2011 Formula 1 Season Thread

EDIT: This video indeed will make HAM unpopular with McLaren's staff, if he really brought Ice-T into the pits. On the other hand, this might become one of the most favourite videos in backbencher design departments. There are some nice shots of the McLaren's rear around the 1:20 mark.

where does it say it was hamilton who got him in? in another vid Ice-T made at the startstrip, he was constantly talking about 'his friend' adrian sutil

where does it say it was hamilton who got him in? in another vid Ice-T made at the startstrip, he was constantly talking about 'his friend' adrian sutil

Sutil would have a hard time getting Ice-T into the McLaren garage. The Sunday Times claimed that Ice-T was one of two rappers in Hamilton's "entourage". I have no other source for this, which is why I said "if he really brought..."

I wanna know who the fake blonde with the fake gigantic boobs is at 0:55...

Sutil would have a hard time getting Ice-T into the McLaren garage. The Sunday Times claimed that Ice-T was one of two rappers in Hamilton's "entourage". I have no other source for this, which is why I said "if he really brought..."

Well Rihanna got in there too.......

edit:
http://planetf1.com/off-on-f1/7015848/Schu-s-Sekret-Tageblog-Petrov

Not sure how many of you frequent Planet F1, but the lastest "Schuey Blog" is rather amusing

Just read it and LOOOOOOOOOL <3 schumi even more. Ahahah. I didn't understand the comedian reference though =.="

Last edited:
True to form, the weather for this weekend's GP looks very much British. By that I mean crap.

Though I'm doubtful, I'm hoping the new regulations starting at Silverstone take away some of the dominance Vettel has been displaying. If Vettel does struggle from now on, I'm sure he'll win in the same way Jenson Button did in 2009.

The new regulations WILL NOT make red bull suffer anymore than the other teams. All those hopefuls out there just don't realize that its not one or two gimmicks that make the RB6/7 faster, its the entire packaging. To top it off, its designed by one of the most successful and - more importantly - clever engineers. Lolnewey would have found something to lessen the blow by this friday.

What makes a car fast in this age of F1 isn't 1 or 2 things like it was in the past (active suspension etc), its all the components and designs coming together and WORKING.

he'll be back.

i also noticed he's only active when there's a race on. in the meantime you don't hear him...

The Sunday Times had a scathing piece on how Lewis alienates everyone by his unprofessional behaviour since he sacked his father as a manager. Something about Ice-T standing in the way of Lewis' engineers at the Canadian GP, HAM making the contact with Horner through the catering staff (!!) and him wanting to leave McLaren, but Red Bull not wanting him. Sadly, the Times has a paywall so i can't link it to you - any Times subscribers here?

You support Rupert Murdoch?

Full update from AUTOSPORT. Sounding like a dry qualifying with a wet race.

Bands of persistent rain and frequent showers remain on the menu for the next four days as this low brings its worst to the UK. Friday will start dry, but with thick and threatening cloud cover above the circuit. Rain is expected to arrive from the south west just in time for the start of first practice and will last for much of the day. Both sessions will feature wet running, with the main band clearing by early evening. Temperatures will obviously suffer and struggle to reach 17 Celsius in the afternoon.

Saturday will start dry and there may even be a few sunny spells - especially early in the morning. Final practice will likely be the first dry session of the weekend, but all the while cloud will begin to build again from the west and there is a threat of scattered showers during the afternoon. Temperatures should recover slightly as a warmer air mass starts moving in from the south and reach 20 degrees as the battle for pole position hots up on-track.

While the rain risk in the latest numerical models is decreasing just slightly for Saturday, the flip side is a higher chance of showers on race day. Again, it will start dry with one or two sunny periods possibly in the morning during the support races, but heavy clouds will develop quickly and widespread scattered showers are currently forecast form during the afternoon right across the midlands and down towards London.

Shower development on Sunday will only really become clear on the day, but a race similar to the 2008 grand prix is a possibility, given the current forecast. Air temperature will climb to 20 or possibly 21 degrees Celsius.