The "Things that annoy me" thread

This heatwave. It literally hit triple digit temperatures. Not only that, it is HUMID. And it's predicted to last until Monday up here*.

*Anyone else suffering from it has my sympathies...

The heat wave is brutal, a/c on, the only time spent outside is in the pool; which by the way is like bath water with this heat.

We're sharing in on the fun. Feels like 90+ degrees from 11 to 11, with triple digits in the early afternoon.

Welcome to my hell! :p

The heat wave is brutal, a/c on, the only time spent outside is in the pool; which by the way is like bath water with this heat.
I don't HAVE aircon, so I took every excuse to gank the Focus and drive around in air conditioned luxury. At one point there was a pop up thunderstorm. I stuck my arm out the window - it was like a warm shower. One of the places I hid for a couple hours has a weather station on the roof. It was showing 110 degrees and butthuge humidity for a heat index north of 120. This isn't a heatwave - the planet is just straight up trying to murder us.

At this point do you blame the planet for trying?

I feel sorry for those of you out east in this heat wave. It's not everyday you guys have temperatures as high as in Arizona. :p

Yeah, but we have this weird thing called humidity, you may have heard about it. :tease:

This is the most important question of all: Cowboys or Sooners?

RaptopJesus said it, I'm very much a proud Oklahoma State alum. The question would have been a bit more complicated if you had asked "Crimson or Orange", because I'm also a University of Indiana grad and their colors are cream and crimson.

That man bleeds orange and black.

Yes, yes I do.

This damn heat is about to make me move out of the southeast. I hate humidity!!!!! When its over 100 for days its just not worth it. The other night I left work at 4am (bartender) and the heat index was still over 90!

Edit: I see I am not the only one who is sick of this crap.

Last edited:
Move to where? :p the whole country is awful lately.

Just have to say, it's been close to 100F in my house and the air conditioning broke. So by about 5 PM it's around 95F in my room. (I've been finding "excuses" to go places with air conditioning.)

Normally it's in the upper 80s to low 90s before mid-August, but this year it's been in the 100s since June.

Go to sears, buy new ac before heat stroke.
Seriously I would move into a walgreens or something that is 24 hours with ac if mine went out now.

Go to sears, buy new ac before heat stroke.
Seriously I would move into a walgreens or something that is 24 hours with ac if mine went out now.

This, is there a mall you could go to Moogle? Staying in your house when it's that hot isn't a good idea.

Ahh a Cowboy, good, we can all keep cocking about in peace. If your answer had been Sooner.....we might have to fight :mrgreen:

May Texas and Oklahoma State always be united in their hate of the Sooners

Yeah there is a mall. I just went there two days ago and spent over $100 on shiny things that I wanted. (It's unfortunate, I end up buying stuff like video games and stuff. Although, I do have lots of stuff to post in the new toys section. @_@) I usually just go out to some of the cafes or restaurants that have Wi-Fi and don't care about how long you stay.

Supposedly the AC person showed up today, but I didn't see any papers or any notifications if they did. The system worked, but it wasn't pushing out cold air, just cool air.

Well at least that is something.

Why does AC not count as a utility instead of luxury? It is the same as heat, without one you can die. Depending on where you live you can never need heat, even in New England the temperature at the condo never when lower than 55 when we were checking it this winter and one of the windows won't shut. If I lived there I would never have to turn the heat on ever.

Oh I agree. I know that some state (Sorry I forget which one, but I saw it on a news thing) or area just made it a law for those without power to have the power restored to them while the outside temperature is over 100F. At least it's something.

Houses also should be built much better too since a lot of them (this one included) has poor air flow.