Google+ Who's on it?

Another boring social network? Yawn....

Wish this stupid fad would die off.

Another boring social network? Yawn....

Wish this stupid fad would die off.
I love how you stick your opinion in places where no one cares. No one is forcing you to comment, you don't like it don't comment. In fact, Google+ is great for letting my chat with my cousins spread through out the country, and one of my best friends who moved to Minnesota. So staying in touch with friends and cousins is boring?

In fact, Google+ is great for letting my chat with my cousins spread through out the country, and one of my best friends who moved to Minnesota. So staying in touch with friends and cousins is boring?

This. As transportation has gotten more affordable, people are moving further away from each other. Social networks allow us to communicate in a way that's less costly than phone calls, more efficient than letters, and in some ways with video chat more intimate than email. With huddles/group messaging, you can talk to a group of family and friends...something that's a pain on the phone...even with smartphones, and email is too slow.

Then again, what do I know....I still use IM on a daily basis + prefer offline E-Mail programs like Outlook.

Last edited:
The current G+ is just the beginning. Right now Google is in competition with FB and Twitter, two very established communities. I suspect that Google+ will end up being the backbone to migrate localized computing to "the cloud" and integration with google documents, calendar, mail, apps, and other services. This isn't so much a shot at Facebook and Twitter as it is at Microsoft and Apple.

The current G+ is just the beginning. Right now Google is in competition with FB and Twitter, two very established communities. I suspect that Google+ will end up being the backbone to migrate localized computing to "the cloud" and integration with google documents, calendar, mail, apps, and other services. This isn't so much a shot at Facebook and Twitter as it is at Microsoft and Apple.

I agree completely.

This. As transportation has gotten more affordable, people are moving further away from each other. Social networks allow us to communicate in a way that's less costly than phone calls, more efficient than letters, and in some ways with video chat more intimate than email. With huddles/group messaging, you can talk to a group of family and friends...something that's a pain on the phone...even with smartphones, and email is too slow.

Then again, what do I know....I still use IM on a daily basis + prefer offline E-Mail programs like Outlook.

Exactly. I now 'talk' to more of my family than ever before.

I have an Uncle in Mexico, family thats moved out to Millersport out by Buckeye Lake, family in Athens, not to mention my sweetie over in England. His family, my other friends overseas and those who are now out west. Up in Michigan, out in Oregon, out in Boston and so forth . I could go on and on.

If it wasn't for things like Facebook and sites like it, I'd not be in touch even a tenth as much as I am now. Which is sad in a way, but hey...I'll take what I can get. :)

<obligatory>
ZE KLAUWD
</obligatory>

(Read in Arnold Schwarzenegger voice and accent)

^You can send me a PM with your Gmail account if you want.

IO8vx.png

Thats actually quite an awesome way of looking at it, cause if you look at the services being offered by all these other guys:
Facebook: has introduced video chat and email accounts
Twitter: makes it easy to keep up with friends and info relevant to you
Apple: They have video chat, they will soon have cloud services and BBM like messaging services, and they are syncing their phones with twitter
Microsoft: they are doing what apple is doing, seeing as they bought skype and apple shares

So if Google gets google+ well of the ground, their android phones will soon have cloud storage capabilities,skype like video calling, twitter like information sharing, facebook like social connectedness, email, and BBM like messaging service off one platform, a true all in one package on one platform on your phone which should be easy to use with googles track record.

What is driving people around the country isn't affordable transportation, it is a search for employment.Play "The Grapes of Wrath" backwards to see a modern day take on what is happening.

Where's the address for nastygrams? I don't like the disabling of private profiles, either. Mine's not right now, but if it's an excellent feature to have if I feel the need to in the future.

Forcing users to use more open settings than they really want to is everyone's complaint with Facebook. If G+ is going to do the same, what's the point (besides the lack of Farmville)?

I just used the feedback form and included a link to the engaged story.