's armoured Fiat Panda film will never be broadcast and the Titanic sank.

Now back to the Studio......

Oh I forgot to say - I too have joined the Amy Williams fan club. ...

Georgeous/fit body/nice bum (like 11/10 nice), friendly and not thick - what more can you want?

Yup. A smart, good looking girl with a natural look/feel on the exterior (gotta love that smile, *sigh*), a sense of humor and a total absence of arrogance on the interior is a pretty much unbeatable and - sadly - quite rare combination. :)

Ok, sorry. AmyWilliamsFTW-mode off.

S.

A properly great episode...EXCEPT...they need to buy the sound guy some new CD's. If I hear that bloody Batman music one more time! :mad:

Did someone sat Batman?

batmobility_1931035i.jpg

^^TRON, not Batman. :p

I personally think that the music used in Top Gear is excellent.

I think the reason why they use soundtracks all the time is so they don't have to remove to vocals, which takes time and doesn't always yield perfect results.

Last edited:
I know this isnt the music thread but was those the songs from Kick Ass and Little Big Planet too?

Every series 16 episode featured a Kick-Ass song... my fave part about 16. :p

something is wrong here, nobody has come in here an rated a "1" yet (or even anything below a "6" up to this point) Is there no troll bait out?

It's a series opener, it always gets a "OMFG TG IS BACK!!!!!!! Best episode ever!!!!!"

It's a series opener, it always gets a "OMFG TG IS BACK!!!!!!! Best episode ever!!!!!"

That's where you're wrong. Even ahpadt gave it a 7! :p

That's where you're wrong. Even ahpadt gave it a 7! :p

That's more to do with most other TV show sucking, and this one even when kinda half-sucking, is still way more interesting than most other stuff out there.

They did in the most recent TG mag. The Audi is faster in the real world, more practical and safer.

And they'd buy the 1M.

The M gets more air time, thats all I needed to know from that review.