Rejoice, rejoice rejoice!

maybe Cameron will also be taken down by this then we can have Prime Minister BORIS

MAKE IT SO
boris1.jpg

What a lovely thought.

Alternatively, Liam Fox or Daniel Hannan.

Brooks being arrested by the Police is a very canny move on her part. Simply because when she goes to this thing tomorrow. anyone asks her a question she will just turn around and say "i'm sorry, i can't comment on this due to the ongoing police investigation" She planned this and i'm almost certain Murdoch probably had a hand in making it happen.

Also, i was pointed to this Daily Fail article which honestly made me laugh so much. In it, the writer claims that News Coporation isn't the biggest threat. its the BBC. ah, only in the Daily Fail could you take the concept of News International Phone Hacking and turn it into a piece of Anti-BBC bias. i've high-lighted some stand-out comments.
If Miliband is such a hero, why won't he tackle the REAL threat to our way of life - the BBC?
By Melanie Phillips
By common consent among political commentators, Ed Miliband?s lamentable leadership of the Labour Party has been miraculously transformed by the News of the World scandal. With the Prime Minister seemingly paralysed by his unwise friendships with now-compromised News International executives, the Labour leader has been making the political running. He has achieved this through the simple trick of demanding what had already become inevitable, such as the resignation of Rebekah Brooks or the termination of Rupert Murdoch?s bid for BSkyB. The result is that the formerly reviled Miliband has gone from zero to hero. Apparently intoxicated by the novel experience of not being scorned, he has now ratcheted up his demands by calling for News International to be broken up. But far from reinforcing his newly-discovered statesman credentials, this merely exposes his agenda as callow and partisan.
For sure, the News of the World did things that were wrong; and when the full extent of this behaviour is established, those responsible should be held to account, however high up the chain of command they happened to be. But why should it follow that News International should therefore be broken up? After all, it is possible to imagine that everyone involved in this affair ? including the entire Murdoch clan ? might be replaced by people with totally clean hands to run the company. The reason, says Miliband, is that Murdoch has ?too much power over British public life?. But this is transparently disingenuous. For there is a media oligarchy which exercises far more power in Britain than News International. And that is the BBC.
The BBC?s monopoly over the media is indeed a running scandal. After all, just imagine if News International had been given the legal power to levy a tax on everyone who bought a newspaper in order to fund the Murdoch empire. People wouldn?t stand it for a moment. It would be considered an utter abuse of democracy. Yet that is precisely the privileged position the BBC occupies. Ah, say its defenders, but the BBC is a public service broadcaster, and therefore of course merits a public subsidy as a great British institution which must be preserved at all costs. Well, that argument just won?t wash any more. For the BBC wraps itself in the heroic mantle of a public service remit which it has systematically betrayed.
That remit was to educate and elevate public taste, as well as to entertain. But for years now, the BBC has instead been playing to the lowest common denominator, competing in the ratings market as ruthlessly as any commercial broadcaster. In addition, it has also used its public subsidy to gain a wildly unfair competitive edge, with an enormous market share in television, radio and on the internet which has crowded out smaller competitors. Ofcom figures show that its share of TV news is more than ten times bigger than Sky?s and that BBC websites have ten times the market share. Indeed, since it is a direct competitor of BSkyB, the disproportion and relish with which the BBC has been reporting the News of the World scandal ? allowing it on some current affairs shows to drive out all other news ? leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. Moreover, the BBC?s role in all this is even more questionable when you factor in the real reason for Miliband?s double standard.
For his motives surely have precious little to do with any criminal behaviour or monopoly power. No, the real reason is that for the past three decades the Left has been desperate to bring Murdoch down. For such people, he is a hate figure of diabolical proportions. The venom and hysteria he inspires are truly irrational. He ignites passions far more incendiary than are generated by any tyrant or war criminal. Indeed, to them the Left turns a blind eye, while treating Murdoch as if he dismembers babies before breakfast. The reason is that he acts as a kind of lightning rod for Left-wingers ? the object of a massive displacement neurosis arising from all their rage and disappointment, not least with themselves.
For example, both Left-wing newspapers and the BBC blame Murdoch for the decline of standards in the media, from high seriousness to celebrity culture and tacky trivia. But at the BBC, that was the result of its own misguided response to the explosion of digital channels and the arrival of a cornucopia of broadcasting choice. And even high-minded newspapers such as the Guardian decided more than two decades ago to fill their pages with trivia because they judged that the general public was becoming dumber and shallower. No, Murdoch?s real crime in the eyes of the Left-wing intelligentsia is simply that he has stood in the way of their total capture of the culture. The dominance of Left-wing ideas has been such that even among so-called conservatives, many of them have become accepted as mainstream. And one of the most powerful architects of that shift has been the BBC. Even its own executives have sometimes been forced to admit that, far from the objectivity required by its public service remit, the BBC generally subscribes to a Left-wing ?group-think? which dictates the agenda both in its journalism and entertainment programmes.
With some honourable exceptions, whether in its drama, comedy, news reporting or current affairs, the BBC?s output rests upon certain articles of faith. For example, traditional Christians are all fundamentalist bigots; the science of man-made global warming is settled; opponents of mass immigration are racist; Eurosceptics are swivel-eyed fanatics; and all who oppose these opinions and more are Right-wing extremists. And then to add insult to injury, the BBC forces people to pay for the privilege of being told day in, day out that their own views are stupid or prejudiced.
What?s more, such is the enormous power and influence of the BBC through its reputation for trustworthiness and fairness that it has arguably moved the very centre of political gravity in Britain to the Left. By contrast, Murdoch?s popular papers have tended mainly to follow public opinion once voters? minds are made up. So they respond to and then amplify what people already think. But for the Left that is anathema, because nothing can be allowed to disrupt the great project to tell people what to think and shut down all opinion to the contrary. Murdoch?s empire has acted as at least a partial antidote to that agenda by defending America, Israel and the interests of the West. Which is why he provokes near-apoplexy on the Left. And which is why they are all slavering at the prospect of bringing down a media organisation which provided an element of competition to the true monopoly of the BBC and the Left-wing intelligentsia.
The great irony, of course, is that for all those years while this scandal was taking place, the Labour Party fawned over Murdoch and his lieutenants. While he was riding high, none of them saw fit to challenge the power they now purport to find so unacceptable. Only now Murdoch is lying bleeding on the ropes does Miliband flex his puny muscles. And they call that leadership. The Murdoch empire may need to be brought sternly to book over the hacking scandal. But the media monopoly that really has undermined and demoralised British society and deserves to be broken up is the BBC. And that is one monopoly over British public life which Ed Miliband unsurprisingly finds to be no abuse of power at all.
source: Daily Fail

