Jeremy Clarkson Meets the Neighbours

I just watched these. I found them entertaining, but I'm not really sure what the point of them was. It's always entertaining watching Jeremy being an ass, of course. The entire Belgium episode (regardless of the accuracy of its contents) was absolutely hilarious.

He seems to me to have spent a lot of time focusing on the more upscale areas of Europe. Basically an entire episode on the French Riviera, Basque party towns, expensive Italian boutiques, high end restaurants, French fashion coaches etc. To be fair, there was some earthier stuff covered in Belgium and Holland but mostly this was a "millionaire's perception of Europe". Europe is wonderful, but the Europe portrayed isn't exactly the Europe that most people live in.

Speaking as an American, I did find it funny that, even in a show that has nothing to do with America at all, he keeps making disparaging remarks about America and Americans. The man is obsessed.

I just watched these. I found them entertaining, but I'm not really sure what the point of them was. It's always entertaining watching Jeremy being an ass, of course. The entire Belgium episode (regardless of the accuracy of its contents) was absolutely hilarious.

He seems to me to have spent a lot of time focusing on the more upscale areas of Europe. Basically an entire episode on the French Riviera, Basque party towns, expensive Italian boutiques, high end restaurants, French fashion coaches etc. To be fair, there was some earthier stuff covered in Belgium and Holland but mostly this was a "millionaire's perception of Europe". Europe is wonderful, but the Europe portrayed isn't exactly the Europe that most people live in.

Speaking as an American, I did find it funny that, even in a show that has nothing to do with America at all, he keeps making disparaging remarks about America and Americans. The man is obsessed.

Well this is Jeremy we're talking about. He's not going to spend his time in council estates and low-rent boozers. I don't suppose you can blame him when you saw the places he was visiting. That's Jeremy's europe as much as anyone else's.

I can't believe that no one knew what 'shaving sex' is though... I'd have thought that was fairly obvious.

I think this series probably is one of the best JC ever did. Loaded with classic JC humour, nothing like modern day TG.

Well this is Jeremy we're talking about. He's not going to spend his time in council estates and low-rent boozers. I don't suppose you can blame him when you saw the places he was visiting. That's Jeremy's europe as much as anyone else's.

I can't believe that no one knew what 'shaving sex' is though... I'd have thought that was fairly obvious.
Of course it is - sex with a hair dresser of course.

Clarkson could easily be a travel show host even if he had no knowledge/interest in cars. His Motorworld series reflects the same snarky attitude.

Just watched these.

Very curious about one thing. TG new series has frequently impressed me with soundtrack choices, and so has this program, so I'm wondering, did JC have much input? He actually seems like a guy with good musical taste, so that's why I'm wondering.

Okay, what exactly am I talking about. Moby, thoughout this program, has been great. And then finally, in the last ep (as I'm watching it) Moby, Air, Crystal Method, and then (stunningly) Vangelis off the Blade Runner soundtrack. A Maze ing. Tear producing. So, very curious now. Who does JC rely upon for musical direction? Somebody with great taste IMO.

Just watched these.

Very curious about one thing. TG new series has frequently impressed me with soundtrack choices, and so has this program, so I'm wondering, did JC have much input? He actually seems like a guy with good musical taste, so that's why I'm wondering.

Okay, what exactly am I talking about. Moby, thoughout this program, has been great. And then finally, in the last ep (as I'm watching it) Moby, Air, Crystal Method, and then (stunningly) Vangelis off the Blade Runner soundtrack. A Maze ing. Tear producing. So, very curious now. Who does JC rely upon for musical direction? Somebody with great taste IMO.

I also wondering if is the guy credited as "Music by" or the Editor. ?