2011 Formula 1 Season Thread

But why Perez? So many other better drivers out there.

Unless you were actually born in Italy, I don't see how your Blood can be Italian?

Dad was born there, mother's parent's were born there, my uncles and aunts live there, my cousins live there, I have Italian citizenship, we have property there, I speak it fluently, I work for an Italian company, I've read Dante, Boccaccio, and Petrarch....need I go on?

Massa is definitely going to be out of Ferrari. They are looking at Perez and Bianchi in a test in September. Honestly, I've seen it coming. For a guy who has been loyal to the team for years... Things come and go... WTF what about Koboyashi? Japanese drivers get no love at all...

I would love to see Kobayashi in a Ferrari.

Last edited:
But why Perez? So many other better drivers out there.

Personally I really rate Perez. Despite BBC's clear love fest for Paul di Resta, it is important to point out that despite having his points disallowed in Australia and missing two races, Perez is still the leading rookie this year.

Maybe he shouldn't go to Ferrari next year, he needs more experience first, but there's no reason for him not to be there in the future.

Dad was born there, mother's parent's were born there, my uncles and aunts live there, my cousins live there, I have Italian citizenship, we have property there, I speak it fluently, I work for an Italian company, I've read Dante, Boccaccio, and Petrarch....need I go on?

I would love to see Kobayashi in a Ferrari.

Do you have dual citizenship?

you just need an italian set of wheels! Chop a stang in for a Alfa.

I'd say whatever country you are born in is your nationality, regardless of all what you said. If you were born in Chicago, then your blood is not Italian, it's American. That's just my opinion.

Kimi : )

F1 is a very different place without Kimi.

you just need an italian set of wheels! Chop a stang in for a Alfa.

hehe my dad has an Alfa and is about to buy another. I actually plan on trading my WRX for a Fiat 500 next year this time...

I'd say whatever country you are born in is your nationality, regardless of all what you said. If you were born in Chicago, then your blood is not Italian, it's American. That's just my opinion.

On a purely cultural aspect I would agree but my blood would say otherwise.

Last edited:
Kimi Raikkonen is a legend shame Formula 1 pushed him away with all the commercial commitments that are around these days. I would say he has been the fastest driver in the last 10 years by far. His win in Suzuka a few years back coming back from the back and overtaking Fisichella I think it was in the last lap was amazing. Such a character as well, I always remember that Monaco GP when he had a car failure while running at the front, after which he walked to his yacht and went about partying in only the way Kimi can.

seems like RU is back now, under a complete new name.

but it seems that they've canned my account on the new site.

any invites available? thanks in advance.

ah, thanks for clearing that up : )

now i just need to remember which e-mail address that i used for registration : (

Unless you were actually born in Italy, I don't see how your Blood can be Italian?

that has nothing to do with it. im a 3rd generation american. Im Italian, my family is raised on the traditions of italy. This is a country full of people like that, its what makes the USA what it is. A melting pot.

that has nothing to do with it. im a 3rd generation american. Im Italian, my family is raised on the traditions of italy. This is a country full of people like that, its what makes the USA what it is. A melting pot.

There's a big difference between nationality and ethnicity. I don't think everyone here is understanding that. Your nationality is the country you were born in, period (unless you've gone through a naturalization program to another state). But your ethnicity is your cultural heritage.

Unfortunately these things are often the same word. "I'm Irish" can mean either "I was born in Ireland" or "I'm an Irish-American" because the language doesn't differentiate.