Australian V8 Supercars

Adelaide is one of the few V8 Supercar races I'll watch because it never fails to provide a great race.

Couldnt understand Holdsworthy's stop for slicks there. Number one rule is to never go out on the wrong tyres because the time you lose trundling around can be easily overcome by others on the right tyre. They were talking about it clearing in 5 minutes, but that's 5 minutes on the wrong tyre losing pressure and temperature and probably giving away 40-50 seconds or the time of a pitstop. And you increase the risk of bundling it in the fence like he ended up doing, and it was blatently obvious thats where he was going to end up. Davison wasn't going back out there until they fitted the wets again and not the slicks like his team wanted.

Great disciplined race from Whincup!

Us Kiwis won't blame the Aussie for being stupid...:lol:
But there really was no logic to that at all, he ain't gonna gain anything with a track that wet...

I can't really remember the calendar of the V8s, but Adelaide at March, and Bathurst and Surfers Paradise around October, are races that I never miss!

The race on Saturaday was awsome, and the heavens decide to open it up a bit to make Sunday even better~!

Holdsworth was early by about 5 to 10 minutes. It cleared up after that but he should have been patient instead stuffed it into Turn 8. Turn 8, that is a beast on its own.

SHANE !!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Finally!!!!!

Congrats Mr. Giz and SBR. Well deserved :)

I thought when Holdsworth took second that it was over for Gizzy, but after the safety car he turned it up another notch and took home the victory. I don't think #2 will take as long as this one did.

I saw that live, my god it was brutal. I heard Reindler has some slight burns but is otherwise okay.

That's one of those accidents that you'd expect to see in Hollywood movies and people who saw it would go 'yeah, that's totally not something that would not happen in real life'. Scary stuff, especially the in-car from Steve Owen's car...

Scary stuff, especially the in-car from Steve Owen's car...

link? i wanna see that

edit: found it

[video=youtube;Tt6X5--mbOw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt6X5--mbOw[/video]

Last edited:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fco_TT2XjcA[/youtube]

A very similar crash from 2000 Oran Park. Thoguh this one seems a little worse.

Well done Shane! Lucky with the safety car, but the stategy won out in the end.

His drifting skills are improving! :D More than half that cool-down lap was spent sideways ;)

Well done Shane! Lucky with the safety car, but the stategy won out in the end.

His drifting skills are improving! :D More than half that cool-down lap was spent sideways ;)

Love the Giz !!!