Yes, the Sky reporter who they have rolled out to be interviewed to try to defend Murdoch Empire has slagged off the BBC too. WELL WHAT A LOAD OF OLD BALLS. Murdoch wanted some of the licence fee for the news bit of his organisation and the Tory/right wing do not see why the BBC should be funded as it is - hence the Daily Mail.

All I Cant say if Ukania wants another ITV channel (ITV = Quality, Value and C**P) then this is the way to get it. From having a TV and radio service the envy of the world (fairly well balanced, if not perfect - too 'green' if you ask me) we will end up with Fox News, CNBC and the like.

BBC said:
Former News of the World journalist Sean Hoare has been found dead at his home in Watford.

He told the New York Times the practice of phone hacking was far more extensive than the newspaper acknowledged when police first investigated the case.

Hertfordshire Police said the body of a man was found at an address in Langley Road, Watford, on Monday morning.

A police spokesman said the death was currently being treated as unexplained but was not thought to be suspicious.

The spokesman said: "At 10.40am today [Monday] police were called to Langley Road, Watford, following the concerns for welfare of a man who lives at an address on the street.

"Upon police and ambulance arrival at a property, the body of a man was found. The man was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after.

"The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but not thought to be suspicious. Police investigations into this incident are ongoing."

Source

This has really started to go downhill rather quickly, with that said it must be incredibly stressful for anyone wrapped up in a scandal of this size.

Last edited:
the rumour going around is that he was a coke head and the guilt of getting 200 people fired might have gotten to him.

the rumour going around is that he was a coke head and the guilt of getting 200 people fired might have gotten to him.

That's sad, if true and shows that someone in this mess has a conscience, which is more than can be said for Murdoch.

BBC News - Commons recess set to be delayed

This is to allow the MPs time to debate the testimonies of the Murdochs & Rebekah Books, plus the two senior cops who resigned and the whole saga so far.

I thought I'd better do a list of all the investigations related to the Murdoch mess and other related matters:

"Operation Weeting" - Met Police, criminal - phone hacking and other illeagal activities at News Int and other media organisations.

"Operation Elveden" IPCC using Met Police, criminal - illegal activites of Police officers related to Weeting operation.

