Beer

OH YEAH

pennant.JPG

110626_154854.jpg

110626_154718.jpg

These are a few of the ones that I have recently had. The Otter Creek is just pure amazing and is from '08. The Dragons Milk is smooth and an easy drink for being 10%.

Last edited:
Have tried some new beers (for me) today:

la+trappe+witte+trappist.JPG

Extremely drinkable, I only bought one bottle but I guess you could drink litres of it without even realising it, but somehow it lacked something in the taste department. BTW, my bottle wasn't cloudy at all, in fact it was extremely clear, almost as much as a Munich helles.

schneider_weisse_tap7-163x300.jpg

This was the opposite, probably the darkest (not dunkel) wheat beer I've ever tried. The flavour was also different compared to that of you 'regular' wheat beer. Didn't like it that much.

pagoa+baigorri.JPG

Beeradvocate classifies it as an 'Irish Red Ale', and it tasted better than the other 'Irish Red Ale', Murphy's Red, which is widely available here in Spain. It tasted of coffee and liquorice, but everything felt a little bit watered down.

After that I revisited the Hoegaarden:

HoegaardenBlanche.jpg

One of my favorite wheat beers before having tried my current favorite, the Weihenstephaner. After having drunk the other three beers almost in a row I kind of made a mess of opening it, and it poured with lots and lots of foam. The beer itself it's extremely drinkable, almost like drinking a beer mixed with lemonade, but imho it can't compete in terms of taste, smell or mouthfeel with the aforementioned Bavarian wheat beeer.

Widmer Brothers Nelson Imperial IPA has all the flavor of a double/imperial IPA without the crazy hop bite. I'm torn between loving that and hating that it doesn't assault my taste buds, especially after having a bottle of Stone Ruination IPA last week.

I have something tasty coming my way in a couple of days and perhaps something special as well!

Tasty things arrived, but the special thing did not... My older sister and her husband took a little vacation to Colorado Springs and brought me back some beer. Stone Ruination, Stone Belgo Anise Russian Imperial Stout, and Russian River Damnation... they missed out on some Pliny the Elder by a day :(.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cl/clockwerk/2011/07/08/stoneRR.JPG

Last edited:
100_0457a.jpg

Oh my.

This is delicious. Its 12% but it drinks like a 6%. Oh my indeed.

If you ever find Lancaster Milk Stout, definitely try it. Personally I think it tastes even better than Left Hand's.

100_0457a.jpg

Oh my.

This is delicious. Its 12% but it drinks like a 6%. Oh my indeed.

google tells me it's brewed in the town in work (harelbeke), yet i've never heard of it :shock:

Got a crate of this: Astra Rotlicht. Actually wanted Astra Urtyp ... but they were out ... so bought the stronger brother (6%).

http://img215.imageshack.**/img215/3320/rotlicht.jpg
Yum! I'm getting 2 of those delivered to the ringmeet! :D

Had a few beers today. Beck's on tap was one of the most disgusting beer experiences I've ever had. After that things only got better and better....

This was pretty good:

st-bernardus-tripel1.jpg

This was great:

151473692_0e4b39bd72.jpg

And this was awesome!

val-dieu.jpg