Online Top Gear columns by the presenters

:lol: Knowing the Fail/Wail/Snail/Mail, someone is bound to.

^I have to add, that is the best article I've read in quite some time.

I liked it too, but that razor sounds like the one my son uses and he says it gives the best shave he has ever had. The blades are quite expensive though.

Large%20Image.jpg

Hammond hearts his Mustang

This column is retarded

Followed by a Volkswagen Variant, which, so far as I could tell, was the stupidest car ever made. It was a shooting brake, but since it was rear-engined, all of the space where you would normally put things in an estate, was full of engine.
There is space above the engine AND in the front in a Type 3 Variant.

woeful handling
I actually think the beetle's handling is quite good, Obviously it cannot be compared with modern cars, or even more sporty cars from the 50's/60's. But i find for driving around in the city the Beetle's handling is pretty good. It's easy and fun to drive, it's nimble. My dad has '63 1200cc beetle which i get to drive sometimes. It's awesome.
I've also read some road-tests/reviews from the 50's/60's that praised the Beetle's for it's good handling.

Of course, fans of the Bug will explain that there is no such thing as ?a Beetle' and point out that over the years, 78,000 separate changes were made to the original design. I would counter by suggesting that this means there were 78,000 things wrong with the original design.
That is just idiotic logic. The beetle was in production for over 60 years. The original design was from the 1930's. They had to make improvements to keep up with the times, And despite all the changes, The basic design remained the same. I think the fact that the beetle was being made to the original design for so long shows how RIGHT the original design was.

when various Beetle-driving hippies met up on the corner of Haight and Ashbury in San Francisco and sang songs about putting flowers in each other's hair. To forget perhaps that they'd turned up in a car that was the brainchild of perhaps the most evil man who ever lived.
Ferdinand Porsche had plans for a small, affordable "peoples car" before he was commissioned by Hitler.

that razor sounds like the one my son uses and he says it gives the best shave he has ever had.

I'll let you into a secret. Or at least, something I've noticed.

When a model is new - two blades, three, whatever - the shave you get is excellent. Then they introduce a new model, and suddenly your new blades don't seem to shave as well as they used to. It's almost as though they reduce the quality of the blades or something, although I'm sure they wouldn't do such a thing.

I'll let you into a secret. Or at least, something I've noticed.

When a model is new - two blades, three, whatever - the shave you get is excellent. Then they introduce a new model, and suddenly your new blades don't seem to shave as well as they used to. It's almost as though they reduce the quality of the blades or something, although I'm sure they wouldn't do such a thing.

Well, as conspiracy theories go, it's not quite on a par with faked moon landings or the world being run by giant lizards, but it might be worthy of its own website

Well, as conspiracy theories go, it's not quite on a par with faked moon landings or the world being run by giant lizards, but it might be worthy of its own website

I actually believe that conspiracy theory which is why after he decided he liked the razor, I bought him a years worth of blades. When he has to buy more we will see if he still likes it.

Bit heavy on the Hammond, isn't it?

Please TG website. I want you to post James's piece on in-car games. The whole world should know about "baa-lamb/donkey"

When you are on a travelator at an airport and your path is blocked by two people standing chatting, you don't scream at them to get out of the way. You don't make horn noises. You do nothing. You wait, patiently. Or, if you are in a rush, you say, very politely, "Excuse me."

That is so true :) People tend to go a bit mad in their cars. I read this article in the TG magazine and I quite enjoyed it.