Stupid Driver Stories

I think I can beat that. This came up in my FB news feed the other day:

Going out attempting drifts and coming home with three tyres..

Okay, funny enough. What's funnier is that he's doing this in his car, which is a Vectra B automatic. Yep, FWD.

:lmao:

Hey, I learned how to get a '98 Camry to do amazing things in the snow.... of course it took two people to operate the steering, pedals, handbrake and gear shifter all at the same time*.

As I remember the steps:

1 - Find empty snowy parking lot
2 - Get up some speed
3.1 - Flick out the tail with the handbrake
3.2 - As the back comes around, let off the gas
3.3 - Switch to neutral
3.4 - Reverse the lock on the steering.
3.5 - Put car in reverse
3.6 - Wide open throttle
4 - Release handbrake
5.1 - As the front end comes around, let off the gas
5.2 - Switch to neutral
5.3 - Reverse lock
5.4 - Switch to drive
5.5 - Wide open throttle
6 - Release handbrake
7 - Repeat ad nauseum. Seriously, do this over an over until you a physically ill.

* - Offer not valid for Zaphod Beeblebrox.

Last edited:
I had about a 50 mile round trip drive today and I lost track of how many accidents I had to avoid.

Two stand out though. Driving south on I-75 at the US 23 junction the road splits off into the two different directions and there are signs well ahead of time. A guy in the right hand lane decides at the last minute the he doesn't want to go to US 23 after all and goes across two lanes, including pushing another guy out of his lane to avoid him, and I was just behind him and had to hit the brakes.

Farther down on US 23 the is a cop standing off to the side of a curve waving a road flare for people to move over and slow down. One douche bag apparently was not paying attention and rear ended another car really hard. It was behind us a bit as our exit was right there, but as soon as I heard it I looked and all I could see was plastic and dust flying everywhere.

Just remembered another. To the douche bag in the riced out Focus, you need to slow down from 90 to make the exit, or was it the cop car that surprised you into loosing control and parking the car off the exit ramp? Doesn't matter cause he watched you do it in his mirror.

This is it people, put down the cell phone or whatever else you are distracted by and pay attention to the fucking road. It is not that fucking hard to drive a car and keep it between the lines and not ram another car.

Farther down on US 23 the is a cop standing off to the side of a curve waving a road flare for people to move over and slow down. One douche bag apparently was not paying attention and rear ended another car really hard. It was behind us a bit as our exit was right there, but as soon as I heard it I looked and all I could see was plastic and dust flying everywhere.

Gee whiz. I hope nobody was hurt. I believe something like that falls under reckless endangerment.

Today I had a 90 mile round trip from Massillon to Independance, with half my trip on I-77 between Akron and Independance. Amazingly, about the worst I could point out was a few people following too close here and there. Okay, there was that one guy on 21 who tried to cut me off on the overtake after I signaled and began changing lanes (you know, was tailgating, no signal, but shoots over and tries to overtake after I began making my move). And I was driving during morning rush hour and the lunch rush.

Gee whiz. I hope nobody was hurt. I believe something like that falls under reckless endangerment.

Today I had a 90 mile round trip from Massillon to Independance, with half my trip on I-77 between Akron and Independance. Amazingly, about the worst I could point out was a few people following too close here and there. Okay, there was that one guy on 21 who tried to cut me off on the overtake after I signaled and began changing lanes (you know, was tailgating, no signal, but shoots over and tries to overtake after I began making my move). And I was driving during morning rush hour and the lunch rush.
This is what I tell people when they ask me why I like fast cars. Specifically so douche bags like that can't pull that kind of shit on me...

Just wondering: What fine does a horse get for running the redlight?

image-235403-galleryV9-poly.jpg

Had a close call today. Coming down a hill towards a red light in the right lane. Just before the intersection the car next to me in the left lane, not using his eyes or mirrors, decides to swerve into my lane so he can be first at the light. I swerve to the right and slam on the brakes and just manage to avoid slamming into his passenger door. He notices at the last minute and brakes as well. I continue on to the light and he pulls up behing me. With my blood still boiling and my brain not working I got out of my car and walked back to his. His window was down and I walked up and slapped his mirror and said "that's why cars have mirrors, if I hit had hit you I would have had a very bad day and yours would have been worse, open your fucking eyes!". Luckily he was too alarmed to do anything.

This is more of a stupid owner stories that driver:

The company I work with has a 2000 and something Ford Focus that employees use to go on-site at customer's places. It has got to be one of the worst maintained car I ever drove...

The quite bad:
The windshield is broken in multiple places, the electrics have a mind of their own (common issue with NA Focuses I guess) and nobody has any idea of where to find any sort of paperwork to take with in case a cop pulls you over (which they might, given its current state).

The really bad:
It has got the baldest tires ever fitted to a car, ever. I pulled up to an uphill stop somewhere around North Vancouver the other day, while under the glorious Vancouver weather (i.e. raining, but not too much). Anyway, when it's my turn to pass, I gently accelerate only to have the car spin its front tires. I knew the tires were quite bad so I was nursing the clutch but still, I got tire spin. At that point the sensible thing to do it shift into second right? Well, I still got tire spin... Third? Yup, still spinning... At that point the car was at least finally moving but I was looking like a fool that can't drive stick :'(

The state of the car has been signaled quite a few times, but the owner is too cheap to do anything about it...

