Top Gear cleared over Mexican comments

Why the hell did this debate have to be resurrected?!

facepalm_mark3.jpg

^ You feckless, farting, stupid piece of shit. If I woke up and found that I was you, I'd kill myself .. but I'd fail, because I'd be a complete retard ... who wears a blanket.

This is effectively what Hammond said of Mexicans. It went way further than suggesting I am a criminal, because of my country's convict past; that every Egyptian wants to sell you carpet at a "special price"; or that Englishmen are unwashed, gullible, whinging, chinless wonders with bad teeth.

I am confident that you will not find this offensive, as you obviously have a very thick hide and believe that Mexicans should have same. :wave:

On the off chance that you do have human sensibilities, I was just using you as an example ... I know nothing about you in all honesty and that was not a personal attack.

You forgot Americans in there. We're rebellious, fat, spoiled morons. =)

I think I can top that...:D

[video=youtube;e2K-_2AHYh0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2K-_2AHYh0[/video]

Even South Park did a joke in one episode where the kids are forced to visit "The Museum of Tolerance" and mistake a sleeping Mexican janitor for one of the exhibits. To the best of my knowledge I don't recall there being an uproar over that scene.

Yeah, but we can get away with that. Mexico's right next door, and we can sure as hell make it harder for them to get into the country, Political fallout be damned!

Pleople who got upset for this shit are just assholes, we make a lot of jokes about other countries and when they say shit about us they get mad, I could push a fkn 2meters long stick up in the ass just for being a bunch of whiny people.

I didnt get mad about this, I even laughted because somehow its true but not at all, thing is, that is how foreings see us and most of us doesnt give a shit about it and continue to be lazy.

Mexican media si so fucked up, they can brag about lots of shits but when they want something to be wrong they just do it. I can tell that this was just a "take another way" to distract the people for a while about drug wars and all that crap. Like when Rainbow Six Vegas 2 or Ghost Recon (cant remember which one) made a game replicating mexico city and politicians and the media were all that mad. Fuck them in the neck twice! I enjoyed the game!

I'm mexican, im lazy (been sitting on my bed for the last month due to university vacations and a few trips coming) but i work hard as hell to get my degree at one of the top 3 mexican universities(most expensive too), gotta wake up early (depending on my class schedule) make my own stuff, go to class and all that crap that most lazy people wont do.

Mis 50 centavos!

Last edited:
The insults should have been quite obvious that they were jokes because of how over the top they were. I know the lads at Top Gear can be arrogant, brash, and childish at times, but when it comes to matters like stereotyping entire ethnic backgrounds and cultures, they are far more learned about that.