Cool Videos

I got in trouble once in my early years of highschool for doing this exact thing in a particularly boring Social Studies class one afternoon, after one of my guy friends showed me at lunchtime how he was going to dispose of his split broken ruler. After trying it myself I got others doing it and soon there were wood splinters on the floor everywhere. :lol:

OK, how the hell did they do that? :blink:

What does English sound like to foreign ears?

We?ve all heard examples of fake Chinese or German from speakers who lack familiarity with either language. While typically cringe-worthy, these examples do raise interesting questions regarding our own language. What does English sound like to non-English speakers? After more than 40 years, Adriano Celentano?s ?Prisencolinensinainciusol? remains one of the most illuminating examples.

The entire song is nonsense verse, neither English nor Italian, but the sounds are meant to resemble English. Linguist Mark Liberman wrote an interesting post about this sort of thing over at Language Log discussing yaourter, the French word for an attempt to speak or sing in a foreign language that one doesn?t know all that well. This often involves trying to sing a foreign song with nonsense or random words filling in the blanks. Liberman shares this wonderful quote from a random Internet user:

Just for the story, in France, when we don?t speak English and we want to imitate the sound, we call it ?yaourter?(to yoghourt), the imitation sounds like a very nasal language, kind of like a baby crying. It mostly imitates the ?cowboy? accent.

That is so bizarre, yet so interesting.

Medal of Honor Cat video
They should have called it Cat of Duty.

But seriously, pretty much every vid from freddiew's channel deserves being posted in this thread, and most of them already are in here somewhere.

[video=youtube;K-Xvy1r4Pm8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Xvy1r4Pm8[/video]

I am anti Brussels and EU too.

Integrated Transport Lobby.

Last edited:
That's a great video! A lot lot better than most of the crap that's on TV today!

+rep to the first person that can tell me where the guy is from (not the singer, but the actor in the video part.... and don't IMDB it). I just thought it was pretty cool.