iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations

This list greatly disappoints me. Oval I don't care about, but only those three road cars. I guess that will choose what I'm running next season.

They are going to roll the rest out over the next weeks. I would imagine they wouldn't go too long without releasing a new car. And they certainly won't wait very long to get a rookie car or two out so absolutely everyone can try.

Steve Myers sais:

I updated you guys last Wednesday about the cars we are targeting for release this week and I wanted to give you more current information.

I said that we had the Vette on our target list but we have decided to focus on the Skip Barber car instead of the Vette as it is looking to be further along in development. Don't worry about the Prototype and GT series having a car with the old tire model in it, there will be no issues with that.

So as of right now we are looking to release:

Impala A
Impala B
Silverado
Ford GT
HPD ARX-01C
Skip Barber Formula 2000

We have an awesome teaser video for the LMP2, Ford GT and Suzuka going up this afternoon so stay tuned to our iRacing youtube channel. Terrific work by Christian Braun! And yes, we do realize that the opening frame says the content is available now but we did this because it will be in a few days making it more relevant instead of "soon"....

Steve

Excellent.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIVTprFUeyw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Oh.

Mah.

Balls.

Skippy with NTM? I likey!

I still don't know if I'm actually going to commit to a season of this ALMS thing. Depends what time you guys have races for me. I think I want to do the Ford GT more. But I that mite change depending on how they feel. Hurry up and release please.

I just did a 13th Week MX-5 race at Charlotte Road course. I qualified well, but it was right before the event. The time I set didn't count :( I dodged a massive accident by inches, was spun (racing incident), and I worked my way through traffic. Was the best race I've had. Lots of close racing. So good, I'll be making a youtube video of it.

I aint touching the official series. Getting re-acquainted with the Skippy and will do tire model experiments. That is, when I'm not laughing at bottom split Street Stock races.

Not as good as some of the Legends races were when speccing was new. But still bloody hilarious. There seem to be more fights in Street Stocks. And they are more unforgiving.

The Legends were fun because they would bounce around a lot when they crashed, collecting more cars and generally making more rage.

Yeah, I had a fun race actually.

I started 9th, and lap 1 I just took it easy, as I always see people get smashed out. Didn't gain or lose any positions from memory, but then at T1 on lap 2, Some donkey from miles back smashed me in the back, I went across the grass sideways and got back on the track amazingly without spinning or crashing into anyone else. So I think I dropped down to about 11th or 12th, so it wasn't the end of the world.

Then during the race I just pushed pretty hard, and made up places when people were taking each other out. Managed to finish 4th by the end of it.

I really struggle with the bloody gearbox in that car. It just doesn't well in my opinion.

And that draft was pretty powerful. But its pretty easy to defend against. In fact I was shocked at how easy people gave up on positions against me. And yet when I felt the need to defend against others, all I did was drop it low and cover the inside. No one is going to make it around the outside because there is a wall on the outside, and it would be a scary move I'd imagine.

Fun times though.

I don't have any issues with the gearbox, but I use the Roadster exclusively. Are you using that or the Cup car? The ratios in the Cup really don't work well on most tracks.

I too use the Roadster exclusively. Just shifting bites for me. I was having issues going down the gears. And if you mistime it, it gets stuck in neutral, and then it's a mission to get on the clutch and shift and go around a corner all at the same time. Just irritates me lol.

I find the Mustang far worse when it comes to that. Easiest work-around is to change gear on your H-shifter in advance, and then engage and disengage the clutch when you want to actually shift up or down. As long as you're not too quick with your clutch action the problem should all but disappear.

Oh man, that sucks dude. Hope you at least get it above 2.0.

PS, new build lands at 2PM Eastern tomorrow. Oh man oh man oh dude oh jeez oh dude oh man. LMP tiemz!!!111

Not as good as some of the Legends races were when speccing was new. But still bloody hilarious. There seem to be more fights in Street Stocks. And they are more unforgiving.

The Legends were fun because they would bounce around a lot when they crashed, collecting more cars and generally making more rage.

You were so right. Its just gold. nothing but gold and winning everywhere. :D lol