[02x01] July 24, 2011

[02x01] July 24, 2011

• Total voters
I'm convinced the worst part of 2X01 was that all three cars had California registration! My gosh, don't these yahoos know that if you want a car that runs in Texas, then buy in Texas?

It took me precisely three minutes to come up with three local cars that are not only more appropriate, but more entertaining as well!

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2465231851.html

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2514560510.html

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2502969400.html

And no, I have no financial interest in any of the three cars above!

:lol:
you obviously did not understand the challenge at all. they were looking for a CAR as an alternative to the pick-up truck. you have a full-sized van and a Jeep Cherokee 2 door, which doesn't qualify for this challenge. pay attention.

Oh and one more thing, and I'm dead serious here.

There are many people where I love who would consider that opening slide more than offensive.

You do not....under any circumstances...stand on the American flag.

Yea, lots of folks outside of the U.S. don't understand why we are the way we are about the flag...and that's fine. But whomever came up with this graphic has no concept about how NASCAR country feels about the Stars and Stripes.
cry me a river. you act like they actually painted an American flag on the pavement, did donuts and burn-outs, and pissed on it when they were finished. guess what, it's a still a "graphic". made by a device called a "computer", which does weird a crazy things when on "television". and yes, i do know that defamation of an American Flag is wrong, but so is killing another person...yet people still do it, and some get away with it too. so don't over-analyze every single, stupid detail, and just let it be. this was made with the best of intentions, and if you can't (or refuse) to see it, i suggest not watching it anymore. just made that very simple for you...
I also don't like the delivery of the challenges -- or non-delivery.

I get the labcoat-guy thing is British and comes from other UK shows and they needn't do that, but there needs to be some schtick. How about make the Stig deliver the challenges, try to incorporate him. I always loved when TG UK did that a few years ago, such as including him in the race across London or when they have him delivered somewhere as cargo. They are missing out on a lot of comedy.

this may sound "mean-spirited", but i like to see a balled-up paper with the challenge written on it to be thrown at one the guys' head off camera. i would have a chuckle if a producer throws them a crumpled piece of paper at them just off camera. a lot better than a "man in a white coat" handing them a envelope.

This whole debate reminds of Bill Hicks on the issue of burning the flag etc.

"Hey, buddy, my granddaddy died in Korea for that flag!"

"That's a coincidence, mine was made in Korea!"

Except it's not a flag we're talking about. It's an image projected onto a green screen

you obviously did not understand the challenge at all. they were looking for a CAR as an alternative to the pick-up truck. you have a full-sized van and a Jeep Cherokee 2 door, which doesn't qualify for this challenge. pay attention.

You need to send your sarcasm meter in for a tune up.

I don't believe there needs to be a "leader" and I think all of them bring something.

Exactly! :nod:

And since Adam is clearly the funniest and mischievous of the bunch I'm not sure why he is copping so much flak.

I'd also say it's fallout from last season. Personally, I'm warming to him.

No, it's true, talk to somebody in the military, there are a whole hosts of things you are not supposed to do with an American flag. They aren't supposed to touch the ground, they aren't supposed to stay out overnight (at least not without a spotlight), they are supposed to be disposed of properly, et al. They aren't supposed to be used in a product.

I was in the USN for nearly 10 years, I know about flag etiquite and he was full of shit, pissed that they were "standing" on a CGI flag? Really?

Let see -
New opening - I really didn't mind, they just wanted to "Americanise" the show more.
Concept of the episode - I liked the concept, the challenges were alright. However just like with almost all TGA shows they missed the whole point of it. The concept was to replace pick-ups with more fuel efficient cars. Yet they never had a challenge based on efficiency. And they had Adam in a V8 Maverick UH?! A newer diesel pick-up could get better mileage "working" then that Maverick probably did.
Pre-Made Monster cars - This is what I like least about TGA it just feels so set up, I almost would believe that the production team goes out and buy the cars for them and says "here you're driving this". Granted I'm sure TGUK doesn't do all of their work but they at least make you think they did.
And I still hate how short the show is.
Rutlage throwing up - I too am sick of this, where did he come from in the South? Can't drink shine, and can't chew.
Tanner - I normally like Tanner but this episode he was just being a Douche.
Adam - Let him fix his own damn car! or leave him.
And the audience lacks emotion like they are all waiting for cues.