Had a close call today. Coming down a hill towards a red light in the right lane. Just before the intersection the car next to me in the left lane, not using his eyes or mirrors, decides to swerve into my lane so he can be first at the light. I swerve to the right and slam on the brakes and just manage to avoid slamming into his passenger door. He notices at the last minute and brakes as well. I continue on to the light and he pulls up behing me. With my blood still boiling and my brain not working I got out of my car and walked back to his. His window was down and I walked up and slapped his mirror and said "that's why cars have mirrors, if I hit had hit you I would have had a very bad day and yours would have been worse, open your fucking eyes!". Luckily he was too alarmed to do anything.
Carry a bunch of driving school business cards with you and give them to people when they do that sort of thing. Instant hilarity :D

This is more of a stupid owner stories that driver:

The really bad:
It has got the baldest tires ever fitted to a car, ever. I pulled up to an uphill stop somewhere around North Vancouver the other day, while under the glorious Vancouver weather (i.e. raining, but not too much). Anyway, when it's my turn to pass, I gently accelerate only to have the car spin its front tires. I knew the tires were quite bad so I was nursing the clutch but still, I got tire spin. At that point the sensible thing to do it shift into second right? Well, I still got tire spin... Third? Yup, still spinning... At that point the car was at least finally moving but I was looking like a fool that can't drive stick :'(

I never understood why people ran their tires bald. I saw it all the time in Florida and in NoDak (even during the winter). And it wasn't always beaters, either.

I just had a pure WTF moment:

I stopped at a T-intersection before the stopping line, to look for oncoming cars. Then some old woman in a white Mazda3 driving on the road I was waiting to get onto, turned left into the road I was in. And the turn she made... she cut the corner completely, did a turn worthy of RHD countries, and headed directly at my direction. I was like "lolwut?", and beeped shortly to 'wake her up'. She then corrected, but only slightly, and passed about 5cm from the left side of my car.

I had this expression on my face for about ten seconds.

I never understood why people ran their tires bald. I saw it all the time in Florida and in NoDak (even during the winter). And it wasn't always beaters, either.

Most people don't know how to take care of a car and don't even know how to check such things. They are the real reasons we get car inspections. I don't know how many times I have seen people driving on really low tires, lights out, rods knocking, smoke pouring out of it, etc. etc..

and that is what kills me. where i live it rains live a siv every day. How in the hell can you drive around on bald tires? Its just stupid. Im just guessing that most of the time you see it on beaters is because they cant afford new ones.

and that is what kills me. where i live it rains live a siv every day. How in the hell can you drive around on bald tires? Its just stupid. Im just guessing that most of the time you see it on beaters is because they cant afford new ones.

Yeah I was visiting Jax and there was retarded downpours multiple times a day.

Accumulated stupid drivers since last I was posting:

Watch this one in high res and larger size - the driver signals right, moves left. Once completing the move, signals right again! Then stops as they roll out of sight.

This is not a double left turn lane.

At least this idiot waved after to show he was sorry.

Yes, this company got a nastygram and call about their driver's behavior. And yes, my helmet has a Bluetooth connection.

Last edited:
People really have no awareness of motorcycles on the road... and then they wonder why cyclists on the road is a bad idea, at least motorbikes have the ability to throttle out....

Yup. Though that reminds me, I think I have some relevant helmetcam footage of some stupid pedalbikists.

Edit: Found it, but it's not worth posting - while they're visible on camera, you can't really make out the cyclists well.

Last edited:
People really have no awareness of motorcycles on the road... and then they wonder why cyclists on the road is a bad idea, at least motorbikes have the ability to throttle out....

I cannot figure out why people are so stupid in regards to motorcycles. Maybe accidental merging into from the front due to poor visibility but there is no excuse for almost hitting the rear. I am very careful around motorcycles because if I hit a car I get a surcharge, if I hit a motorcycle I could get an assault or manslaughter charge. Personally I prefer to not be in jail.

First one: I find countless times that when I'm driving on a fairly bendy road and I get to a slower car in front of me, generally where there is no overtaking opportunity for kms, the car in front starts going faster than before right after I'm behind it. Of course it normally just don't reach the level of fast I would keep if it wasn't there (because those kind of cars and drivers are not the ones I get stuck behind for their slowness in the first place), so I just stay there and wait for either the road to open up a bit or for the car in front to get off of the way. The more I just stay there, the more the car in front tries to outpace me. It' very rare that the slower car in front just put an indicator right and let me pass just for the sake of it (remember I am speaking of twisty roads with as much as no overtaking opportunities for kms). Why?

Second one: some days ago I was following a car, and something just caught my attention. I could see the rear tires of the car from behind, and then, on their right, I could see the front tires too... I checked again... yes... this guy was driving around in a car where the front and rear wheels were by far not aligned...