Random Thoughts....

In the course of 5 minutes the weather went from sunny and clear enough that I was sunbathing to a thunderstorm complete with lightning within a mile of me and rain. I was all relaxed and enjoying myself, too.

Sat eating my dinner (cooked lots as I was hungry.) Mum walks past and said "eating for two?"

Aww... :comfort:

Now, according to Speedtouch/that infamous ass post, you're hot now go out there and find somebody to have that dinner with you. On second thought, that probably isn't relevant but hey, a compliment from a stranger is always good. Even if it is slightly perverted.

It's always nice to be complimented by a stranger, especially when they're cute.

I went ahead and went to the ribfest and watched the band, they are called The Fortunate Sons, and they were an excellent CCR tribute band. The singers voice was just right, as was his mannerisms.

And they had three go-go girls with wide hips. I like wide hips. :|

Even better, there was no admission to the park, so I watched the 1 1/2 hour concert for free, only paying for $5 for a very foamy glass of MGD. And the shuttle parking was near my house, and the area was seldom used, so I didn't have to be crowded in.

So overall, a crappy work day, but REALLY great after work! :D

We have 'Creedence Clearwater Recycled' here, watched them many a time up at Panton Hill. They are the dead image of CCR. Great music, great times.

The article is complete and utter bullshit but that is gold. The Chinese hate the number four because it means death and on top of that, 24 means 'easy to die'. Either this guy is really stupid or he is just spiting China. Of course, if it is as he said 'All to do with the Chinese' then that would be hilarious. :lol:

Hah, oh this. Yeah, my dad won't even buy a used car if it's license plate has any sequence of 2 and 4 in it, and also why he keeps wanting to change our license plates so that our last 3 numbers are 168.

Interesting an' eventful week so far.

Me nephew's been staying wi' us. His mother, me sister's been off her tit's on Diazepam 'cause her legs aren't working.
I beat Kenny up again.
Made an awesome Victoria Sponge sammich cake wi' loads of fresh cream. :)

Int meantime, we have the mother of all hippy weddings some point on Satday afternoon. Soon as I smell patchouli am' fucking off out the way. o_O

Whose leg do I have to hump around here Who do I have to PM to order a Finalgear window cling? I sent Quiky a message but from what I understand, he's taking a leave of absence.

Int meantime, we have the mother of all hippy weddings some point on Satday afternoon. Soon as I smell patchouli am' fucking off out the way. o_O

The first wedding I went to was a hippie wedding. For the reception, they had some bearded, Birkenstock-wearing Weird Al lookalike who played "Amazing Grace" on an acoustic guitar at 3 times the tempo. I wanted to punch him in the face.

A "slow worm" is a lizard? I have not heard of these. :blink:

isn't that a bit of a tautology? unless there's a fast worm that i don't know about...

I arrived at Coventry for a conference. Right now I am sitting on my bed in a Bed & Breakfast close to the University, which means miles away from anywhere else.
What? As I remember it, the Uni is in the centre of town.

-No less than three teenage mums rode on the bus with me.
Well, yeah you are in the UK.

EDIT: Giving a talk on war, of all things, in Coventry, of all places
:blink:
I hope you will at least mention the Fawlty Towers episode. Actually, you could have a lot of fu with it. Give your talk on it, but don't mention it. In fact, that's your FG Challenge :D

Coventry - er I think they may just about forgiven Germans, was pretty nasty there though. One of the reasons I have no sympathy for Germans winging about Dresden, what the hell did they expect?

BTW real reasons for Dresden - 1. Let Germans know they lost and do not try it again, no one was going to wait 20 years for round 3, and 2. Let the Russians know that we had been really give it go by the bomber campaign and let the Russians know not to start against the West as there would be a war of quite a different sort. (Germany did not have a 4 engine heaver bomber force).