Fifth Gear 5FWD: Fisker aiming for "Veyron performance"

Mr. Nice

Fisker aiming for "Veyron performance"

1311346807_size_9.jpeg

Fisker Automotive is targeting ''Veyron levels of performance'' for its range of cars thanks to a new gearbox that is currently in development.

Some electric cars are already capable of remarkable acceleration through single ratio transmissions ? the Tesla Roadster manages 0-60mph in 3.9 seconds ? but Henrik Fisker believes a multi-speed gearbox could improve performance even further.

The boss of the Californian-based company said: ''With the torque at the wheels increased by the use of a gearbox, Veyron levels of performance should be possible.''

Previous attempts to mate an electric motor to such a transmission have failed due to reliability issues, but Fisker seems intent on solving the problem for its future models, including the forthcoming Karma saloon.

It was recently revealed that the firm had secured 3,000 orders for the range-extender model with film star Leonardo di Caprio set to receive the first production car later this month.

The Fisker is a handsome thing.

The Z8 was designed by Fisker anyways.

With a powerful electric engine coupled with a good gearbox.. Why wouldn't 0-60 in 2.5 seconds be plausible? I would imagine acceleration is the main attribute he is considering in this example.

I aim to be the first man on Mars.
I aim to be a unicorn.
I am targeting sleeping with a supermodel.

All statements as true and valid as Fister's.

Really though, the biggest problem facing market penetration of electric cars is that they'll only go to the end of your street before needing to be recharged for 40 days and 40 nights. A quick electric car is just compromising that further shirley?

Also; someone needs to make a car called Fister. srsly. I'd buy it just to drive through tunnels and giggle immaturely.

Whenever I read Fisker my mind turns it to Fusker and I think of May's cat...

fusker2.jpg

And then I read Fusker Karma and imagine that is what will occur when James gets hold of the bastard who ran him over.

First concentrate on design, I do not want to see that big thing of ugliness in my town.

I doubt you have to worry about that. Can anyone in the Lativan town of Marupe actually afford a Fiskar? If the richest man in Marupe buys a Fiskar, some guy in a practical Renault will crash into him.
?

Last edited: