Anglolovers

So one more thing to know about Ukania, the natives moan a lot about the littlest things. :hmm:

Germans do that. At least the ones I know. There's one here solely for school, she absolutely hates the US and everyday has to tell me about it. I get it, the weather sucks and we have no history. There's also a 30 something that was here about 12 years ago for a nanny job and then moved back to Germany, yet she comes back every year for 3 years now to visit, but she hates how are school system works and food and other things. So you just spend 800 bucks on a plane ticket, why?

Oh look - where have all the TV antennae gone? Who has put the circa 1900 lights back?

The council did that, also routed all the phone/power lines under the street, and something to do with preserving the area in its historic state means TV aerials have to be inside the attics now.

So one more thing to know about Ukania, the natives moan a lot about the littlest things.

The UK, where everyone moans about everything but nothing ever changes. :lol:

I like to do this thing called "saving money." So everything get's switched off at the socket, just in case. :lol:

It's that Scottish air, m'dear. It's getting to you. Before you know it you'll be craving Irn Bru and attending ceilidhs!

Book a long weekend in Oldham, quick. A few nights of chips, mushy peas and curry sauce washed down with a couple of pints of lager top and you'll be back to your old self in no time.

Just steer clear of Saddleworth Moor because there will be loads of kids under your feet. ;)

What? Too soon?

Last edited:
Yeah, good job guys on designing your plugs to take up three hundred cubic fucking feet of space. Your power strips take up entire living rooms.

This.

Have the British yet to figure out how mix hot and cold water while washing your hands at a sink?

And this. Seriously, it's either ?&#? cold or so fricking hot that you'll burn yourself.

What annoys me most about UK plugs is that they usualy have an offswitch.

And this. STOP "&#? TURNING THE BLOODY SWITCH OFF! Every time when I've plugged something in and found my seat, I find out that the plug isn't switched on.

Last edited:
Enough guys. We all know we aren't perfect but Maeday was looking for an Anglophile perspective. Stop with the Ukania bashing already. We moan about the place enough for the rest of the world put together anyway.

Especially those bloody Norwegians. The Poles nicking half of our jobs was bad enough but now the Pickled Fish Ferrets are over here shagging our wimminz!

:shakefist: Get off our lawns lady gardens!

Last edited:
* snip - Two bloody northerns, talking about some shithole called Oldham and its charming culinary delights. *

Just steer clear of Saddleworth Moor because there will be loads of kids under your feet. ;)

What? Too soon?

Probably only about three of us got that, but I picked up a couple of tickets on the hellbus, already.

:p

Especially those bloody Norwegians. The Poles nicking half of our jobs was bad enough but now the Pickled Fish Ferrets are over here shagging our wimminz!

:shakefist: Get off our lawns lady gardens!

Oi! You just be happy we don`t take them with us!:p

Reactions: h-p
But... but we haven't even talked how you guys drive on the wrong side of the road :(
Funny, I've watched too much Top Gear and other British TV. I consider the left side of the road to be the right side for driving.

It was Napoleon who made everyone do the wrong thing - because a) he was left handed, or b) he wanted to reverse the standard that the rich 'aristos' had. He had an interesting outlook on team work - it was that so long as everyone did as he said that was team work. Prototype for Hitler and the EU, one Europe together under the direction of some loonie/loonies.

UK; Moving to metric system. Inch by inch.

moving away from it surprisingly, a lot of the anti Europe press has been pushing for the return of pounds/ounces as a legal measurement in shops as a way of sticking it to brussels.

A French journo was on the TV and stupidly asked a Ukanian Politician "Do you not trust the French then?" A. "Not 2.54 cms." :lol:

Last edited:
It's that Scottish air, m'dear. It's getting to you. Before you know it you'll be craving Irn Bru and attending ceilidhs!

Book a long weekend in Oldham, quick. A few nights of chips, mushy peas and curry sauce washed down with a couple of pints of lager top and you'll be back to your old self in no time.

What? Too soon?

Anyone who genuinely likes Irn Bru who ani't Scottish, has summat wrong wi' 'emselves in me world. Seriously, that shit gives you gut rot. :|

Oh an' I wouldn't willingly spend a weekend in Oldham. I like me body how it is right now, in one piece. :lol:

Oh an' in me Shotgun an' Firearms certificates, I've been told I look like a black-haired Myra Hindley. Which is err... yeah. Settling. :|

Anyone who genuinely likes Irn Bru who ani't Scottish, has summat wrong wi' 'emselves in me world. Seriously, that shit gives you gut rot.

Tried Irn Bru once, never again. that stuff is poured from the fires of hell. took me ages to remove the taste from my mouth.