FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as at least D-Fence and MacGuffin do have keychain cams and Ice has a GoPro. That said, you can never have enough cameras so I don't say you shouldn't order one. ;)

I also have ordered another 16 Gigs of storage for the keychain cam.

That said, you can never have enough cameras so I don't say you shouldn't order one. ;)

Indeed, just ordered one with a 16GB card, plus a second 16GB card for my phone. :D

Also I've got an inverter for charging shit on the way over, an airbed reserved at Argos for tomorrow, I bought a sleeping bag from Amazon last week and someone bought be a camping cutleery set for me to stab myself with.

Sorted my travel and phone insurance today and will be buying a 3 data bundles from orange that will give me 30MB of data on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday while roaming. Happy days!

I might be using my VAG-COM Craptop and a Surfstick to create a WiFi hotspot for you guys, not sure if it works yet, need to figure that out ;)
So anybody with a VAG car who wants something programmed, it is possible. Check openobd.org or http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/index.html or google your car + vagcom or vcds :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries, I will run a wire from your brake light to your horn while you sleep.

I'd ask you to give me more POWAH but I'm not going to have it with me and I can't find the computer plug. :|

I'll bring some Tesa Powerstrips so we can fix them to the dash without the need of velcro and with added benefit of residue-free removal.

this would be helpful for me... I have a cheap p&s camera that takes rather nice 720p video, but my windshield mount basically requires me to shoot with it upside-down :(

this would be helpful for me... I have a cheap p&s camera that takes rather nice 720p video, but my windshield mount basically requires me to shoot with it upside-down :(

can't you turn the video in some editingsoftware :p

I have to shoot upside down with the GoPro and since I edit video anyway, it's a lot easier to flip it in Premiere Pro than to set the GoPro to flip the image itself. It's a 3 click and 3 keystroke operation.

Once you figure out what sort of preferences you need to set for the project, it's really simple, actually. You then just save the preset and you're set for (the camera's) life. As far as encoding goes, I find it's easiest to encode into H.264 .mp4. Least fuss and youtube has no problems with it.

I might write up a quick tutorial on for those 2 processes if anyone's interested.

I have to shoot upside down with the GoPro and since I edit video anyway, it's a lot easier to flip it in Premiere Pro than to set the GoPro to flip the image itself. It's a 3 click and 3 keystroke operation.

the issue is with the audio codec used by my camera... I've yet to find anything that works with it easily and can convert it to something more friendly. If I could do that, then flipping it would be fairly easy.

You got a sample you can upload? I doubt Premiere Pro would have a problem with it, honestly.

I doubt Premiere Pro would have a problem with it, honestly.

My thought exactly. I can't think of anything above Windows Movie Maker that doesn't have that option. :think:

My thought exactly. I can't think of anything above Windows Movie Maker that doesn't have that option. :think:

what option? If you're referring to rotating video around, even Windows Movie Maker can do that. We're talking about other issues though.

I haven't gotten to playing with Premiere in a while. The version I have laying around now is the latest, which requires a 64bit OS. I have to go back and find an older version to play with. I really didn't want to load up premiere just to convert a video file (since that's all I'm trying to do), but I may have to anyway.

Last edited:
Another teaser for the OGP, this time onboard on an M1 Procar:

Btw: just 15 days to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.