Home Affairs Committee - Parliamentry - Looking into Police activities relating to the first investigation into the NotW and the later review in 2009.

CSM Committee - Parlimentary - Looking into the Media activities of News Int. related to the phone hacking investigations and subsequent coverups.

IPCC - Police Complaints Commission - FOUR investigations announced today against Commissioner Stephenson, DC Yeats, DAC Hayman and Clarke.

Public Inquiries times two - Judge Levinson currently setting terms of reference:
First is into illegal activities of media organisations including phone hacking by NotW and "blagging" etc by other papers.
Second, is the investigation of the relationships between Politicians, Media organisations and the Police.

HMIC - Today Theresa May asked Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary to consider "instances of undue influence, inappropriate contractual arrangements and other abuses of power in police relationships with the media and other parties"

FBI - Phone hacking of 9/11 victims' families and activities related to bribery abroad by NewsCorp employees.

Hertfordshire Police are also investigating the death of Sean Hoare, the former NotW employee and "whistleblower", someone who may have been a key witness in some or all of the above inquiries.

I think that is about all of them and appologies for any inaccuracies, about who is doing what and when.

The Murdochs and Mrs. Brooks are appearing before the CSM Parliamentary Committee on Tuesday.

The two resigned cops Stephenson & Yeats, are appearing before the Home Affairs Committee on Tuesday.

OK, right is everybody clear what is going on? :?

watching Tom Watson grill Rupert Murdoch was so awesome. Especially how Murdoch snr tried to pass off questions to his son and James Murdoch desperately trying to get a word in. Calm, collected and to the point questions.

seeing how both Murdoch's jaws drop in a mock expression of ignorance when Watson told them about Rebekah Brooks claiming several years ago that NotW had paid police officers. Its just so surprising how Murdoch, head of the biggest media companies claimed that he knew nothing at all about what was going on in News International. Each time a question it was asked it was "i know nothing about that" a long silent pause and then just a "no."

Lulzsec strikes again..... :lol:

fakewebsite_1949752c.jpg

maybe Cameron will also be taken down by this then we can have Prime Minister BORIS

MAKE IT SO
boris1.jpg
I'm really looking forward to Prime Minister rt. hon. Boris Johnson MP meeting the honorable Prime Minister of Italy, Silvio Berlusconi. If I was Boris, I'd use some intelligable latin phrase, but I'll leave it with it quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Also, i was pointed to this Daily Fail article which honestly made me laugh so much. In it, the writer claims that News Coporation isn't the biggest threat. its the BBC. ah, only in the Daily Fail could you take the concept of News International Phone Hacking and turn it into a piece of Anti-BBC bias. i've high-lighted some stand-out comments.

source: Daily Fail
The Fail has had an fatwa out for the beeb for a couple of decades, as I understand it, so I don't really view them as a reliable source of information regarding the British Broadcasting Corporation. To use some understatement.

:p

Fox News is a horrible institution. I saw this and I was amazed.
What I find really funny is the line where it's stated "as I understand it, Rupert Murdoch has apologized, but for some reason, [can't remember] still won't let it go".

Well.. if this was Japan, then yes, an apology would probably be enough. But it's the UK. And Murdoch is as trusted as Ronnie Biggs. So his apology doesn't really carry much weight.

Another point is that to some degree, there is potential reasons to gain illegal access to big financial institutions records, it might be in the public interest. They do hold large amounts of personal information, so I am by no means a very happy camper on that one, but hell, let's keep it mind. Hacking the answering phones of the relatives of murder victims etc., or for that matter the medical records of the child of the Queen's first minister doesn't really carry the same public importance.

Another point is that News Corp did it. That's why News Corp gets stuck with it.

James really waffles on in his answers, he must have watched sir humphrey's responses to the select committee before walking in.
We need to get Jeremy Paxman to run for parliament.

Where is Brooke's?
The Tower. According to the tory leading the parliamentary panel said there might be (very) old law to substansiate that parliament may send the Sarjent at arms (the person carrying a sword) to fetch them, and then put them in the tower. Perhaps they've done that.

That would be awsome.

I didn't plan this.. but I bought a big fucking piece of entrec?te yesterday. I think it's time to break out the frying pan so it's ready for Brooks questioning..

-

Another point, am I the only one who feel it's quite.. weird hearing Rupert saying he and Gordon is.. friends?

Someone just did something to someone and someone got slapped by what looks like mr. Murdochs legal aids..