This season already seems like the same ol' TGA to me.

this may sound "mean-spirited", but i like to see a balled-up paper with the challenge written on it to be thrown at one the guys' head off camera. i would have a chuckle if a producer throws them a crumpled piece of paper at them just off camera. a lot better than a "man in a white coat" handing them a envelope.
^ This I love.

There was simply not enough substance in that "challenge" to stretch it into a full episode. You expect epic from TG when they do a special, this was far from it. Stick a review and a news segment and cut the useless bits from that challenge and it would have been an 8 or 9 rather than the 6 I think it is.
There is tiny bit of chemistry starting to develop between the cast, although they still feel awkward in the studio. Even around the camp fire, here is a setting that the TG UK crew would make into a golden segment but in the hands of TG US was a snooze fest.

At least they're trying to fit each one of them into a role and I think they could have success with that, even though I still don't see the value that Ferrara brings to the show. He doesn't seem to have any sort of passion towards cars, knows nothing about them or about driving them, and really isn't that funny. He just doesn't strike me like the sort of fellow I'd like to grab a beer and talk about cars with like any other TG (UK or US) presenter.

Last edited:
Worst episode ever, it's a shame this video comes with a TG badge on it. The plot is weak, it's full of stupid cliches and copy-pasted jokes from previous TG UK episodes. A complete failure. I gave it 1.

'tard

What are you expecting? It will NOT be TG UK so people need to stop expecting that in season 2. Shit takes time but spoiled brats will never understand that.

Even though TG US did a challenge that the mothership has never done and is uniquely American, I don't care! I still think the show sucks because it's not filmed at Dunsfold and doesn't feature any British middle-aged men falling over and catching on fire. Plus I think I missed the thread for 1x01.

I think that's a bit more accurate, y/y?

:idiot:

I really like the first episode of this second season. I agree that the cuts to the studio were not well placed and that I would have like to see a news segment or something but all together I think I would rate this episode a high 8 to low 9. I see some of you have been making comments about the cattle herding and the campfire segment. One thing you have to remember is that this is a show on the History Channel. Even watching Pawn Stars you learn bits and pieces of history while watching the show, the same you did while they were around the campfire and throughout the cattle parts, learning about the way ranchers used to herd cattle across Texas.

Enough ranting for my first post.

Y'all have a good day now ya hear!

Worst episode ever, it's a shame this video comes with a TG badge on it. The plot is weak, it's full of stupid cliches and copy-pasted jokes from previous TG UK episodes. A complete failure. I gave it 1.

worst input, ever. it's a shame you're a member of FG. the criticism is weak, it's full of stupid cliches and copy-pasted opinions from former (and short-lived) FG forum trolls. a complete failure on your part. i'll give you a -1.

thanks for playing.

To reply in a style to which you can relate - you drive a piece of shit Vauxhall Corsa, your opinion is invalid.

I think that's a bit more accurate, y/y?

:idiot:

Totally, and utterly deserving of a broadside from my enormous green blob gun!

worst input, ever. it's a shame you're a member of FG. the criticism is weak, it's full of stupid cliches and copy-pasted opinions from former (and short-lived) FG forum trolls. a complete failure on your part. i'll give you a -1.

thanks for playing.

I think it is Game Over and very soon it will be out of quarters!

ditch the audience. Recording the audience outside because you can't get the room acoustics right isn't the thing to do. Just cut it. It's not needed.

This episode (series) seemed to have more production budget than last and you can tell. No, it's not as good as TGUK, but I like it and it has promise.

I didn't find the cocking about that funny, but then again I don't like it in the original version ether. But even in a cocking about episode, TG UK always include one or two serious segment, but this ep is just about them driving around in some crappy cars. The only part I liked is when they converted it to monster trucks.