Just got a GoPro Camera

flyinhawaiian

Car(s)
Mazdaspeed Protege
First video attempt:

[video=youtube;-bFFT622ueU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bFFT622ueU[/video]

Barely any wind noise, that's amazing. Can I look at these in store?

Yep, they're in a TON of retailers now. The trick for me not getting any wind noise was by using the audio from the run where I mounted the camera on the back of the car looking at the Mazdaspeed badge. Keep in mind I only used 1 camera for this video, so I used the single audio track and took clips from the other 6 runs for the video. So long as its out of direct wind, it grabs freakin sweet audio!

Excellent clip. How long did it take to make? What with 6 runs and all. It would be kinda cool to see an extended video of a longer twistier road with all the different camera angles. Makes it a lot more fun to watch.

BTW, does your Mazda have an upgraded exhaust? Because it sounds great. Nice and growly. :cool:

Thanks TC! The runs took about 5-mins, round trip, each - so maybe 30 mins of driving and whatnot. Then on FinalCut Pro I spent maybe 45 minutes to an hour worth of editing to get it as it is. It's been about a year since I used FCP, so the first 20 minutes were spent figuring out how the damn program worked! Living in on the central Floridian coast has some great advantages, beaches, sunshine, constant temperatures, but what it's severely lacking are any paved roads with curves in them. :cry: I'll have to wait until I move back to somewhere with twisties nearby.

As for the car, I have a Vibrant Turbo-back exhaust on the car, and LOVE the way it sounds. Good ear bud!

Last edited:
AHHH stalker ALERT!!!!

That's freakin funny!!