Breaking news: Blast hit Norwegian government building in Oslo

Of all the countries that would be on al qaeda's shortlist, Norway wouldn't be my guess.

My best hopes and wishes guys.

I'm sorry I read somewhere else that al qaeda claimed responsibility. It appears to be in error.

Prime Minister Stoltenberg and Minister of Justice Knut Storberget just confirmed the culprit was Norwegian.

this may be a photo of him in action

nsfw, graphic ect

11-a0b28f94-1a998e35.jpeg

Here's what the NYT thinks about who may have done the bombing.

NYT said:
Conflicting reports centered on one group, Ansar al-Jihad al-Alami, or the Helpers of the Global Jihad. According to Will McCants, a terrorism analyst at C.N.A., a research institute, the group issued a statement claiming responsibility, saying the attack was a response to the presence of Norwegian forces in Afghanistan and to unspecified insults to the Prophet Muhammad.
NYT said:
But Norwegian television reports later suggested that the group had denied responsibility. In the immediate aftermath of recent terrorist attacks, jihadi forums are often filled with claims and counterclaims that are impossible to independently confirm.

Now I don't know about you, but this:

a: sounds pretty freaking different than the Mossad, but hey, what do I know?

b:seems like it might sway popular norwiegian opinion against voting for Palestinian statehood. that's for another thread though.

b:seems like it might sway popular norwiegian opinion against voting for Palestinian statehood. that's for another thread though.

The New York Times haven't been attentive enough. The culprit, now charged, is Norwegian. It's confirmed by the PM and minister of justice.

It won't have any influence on the Norwegian position on Palestinian statehood.

The fact that the person they have under arrest is a Norwegian citizen and of Norwegian appearance points somewhere else than Al-Qaida. The expert they had on the NRK news said there were several theories. One of which pointed towards a Timothy McVeigh type of person, another theory was the mentally deranged, or someone who have become radicalized by an extremist group. There is also possible that he could be an Afghanistan Veteran who went mad, as this was an attack against the government and the youths in the ruling party's youth movement.

It's also worth adding that the suspect apprehended at Ut?ya was seen by witnesses on the site where the bomb was detonated. Just over two hours is plenty of time to go from where the bomb detonated, to Sundvollen, next to Ut?ya. By car, it takes no more than an hour with normal traffic, during rush hour you can add another 20-30 minutes... So it's definitely possible that the same person committed both terrible acts of terror.

I think it's pretty scary. Whenever I walk downtown from where I live, I walk down either M?llergata (running parallel right next to Grubbegata on the picture below), or Akersgata. Both of which runs right past where the bomb went off. :blink:

88-fbf2dc59-65d6fa92.jpeg

Last edited:
NYT said:
Conflicting reports centered on one group, Ansar al-Jihad al-Alami, or the Helpers of the Global Jihad. According to Will McCants, a terrorism analyst at C.N.A., a research institute, the group issued a statement claiming responsibility, saying the attack was a response to the presence of Norwegian forces in Afghanistan and to unspecified insults to the Prophet Muhammad.
And here's what I posted earlier:
NYT said:
The claim could not be confirmed. It is not uncommon for terrorist groups to advance claims of responsibility for high-profile attacks, only to have the claims prove to be spurious.

My quote appears right after the "OMG OMG MUSLIM" blurb you posted.

Sorry for your agenda, but you can't blame the towelheads just now.
*headdesk*
EDIT: Ok, you're seventeen. After all, as you said, "what do I know". Not much, apparently.

Last edited:
I meant to post the whole quote. As you see, the blurb I posted contains similar language. So hey, take a look before slinging some mud.

NYT said:
NYT said:
But Norwegian television reports later suggested that the group had denied responsibility. In the immediate aftermath of recent terrorist attacks, jihadi forums are often filled with claims and counterclaims that are impossible to independently confirm.

Last edited:
I don't want to throw mud around, I'd just wish to have us all (including me, by the way) follow the example of the Norwegian government and accept that it's too early to tell who was behind this - even if according to German media a spokesperson for the Norwegian government said a domestic background seems likely.

This is what reporters are saying so hey, this is a discussion not an actual think tank with actual implications. Now calm down and accept that you didn't finish reading my post. We've seen evidence of foreign organizations using domestic or separate proxies in similar attacks so I don't know why that's such an out-there statement.

I think everybody needs to take a step back. Dozens of people are dead, and most of the people in here are either rashly pointing the finger at various groups that may or may not be "responsible" or biting the heads off others who do. Just let the police do their job and find out in time. Like nomix (paraphrasing slightly from over the page) said, the priority now should be finding those still out there injured and helping them.

My deepest sympathies and wishes to the Norwegian people, most of all. I sincerely hope that you can recover as a country from this horror quickly and smoothly. :hug:

The arrested man is likely a neo-nazi that was arrested in 2001 for possession of guns, explosives and two police uniforms. He was from the eastern part of the country, and was 23 y.o. in 2001, the arrested man is 32 years and he spoke with a dialect from the eastern part of the country.

Here he is! http://nb-no.facebook.com/people/Anders-Behring-Breivik/100002651290254

276366_100002651290254_7355937_n.jpg

Last edited:
most likely 100% accurate, taken Google earth, tax lists and the pixeled picture into concideration. It's the right guy..