Hammond: Naked Earth, coming 2011

shellygrrl

That looks like it'll be very interesting. I'll be on the look out for this when it airs :)

Yeah, I'd assume so. So look for it sometime during the summer, maybe concurrent with TG S17?

Ah, so they've updated it. Yesterday, around the time I made my previous post, I checked that link and the BBC Shop, and they still listed it as "Naked Earth". as I type this, they still haven't changed it here. Incidentally, I found a couple of articles about a visit the production team payed to California Memorial Stadium way back in August 2010 which provide a possible explanation for the title change:

A couple of weeks ago ? darn, how did we miss this? ? the BBC touched down by helicopter at California Memorial Stadium to film a segment for the show Naked Earth BBC series Naked Earth, which is likely to be renamed when it broadcasts in the US to avoid confusion with a National Geographic series.

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2010/09/08/bbc-pays-a-visit-to-memorial-stadium-by-chopper
http://www.ronchapple.com/bbc-naked-earth-aerial-production-in-san-francisco

Just one more little thing that I found, looks like the London Metropolitan Orchestra was brought in for the series' score: http://www.lmo.co.uk/lmo-record-with-ilan-eshkeri-for-bbcs-naked-earth

Richard Hammond's Journey to the Centre of the Planet
Tuesday 19 July
9:00pm - 10:00pm
BBC1
1/2, series 1
The Top Gear presenter embarks on a quest to explore the Earth's core, making use of satellite imagery, exotic location reports and a virtual 3D image of the planet, then peeling back the layers to reveal the complexities of the machine below. The Hamster begins in his home town of Ripon, North Yorkshire, where 25 years ago he witnessed his first geological phenomenon - a sinkhole - and goes on to explore where volcanos come from, why earthquakes happen and how sea turtles use the planet's magnetic field to navigate their way home.

Have you all seen the DVD's cover? I had forgotten that particular look. :lol:

I kinda liked that look ;) Better that the one he's got now :rolleyes:

Seems rather interesting. Must look for downloads since this'll probably never air in Finland and don't really want to invest on a dvd..

Has anyone found a good torrent for these episodes?

They haven't aired yet.

Richard Hammond's Journey to the Centre of the Planet
Tuesday 19 July
9:00pm - 10:00pm
BBC1
1/2, series 1
The Top Gear presenter embarks on a quest to explore the Earth's core, making use of satellite imagery, exotic location reports and a virtual 3D image of the planet, then peeling back the layers to reveal the complexities of the machine below. The Hamster begins in his home town of Ripon, North Yorkshire, where 25 years ago he witnessed his first geological phenomenon - a sinkhole - and goes on to explore where volcanos come from, why earthquakes happen and how sea turtles use the planet's magnetic field to navigate their way home.

Has anyone found a good torrent for these episodes?

Let's see...the show premieres on July 19th. According to my calendar, it's July 10th. Torrent sites may be good, but they're not that good.

Let's see...the show premieres on July 19th. According to my calendar, it's July 10th. Torrent sites may be good, but they're not that good.

Read it wrong, my bad.