Breaking news: Blast hit Norwegian government building in Oslo

There are reports that the culprit at the summer camp was "190cm high, blonde and Scandinavian looking".

That would be.. fucking disgraceful.

Gunman confirmed caught, dead or alive I don't know. The Police confirms.

This is what happens when you have the kind of political climate that we have here in Northern Europe. Both politicians and the media are always saying:
"You shoud not blame anyone", "We are all equal" and that kind of bullshit. The police should treat all suspicious activity as dangerous and don?t give a fuck about what the stupid social-liberal politicians say. The media and the politicians, they are responsible for this very tragic event.

My condolences to the families of all those victims hurt, to the people of Norway and to our Norwegian friends on the FG Forum.

:comfort:

This is an outrage, we will you help find out who did this and bring them to justice.

:sad:

My condolences to the families of all those victims hurt, to the people of Norway and to our Norwegian friends on the FG Forum.

:comfort:

This is an outrage, we will you help find out who did this and bring them to justice.

:sad:
Thank you so much.

-

Reporter from NRK television in a helicopter over the summer camp is reporting seeing 30 dead bodies at the sea. Fucking..

just saw the footage from the helicopter, unreal... unreal..................... bodies everywhere

Norway cries today.

Friday, July 22nd 2011 is a day that will live in infamy. Now, we must win.

I'm crying today. Norway cries today. People in every nook and cranny of Norway cries.

What's happened is despicable, and is without parallell, not just in Norwegian history, but in Nordic history. For those of us who didn't experience April 9th 1940, it's beginning to appear clearly how it must have felt.

But it's paramount to win now. We must win, we can't let the enemy win. The enemy is dangerous, he's clever, and he can get at us. Let's make sure the enemy doesn't win. Let's make sure we continue to live our lives as before, not without remembering, a shadow will be over us for years to come. But let's not change our society, or our prospects in the world.

This is Norway. We're stronger than this. We know that today, muslim men and women in Norway cries. We know this touches us all.

July 22nd 2011 is a date that should unite us as a people. United we are strong, united, we can win. Norwegians, etnicly Norwegians and people from foreign cultures, let's stand together.

Let's stand together in sorrow, in thought and in fighting these forces. Let's show ourselves and the world that we will not accept grusome acts, and that we will never change how we live our lives.

Then, we win.

Just my 2 cents.

warning: blurry/pixelated bodies

parameter
scaled.php

did they flee into the water and drown?

the gunman is said to be of nordic origin, so it's too early to jump to any conclusions as to whom is behind these actions.

the gunman is said to be of nordic origin, so it's too early to jump to any conclusions as to whom is behind these actions.

I'm sure we can say "religious people". Not sure of which one.

This is what happens when you have the kind of political climate that we have here in Northern Europe. Both politicians and the media are always saying:
"You shoud not blame anyone", "We are all equal" and that kind of bullshit. The police should treat all suspicious activity as dangerous and don?t give a fuck about what the stupid social-liberal politicians say. The media and the politicians, they are responsible for this very tragic event.
This kind of hatemongering (especially anti-government and anti-establishment hate mongering) is what brought us were stand now.

While politically I side with nomix in thinking that changing our way of life would mean that these people (whoever they might be) win, my thoughts are with the victims and their families. More than a matter of debate, even more than a crime, this is a tragedy.

I'm sure we can say "religious people". Not sure of which one.
Let's say "ideological radicals". It does not matter if religious or not.

Last edited:
Right wingers of this kind in Norway are rarely very religious, they tend to lean more against nationalism and conservatism, with hate of the establishment.

It's not surprising how some have an urge to point fingers straight after incidents like these..

This is what the NYT has to say about claims by some never-heard-of-before islamist group claiming responsibility:
NYT said:
The claim could not be confirmed. It is not uncommon for terrorist groups to advance claims of responsibility for high-profile attacks, only to have the claims prove to be spurious.
Back in the 70s, it was not uncommon for leftists group to claim responsibility for things they had nothing to do with or even third parties claiming responsibility in the name of groups they were not affiliated with.

the police confirms that several witnesses have seen one specific man outside the blast, then later at Ut?ya where this same man kills several people, that could mean that one man has done both these assults. But again, it's too soon to say.

Yeah. I love the fact several "terror experts" on TV are saying this looks like Al Quida.

Most of these.. experts generally pick the name of a terror group from a hat, then they bloat some blurb about how this attack shares the groups Modus Operandi. This always works, because most terror groups share MO's, and if the MO is unusual for this group, you can just add that it "looks like group x has evolved to a more advanced level of operational capability".

It's usually a consignment of geriatric shoe makers.

Thank you so much.

You are most welcome.

Reporter from NRK television in a helicopter over the summer camp is reporting seeing 30 dead bodies at the sea. Fucking..

The broadcasting codes & convention here probably prevent such images shown on TV. (Certainly not before 21:00.)

BBC News - David Cameron condemns Norway attacks

BBC News said:
Prime Minister David Cameron has said he was "outraged" at the attacks in Norway which have reportedly left at least 11 people dead.

He said he has spoken to the country's PM Jens Stoltenberg to express the UK's condolences and offered assistance in tracking down the perpetrators.

more via link

See, I told you! The Prime Minister agrees with me and it looks like he just copied my Forum post earlier. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I caught that. Current numbers from the summer camp seems to be 10 confirmed dead. There are probably untolt numbers of injured kids, though, some might die in the days to come. There might also be people who have not yet been found. Let's keep in mind that some might have been lying in the grass, bleeding for several hours.

I fear the worst.

Oh, when you go to have tea with David, give him my thanks.