Awesome Thread... [Automotive Edition]

Aston Martin, putting the "ass" into Multipass. :D

And while I am definitely not a biker by inclination, riding that thing while wearing a full Predator outfit would be pretty badass!

Last edited:

This is epic, but also an epic viral try to get their new "LOVE THE RING" campaign distributed in the net. They stole the SAVE THE RING logo, put a ring around it and now try to be associated with both SAVE THE RING and LOVE THE RING to try to stop the STR guys getting the word out how incompetent the current owners of the ring are (driving it into bancruptcy): http://mikefrison.com/1212

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/d-/d-fence/2011/07/28/SAVE_vs_LOVE_110721.jpg

(as well, someone pointed out that love the ring could also have a different meaning if you are a gay man...)

It's intresting to see where the Save the Ring campaign leads. Hopefully they can make someting change.

And I want to see what happens when you're driving red gaymobile in Finland with Save the Ring sticker on the side! :)

Most might not find any interest in it, but I'll post anyways. Gay watermark but nice picture of an awesome machine.

CCB0874-XL.jpg

More shit about the car...

Virginia Speed 427 (RHS Block)
ETP 265 cathedral heads
Solid roller valvetrain
Super Victor intake
Billet Atomizer 225lb/hr fuel injectors
PT106 turbo
SFI 25.3 cage
3280lb raceweight

Shakedown pass on low boost (19psi): 5.68 @ 139.9 [1/8 mile obviously]

Skip ahead to 0:44 for this car.

Fireball said:
I'm still in the shakedown phase and have been fighting off several "small" issues, but on the 2nd run on the car, goes 5.68 @ 139.9 at only 19psi at our local event (I was treating the event as test passes hence the low boost). Still working on getting the setup optimized for spoolup (run a really tight converter) but its a decent start, even with a lazy 60' time haha . Whats crazy is that this isn't far off from what the car ran with the old 366/98mm setup at 34 psi :eek: Shouldn't be long until I get the bugs worked out and push it to 40+ psi

Last edited:
gtpcom-mazda-rx7-92p-2.jpg

BMW-M1-France-a18335132.jpg

WM_Le_Mans-1980-06-15-083.jpg

BMW M1 "Carte de France" (Replica)

800px-BMW-M1_Piquet_1980-05-24.jpg

BMW M1 "Ja zum N?rburgring"

M1-Muenchen2.jpg

BMW M1 "Hofbr?uhaus M?nchen"

WM_Zolder-1981-03-22-083.jpg

WM_Zolder-1981-03-22-083c.jpg

BMW M1 "Walter Maurer Artcar" (one of two)

WM_Zolder-1982-03-21t-010.jpg

BMW M1 "Stadt Bielefeld"

It's been a year since the previous post, so here are some more cutaways I've collected over the year. Again, they are mostly from that Autosport thread.

Enjoy!

Thanks, love the race car cutaways. Never before realised what a joke the Audi S1 E2 rollcage is. Barely has any bars and top it all off, looks like it's bolted on, not welded. Safe...

nsx_23 said:

I wonder if that's backfire or if it's about to go up in flames :D. The RX-792P's exhaust had a nasty habit of causing the car to catch fire. Afaik those slits above the RX-792P text are just to cool the exhaust. One of the most stunning looking IMSA GTP cars nevertheless, pace wise it was too little too late though. Well, the cars burning up didn't help either.

"fuck you" :lol: